Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Fiction Subforum
The Last Drop of Our Sons (recently updated)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Main charcter a pysker?
  yes
  no
  don't care
View Results

Farir Darkheart

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:17 pm
Parts to be released as soon as I can find the rest. For those of you who like it I apologize for the scatter-brainedness. But lot's of publishing work for my real book.

The trials were hard as they always had been. Charred corpses littered the ground where volcanic spurt had done them in. Some had been left on the ground with fatal cuts that would soon join those who had died to become the greatest warrior’s of the Emperor, Space Marines. The trails had started with five hundred and now only a handful was left. Boys barely past their twelve summers of life. Fourteen in all who would go through the final process of becoming Marines. Still more would die during that process and Captain Maelrck knew that this batch would have more then the others because they had survived his trails. His were the harshest for his company’s job was the most important of his chapter. The defense of the home world Maelrom, home to their chapter the knights of the wolf. “Sons of Maelrom you have passed our trails. Now board the Thunderhawk to your left so you may begin the next part of your journey.” The boys obeyed without question all but one. “You, boy, your name!” Maelrck demanded. “Coran Sir.” The boy responded. Maelrck searched the boy’s mind for his reasons to disobey him. “It is single combat you seek with me?” Maelrck said lightly. “You have not the strength or power to overcome me! But I will accept your challenge if you complete your journey.” Coran smiled and ran to the Thunderhawk. The other boys mocking him for thinking he could take on Maelrck. The captain entered the hawk and looked at the boys. One stared at the ground and Maelrck tossed him his bolt pistol. “Coran has set an example for you all. If I should ever become tainted or betray our Emperor you take my firearm and aim true.” The boy flinched away from the weapon and its incredible power. Coran took up the weapon and aimed it for where Maelrck pair of hearts were. “You have my guarantee Sir.” Coran replied with a grim smile on his face. Maelrck barely moved and the pistol was back in his hands then secured at his side. “Pilot to Wolf’s peak.” The captain said into the vox. The Thunderhawk hatch door closed and the rose into the air ascending to the place of his chapter’s birth.
The Last Drop of Our Sons
By Farir Darkheart

Fourteen had gone into the final trial to become Space Marines. Eleven had come out as he had predicted more then any of the other company’s batches. As promised Coran had made it out and challenged Maelrck. Maelrck had accepted as agreed and both met in the training chapel. Most of the chapter had gathered to watch the match. Maelrck had allowed the boy to choose to fight as a squad or alone. Coran had chosen to fight with his squad. The boy is smart advantage of numbers can counteract experience. Maelrck had chosen the same but had only chosen to fight alongside his sergeant. It was as large broken down building terrain they had chosen as their battle ground. The hail speakers in the chapel announced the fight. “Three teams go in with practice rounds and full gear.” Three teams who would dare impose on a formal challenge! Some no rank scout trying to prove his mettle no doubt. I shall show them the error of their ways.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:24 pm
I'm not sure where to start, but if you want to publish that you should not post it here, but instead send it to black library.

Secondly: your sentences need some proper punctuation aaaaaaand structure. Right now it's just a garbled mess not making any sense. gonk  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Farir Darkheart

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:57 pm
No no I'm not publishing this. No way in h...I mean there is just no way I would publish this. I wrote this story in my spare time. I've got something else being published at the current time. But Publisher is cheap and trying to steal my money from me.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:44 am
I'd like to see this book that you are publishing ninja  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Blood Raven777

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:02 pm
that is a great read, it's better than mine, what chapter do you play in the wargames  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 3:37 pm
I normally shift between Blood Angels Ultramarines and Greyknights. And Miss part of it is sitting out in my journal.  

Farir Darkheart

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:33 am
Your journal is locked up and for friends only..  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:32 pm
Ahh sorry let me fix that for you.  

Farir Darkheart

Blood Raven777

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:00 pm
Farir Darkheart
I normally shift between Blood Angels Ultramarines and Greyknights. And Miss part of it is sitting out in my journal.

i am a smurf player, i have my own space marines called Sons of Odin  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:33 pm
Cool but I find it hard to play self made chapters.  

Farir Darkheart

Blood Raven777

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:39 pm
i don't mind it, could you try reading the story i am working on, i know it sounds a little silly but it is work in progress  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:56 pm
Sure you have a drawf army right?  

Farir Darkheart

Blood Raven777

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:53 pm
yeah but its only a battlion strenght, 26 warriors, 16 thunderers, 1 dwarf lord, 1 champion, 1 deamonslayer, 1 cannon crew, 1 cannon, 1 orgun gun, thats my force  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:01 pm

How'sabout you guys stay on topic, or take your discussion of Fantasy off to that particular subforum.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Fiction Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces