Reply The Music Artists Guild
Talentless singers Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

enchantress of lightning

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:35 pm

Ok, so I really don't like the overly synthesised pop music they play to on the radio. If the person can't sing don't give them a singing job, it's that simple! Give the job to someone who can sing and get some music that is actually sung by a human with talent instead generated by a computer to cover up the horrible voice underneath! I thinks it's horrible that they give record deals to people who don't have the talent instead of people who are out there with way more talent. Anyway, does this bug anyone else out there, or am I the only one who has stopped listening to the radio because most of what you find is songs with no meaning sung by people with no talent. Oh and who do you think is one of these talentless people.

Sorry if this sounds mean  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:50 pm
it seems as though some hitch a ride for the money, fewer actually have talent and even fewer still put feeling into what they play.

"money beats soul every time." ~Jim Morrison  

Space_Monkee

Jophish

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:47 pm
I definitely agree, it really ticks me off that some talentless people can just go on up and get a career in music like that- when they have absolutely no talent. There are plenty of other more talented musicians who play (in my opinion) much better music. I mean, some of my teachers tell me that I'm just as good as some musicians in profesional bands. So why do the horrible singers get record deals instead of one of us, who can do a much better job? It's because either they're famous, or have good looks, etc. For example: (Don't get mad at me!) The Jonas (*Shudders*) Brothers, or Hannah Montana.... In my opinion, both their music is terrible, but almost every girl I know is obsessed with them. And the Jonas Brothers getting their own movie? There are much, much better bands out there, and they don't get movies. Do you see what I'm getting at? Oh well. I'm getting a little off topic. xp ANYWAYS... I totally agree. Iv'e also stopped listening to the radio.

----------------
Now playing: Celldweller - Switchback
via FoxyTunes  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 12:05 pm
enchantress of lightning

Ok, so I really don't like the overly synthesised pop music they play to on the radio. If the person can't sing don't give them a singing job, it's that simple! Give the job to someone who can sing and get some music that is actually sung by a human with talent instead generated by a computer to cover up the horrible voice underneath! I thinks it's horrible that they give record deals to people who don't have the talent instead of people who are out there with way more talent. Anyway, does this bug anyone else out there, or am I the only one who has stopped listening to the radio because most of what you find is songs with no meaning sung by people with no talent. Oh and who do you think is one of these talentless people.

Sorry if this sounds mean

AMEN AMEN AND AMEN 3nodding heh..I gave up on radio a long time ago... I also gave up on hope for the music industry in general...
there ARE good voices out there...they're just harder to find these days... and the common street musician sounds much better than the girl on TV... its up to us commoners to keep quality alive it seems...

I think technology made things so much easier in ways...it made us lazy...and so the people who work in the music industry have become lazy...and they no longer care for searching for talent...as long as they can alter reality and live a lie...they're fine...

ninja Our time shall come ninja

whose up for a new musical revolution????
seriously...the gaia group who made musical history...and 100 years from now...Elvis will be forgoten and replaced with our names...  

user_n_a_m_e

Optimistic Semi-Goth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:17 pm
YES.

I agree with everything said in this thread.

Seriously, there are also some other musicians (Other than the Jonas Brothers or Hannah Montana... ew!) who could be so good if they put a bit of true emotion into their words... or started writing a bit better. Seriously, I hear a lot of people who are just mumbling, zombielike and emotionlessly, into a microphone. The words are kind of... well, I hate to sound vain, but I've written better songs. DX And... that's like a really bad insult. Because I think really lowly of myself.

Also, now, a question about Hannah Montana. If Miley Cyrus is Miley Cyrus and Hannah Montana is Miley Cyrus... Question mark?
I have to say it takes some guts to make yourself seem lke you have a split personality.
Disclaimer: I'm not into the girl's music, that was actually a sarcastic statement. XD  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 11:55 pm
Honestly!
Is there really not enough people who looks JUST as good as a pop star needs to be, AND has talent??!
*sigh*
It's so upsetting at times... Because there are so many people who look good enough, and STILL, no one wants to take a chance on selling them.
Absolutely GORGEOUS and TALENTED PEOPLE!!
Who even have amassed a nice following.
What is it that makes them un-pop worthy?
It can't even be that they're uncharismatic...
I would really like to know what the determining factor for the companies are...
I really don't see, how some of these people WOULDN'T sell.
Taking chances has moved music along so much in the past, why is it that this seems to be more discouraged than ever now...  

Kuramasan

Winged Star

21,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Winged 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

enchantress of lightning

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:32 pm
user_n_a_m_e
[
AMEN AMEN AND AMEN 3nodding heh..I gave up on radio a long time ago... I also gave up on hope for the music industry in general...
there ARE good voices out there...they're just harder to find these days... and the common street musician sounds much better than the girl on TV... its up to us commoners to keep quality alive it seems...

I think technology made things so much easier in ways...it made us lazy...and so the people who work in the music industry have become lazy...and they no longer care for searching for talent...as long as they can alter reality and live a lie...they're fine...

seriously...the gaia group who made musical history...and 100 years from now...Elvis will be forgoten and replaced with our names...

I'm definetly up for that! Get rid of all the crappy music that is hogging the air waves and replace it with music that has feeling, emotion, and is performed by people who have real talent! I don't want to hear Britney Speares tell me about a wamanizer, I don't care if Katey Perry kissed a girl and liked it, and I definetly don't care if the Jonas Brothers are burning up. I would rather listen to feedback than willingly listen to Hanna Montana, the Jonas Brothers, or alot of the other junk that's on the radio now.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:12 pm
enchantress of lightning
user_n_a_m_e
[

I'm definetly up for that! Get rid of all the crappy music that is hogging the air waves and replace it with music that has feeling, emotion, and is performed by people who have real talent! I don't want to hear Britney Speares tell me about a wamanizer, I don't care if Katey Perry kissed a girl and liked it, and I definetly don't care if the Jonas Brothers are burning up. I would rather listen to feedback than willingly listen to Hanna Montana, the Jonas Brothers, or alot of the other junk that's on the radio now.

We need to bring back the good music from the '60s and '70s. THAT is real music: Zeppelin (true rock), Cream (artistic), Elton John (meaningful music). Nowadays we have Avril Lavigne and her girlfriend songs and Death Metal without any rhythm or tune whatsoever. Its pathetic.  

This Fox Is Red

x healing rain x

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:52 pm
i know what you mean. my dad put some songs in my new mp3 when i first got it, to kind of test it out. he said that i could delete them by all means when i wanted.

i did....

at least three of them were by this guy who... stressed ugh. his voice isnt very...

eugh.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:56 pm
There's an occasional good tune on the radio, you just have to wait through a whole bunch of crap to hear it. With all the Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance clones out there you rarely hear good music anymore. That's not to say underground bands are any better (take a look at Brokencyde, the latest craze...ugh).

Older music, though influential, I find to be rather boring as well. Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin tend to put me to sleep more times than not. I honestly prefer a good symphonic metal band over all, and at any given moment I'm probably listening to Nightwish or a similar band. I'm a sucker for a great orchestral sound.

But I digress...if you want to hear another crappy emo/scene/whatever band, then the radio is for you. If you want good music, search for it...and don't just look for old music as alot of people tend to say. New music tends to be alot better, you just have to search deeper for it.  

ElendarIlikessa

enchantress of lightning

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 4:12 pm
Yes there definetly is still good music out there. The problem I have is the fact that most of the songs you hear are meaningless and overly synthesised. I have found new songs that I like but mainly I can't listen to the radio at all. People have gotten lazy, they won't look for the real talent when they can just take a person who can't sing and tweak their voice until it sounds good.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 6:22 am
there's more to making a good song than just having a good voice.

some of those people who can't sing might have great ideas for making songs. it's just a pity they want to sing their songs themselves.
just to mention: i admire those who are great songwriters above great singers. there are more good singers in the world than good songwriters.  

Missii_ x ingah

enchantress of lightning

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:47 pm
Good writers are definetly important....that's part of my frustration at the radio. Alot of the songs right now have meaningless lyrics, i can handle w song which has a not that amazing sing and great lyrics. I prefer that to songs sung by great singers with terrible lyrics. However great singers shouldn't be seen being easy to come by. Yes many people have beautiful voices without effort however the real great singers are the ones who work hard learning the vocal technique. Maybe i'm just weird i don't know...i see greatness to singers and writers.....  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:25 pm
Give me some examples... mention some singers, bands, or songs.  

~Spirit of Dragons~

The Music Artists Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces