Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
Asians with Tattoos? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vucci

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:38 am
Do you like the look of tattoos on men? or are they a big turn-off?

I want to get a tattoo of a white lotus on one of my shoulders. Not sure yet. Any suggestions for a different body part that you might think will look better, or other suggestions, I will totally appreciate it!

I want to get a white lotus to express my identity.
I have in my life time, and will continue to, strive through many hard difficulties, but I will do my best, to show my best part to the outside world, no matter how bad the circumstances will be.
This is understood as being just like the lotus flower, bringing beauty and light from the murky darkness at the bottom of the pond.

I wanted to hear from a female perspective to help narrow my decision down. Getting a tattoo is a big decision, because its permanent on your body! so every comment helps!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:40 am
I'm not a female nor do I really think you should get a tattoo unless you really do it for yourself. If I get a tattoo, I wouldn't care what anyone says, 'cause it's ink on my body, and the choice itself represents me.

If I want to get a tramp stamp so be it! Haha. I would, only if I'm a big rock star or rich and famous. I'll probably a semi-crazy rich and famous guy.

I know one tattoo I'd like on me. The names of my children on my chest if/when I have them. biggrin  

Euphoric Ghost

Kawaii Cub

o-re-sa-ma_Elegance

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:30 am
I don't find it to be a turn off.

But it does have to be tasteful. Not some random crap a guy decided was "cool". And the fact that yours has a meaning to it is pretty awesome.

I say, go for it!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:55 pm
i have a tattoo on my arm of the Maryland Terrapin cause im a huge fan of Maryland college sports. (yes i live in maryland)  

BeiZhiMing

Jhi-Jhi
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:13 pm
I agree with o-re-sa-ma .
It has to be a tasteful tattoo&something that you want for yourself . You shouldn't have to ask others if it would be okei . As long as it's something you want&you're sure you won't regret it then get it :3
I'm getting a tattoo of the sun&star from the Philippines flag on my shoulder ;D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:28 pm
Rare seeing some. if they do it going to be small i saw a lady (22-24) Had a tattoo on her lower back (above the butt in encase u thinking there).
Point was that is rare seeing a tattoo on an asian person you should do it!  

Reshoku

Kakashi272

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:04 pm
No, I don't think they're a turn off all the time, but it really depends.
Small ones...the lotus one you've been thinking of sounds pretty good.
I don't like the huge ones..that would be a turn off.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:42 pm
The thing about tattoos that they are permanant. They never come off. Remember that.

So lets say you got the tattoo on your shoulder of a lotus flower.

Probably when you grow older, you'll get sick of the tattoo eventually, right?

Then what? confused

&& Trust me, a lot people get sick of their tattoos. They want it off but cant..

~~

Other than that, if you really want that lotus on your shoulder. Go for it :]

+ They aren't a turn off to me. Unless they're covered all over their body then yes ... You cant see their pure skin.

DancingCherryBerry

o-re-sa-ma_Elegance

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:50 pm
DancingCherryBerry
The thing about tattoos that they are permanant. They never come off. Remember that.

So lets say you got the tattoo on your shoulder of a lotus flower.

Probably when you grow older, you'll get sick of the tattoo eventually, right?

Then what? confused

&& Trust me, a lot people get sick of their tattoos. They want it off but cant..

~~

Other than that, if you really want that lotus on your shoulder. Go for it :]

+ They aren't a turn off to me. Unless they're covered all over their body then yes ... You cant see their pure skin.

Yeah, I also hate when people have billions of tattoos on their skin.
What Vu Dang wants to do is tasteful. [IMO anyways]  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:38 pm
If I was rich, I'd have one poem cover my whole body in huge letters  

Euphoric Ghost

Kawaii Cub

Reshoku

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:04 pm
Euphoric Ghost
If I was rich, I'd have one poem cover my whole body in huge letters

no matter how much money i have i'd never do that  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:35 pm
Rofl, a peom on your body? That's new. wink
And getting a tattoo on your body isn't a turn off, I have friends (but they're not completely asian) and they have like a couple tattoos on their arms.
And yea I agree with DancingCherryBerry, tattoos that cover your whole body are disgusting. Sometimes it looks okay, but usually it looks really gross...
So Vu Dang? Go for the tattoo! 3nodding  

Xx-Tinaa-xX

Eli_dude2

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 5:03 pm
i was plannin to make my tits look like flowers with tattoos but now it doesnt seem so hot redface  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:54 pm
If I was rich, I wouldn't care what people would say about my tattoo anymore 'cause I'd be rich. Boo yah. lol.

A poem because I'm a poet, and I like writing. biggrin  

Euphoric Ghost

Kawaii Cub

Kyros_DeLove

6,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:08 pm
A white lotus on your shoulder, that's a cool tat. Tattoos aren't that much of a turn-off. It depends on amount and design to me. I like how you'd go for a tat that would express yourself and who you are. wink Good choice with the lotus. My bro got a pink lotus on his shoulder, too. I can't think of any other places to put something like that.

Unless you wanna put it on your back or something..  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff