Reply Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}
Morning Coffee With God

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

No Longer With Us Srsly

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 6:59 am
Hello to all who come and explore this thread. I would just like to welcome you and say 'Good Morning'.

I am a relatively new member to this Guild, but have an idea. And this idea would be that I post something directly from the Bible, any part, and have you reflect on it.

Now I know 1AM Musings is occupying, but this is goin' to turn into a daily thing. A new excerpt ev'ry mornin'.
(I will be posting out of a New International Bible excerpts, just a quick FYI.)

1 Corinthians 12:12-31 (New International Version)

12The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ. 13For we were all baptized by[a] one Spirit into one body—whether Jews or Greeks, slave or free—and we were all given the one Spirit to drink.

14Now the body is not made up of one part but of many. 15If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. 16And if the ear should say, "Because I am not an eye, I do not belong to the body," it would not for that reason cease to be part of the body. 17If the whole body were an eye, where would the sense of hearing be? If the whole body were an ear, where would the sense of smell be? 18But in fact God has arranged the parts in the body, every one of them, just as he wanted them to be. 19If they were all one part, where would the body be? 20As it is, there are many parts, but one body.

21The eye cannot say to the hand, "I don't need you!" And the head cannot say to the feet, "I don't need you!" 22On the contrary, those parts of the body that seem to be weaker are indispensable, 23and the parts that we think are less honorable we treat with special honor. And the parts that are unpresentable are treated with special modesty, 24while our presentable parts need no special treatment. But God has combined the members of the body and has given greater honor to the parts that lacked it, 25so that there should be no division in the body, but that its parts should have equal concern for each other. 26If one part suffers, every part suffers with it; if one part is honored, every part rejoices with it.

27Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it. 28And in the church God has appointed first of all apostles, second prophets, third teachers, then workers of miracles, also those having gifts of healing, those able to help others, those with gifts of administration, and those speaking in different kinds of tongues. 29Are all apostles? Are all prophets? Are all teachers? Do all work miracles? 30Do all have gifts of healing? Do all speak in tongues? Do all interpret? 31But eagerly desire[c] the greater gifts.
And now I will show you the most excellent way.

My Take - To me, this means that even though we all serve different purposes, we are making this world go around. We make our own lives, and others lives can be affected by that. Unity, is something we as a global community we are lacking in the world today. Unity, many parts working together as one, to make a better life for all the parts. As a case of fact, look at this guild. We are from all over, just goin' on our own way, but as soon as we get on here, we affect other parts on this guild.
Your Take - I don't know, you haven't posted it yet!

And last thing, please be brutally honest, if you do not like my excerpts say so, or would like me to touch on one of your personal issues, please feel free to PM me. I will always be available. To anyone for anything.
So thank you for stopping by. And no, not all of these things will be this long to read. wink

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:09 pm
This is a great idea! If you want, you should post it in the Bible discussion subforum. 3nodding I can move this thread myself, if you want.  

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

No Longer With Us Srsly

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:57 pm
Sorry for my absence the past few days... I've had a very busy week already. sweatdrop

But, from here on out, startin' tomorrow mornin', hopefully, I'll start postin' new excerpts. Thanks!

Oh, and let's give thanks to Fushigi na Butterfly for movin' this thread. Thanks Fushigi.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:09 am
Today I come with a sayin', not an excerpt. I know, screwball pitch, but hey, come on. wink

Joy, a simple three letter word, right? No, not to many. What does it really mean? What does it really mean when someone says, "Live for JOY!"

J-Jesus First O- Others Second Y- Yourself Last.

Our pastor told us this Sunday, and before that day, I had no idea that this was out there. It's kind of funny, though, that I have been livin' like that your years, except without Jesus. I gave up so much for my mom, since her and my dad have separated. I gave up almost all of my material things, anythin' that would sell for even the smallest amount of money. And I didn't even think about it. But I was still was without Jesus, and my life reflected this fact. I was still unhappy with a steep downward spiral effect vortexin' my life.
But then I started to go to church, and accepted Him. And now, for some reason, things have started to change. I'm startin' to feel less selfish and less self glorious. Because in truth that was why I was givin' stuff away; for self glory. But He guided me away from that.

What does JOY mean to you? Do you have any stories you would like to share?  

No Longer With Us Srsly

No Longer With Us Srsly

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:45 am
Good mornin' to all y'all again!
Quick blurb of the day: Please do not be afraid to give me any feedback; good or bad, how to improve, etc. Now to what you were waitin' for.

Over the past almost week now, I have been touchin' on unity, and livin' for JOY. Today I come to you with His message of maturin', not only in age, but in spirituality and understandin'.

This excerpt comes from Ephesians 4:11-16.

11It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, 12to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

14Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming. 15Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the Head, that is, Christ.

MyTake - To me, this is one of the truer meanings of coming to Christ. Why, you may ask? Because He appoints us to do certain work. He makes a road, and we make the decisions to grow or stay as infants, and be jolted by life.
There is a thing I like to say. That is that life and destiny ride hand in hand. I use an example of a highway, with three or more exits with separate destinations as a meanin' for Christ's plan for us. He gave us choice, and we choose which exit we will take. But we always are on a path He appointed when he made us, and gave us life.
We can be lead down the first exit, the road that leads to Him. Or we could take the second exit, that leads us to the deceit, cunning, and craftiness of the world. It is our choice which road to take. He tests us with this knowledge, and with it we make the choice to mature in our faith, or stay as infants in this world until we meet our maker.

What does this mean to you?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:04 am
Seriously, no one? Not one mere feedback of a post to say somethin'?  

No Longer With Us Srsly

Edith Puthie

Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:07 am
Good Morning! Tehe, I like this idea. smile

Jesus tells us to come to him like a child, because he knows we cannot come as adults. We cant come with the like minds of adults, we doubt, or we question everything we read(the bad way). With our minds like adults, we think we know everything and dont need to read the bible.
With the minds of children we can ask the good questions, we read to understand more, and we grow in faith. Thats what the verse is talking about to me. That instead of trying to be an adult in Christ, I need to be a child in Christ so I can grow into a Christ loving Adult. smile

Can't wait to hear more of these.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:28 pm
I wanted to say how much I enjoyed your comments on JOY. Jesus first Others second Yourself last is just an awesome way to think of JOY!!! This is also my philosophy in life and has been for awhile. People wonder why I seem happy all the time or question why I smile so much even when things are not going the way I think they should and I just have to answer it is not me but the God in me! With him I know all things are possible (Phil. 3:14) and that no weapon formed against me shall prosper (Isaiah 54:17a) so even though I may be going through something it is going to be alright. My true goal in life is to be Christlike (1Peter 2:1).  

PandaGuh4ev

6,300 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Befriended 100

PandaGuh4ev

6,300 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 9:41 pm
I think that Ephesians 4:11-16 means that we should be come united as one body in Christ with the different gifts God has given us (verses 4-7 talks of this more indepth). These gifts should be used to glorify Him. We should be unified in our faith, and our knowledge of the Son of God. In v.14 he talks of us no longer being children- I believe this is becuase as children we are naive and tend to believe anything but as we get older we can stand on the word of God and be steadfast in our faith. The ultimate goal is to be joint together in the word as one christian body. But only by speaking the truth with/in love can we win unbelievers to the Lord. smile This was a wonderful passage I trrruly enjoyed reading and talking about it!!!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:15 pm
Hmmm... looks like no one has posted in this thread for sometime. The creator of this thread had a cool idea so I might piggyback on this idea. If it is alright I will share alittle bit on this thread (unless I get moved because I did read the response given by Fushigi na Butterfly) so anyways I think a good place to start is Matthew 6:25-34 NKJV -

Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature? So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

This passage has really inspired me and helped me through many of the waves of trouble that tried to overthrow me. This is part of Jesus's famous "sermon on the mount." Here Jesus is basically saying that we shouldn't worry about our lives. God is in control, we should seek to serve Him rather than worrying about the world, for as it says in 1 John 2:17 NIV - "The world and its desires pass away, but the man who does the will of God lives forever." If God provides for even the smaller details such as grass or birds then how much more will God provide for us. I think it is important to meditate on how much God loves you and how much God cares for you. Some other good passages to also look at are in my mind: Jeremiah 1:5, Jeremiah 29:11, and Psalm 91  

Yelimi Kughdi

Bible Discussion {Get in the Word}

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff