Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]
Gaze-Sama's Shaky Begginings.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Uncle Touchy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:10 pm
Oh Herro there. My name is Jim and this is my little ol' thread.

I will update this thread maybe once or twice a week as I am definitely a slowwww artist.

I would like to take my art into the slightly bizarre direction... I favor morbidity over realism and I would love to get very graphic gory or overly sexualized.

Though if I wanted to make my final goal tangible... I'd have to say
http://www.cloudmover.net/images/illustrationillos/interiorillos/pictures/hellraiser.jpg
This link is the perfect example. The link is very work safe no red flags n_n

Current Piece: Progress

User Image

My input:
This is actually the first time i've seriously done a drawing in MSpaint. My lack of experience is very obvious, but please do not go easy on me. i want critical advice and critiques as they will help me grow the most.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:11 pm
Post 2:

Finished / Archived works.  

Uncle Touchy

Elixias

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:12 pm

I'm really surprised to see someone using MSPaint (but in no way is it a bad program). Good use of colour and fine lines to define shaded areas, and overall construction is good. (I like the twisted font spelling out his name on bottom right smile )

Not sure what style you're aiming for (the end product) - so it's a little bit hard to critique cause not very sure if the features are intentional. Hair is a bit too long though, that makes him slightly more female looking.

Maybe you can give a little description about your WIP, and how you want it to turn out to be like so we can help you along smile

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:45 pm
It obviously seems to be very stylized, so for any good critique, it'd be nice if you could try something for us...

Could you try doing a average human girl/boy? To get your art looking its best I like to try and master the basics then build my way up.

Of course, there's nothing wrong with what you're doing. I certainly like it. It's very unique and well-colored for the limited tools of MS Paint.

fluffy shem

Sketchbooks [Get crits here! Open to everyone]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff