The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Revlin's Space Marine and Tau Collab Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alright! Apothecary and Veteran w/ Plasma Gun it is!
  *Pollwhore*
  *Pollwhore*
  *Pollwhore*
  *Pollwhore*
  *Pollwhore*
View Results

RevlinHeartsblood

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:24 am
Hey, so instead of creating two separate threads, which would probably break T.O.S or such somewhere, I decided I'd mash my Space Marines and Tau together. But dont worry, I'll make a very apparent separation, so it shouldnt be confusing at all...
Soooo I'll start off with my Marines, since i got more interesting pics.

!NOTICE!
I'm aware some pictures are hosted by Photobucket, while others are on my DA page. If you open a link that takes you to my DA page, please remember to enlarge the image by clicking on it. The picture will look ALOT better.

Space Marines
I am currently working on my command squad, i got the box and im goin through them all, currently im on the err... sword and shield guy lol... ill post updates when i can... but for now, heres my list of completed units, etc:

Here are my basic, bolter equipped units.
[[Wow, i actually dont have any pics of them yet O_O]]

And heres my Captain/Master dude:
[1] [2] [3]

Now a Flamer:
[1] [2]

Woo Assault Squad... I havent got the squad fully assembled yet, but this is the jist of what they all look like smile :
[1] [2]

Now, the tanks!!! So far all i got is the Rhino sad :
[1] [2] [3] [4] [[I know the mud job is horrid, ive gotten alot better since i did that, and ive been thinkin of redoing it XD]]  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:24 am
TAU

I wanna point one thing out first, i am aware that my Fire Warriors have a very bad paint job. I paint them very shoddily deliberately. They are fairly weak units, and i wanted an army that i can just buy, prime, throw some paint on, and play, unlike my marines. SO. Long story short, i chose to paint them sloppily.

XV88 Broadside:
[1](my personal favorite)[2][3]

XV8 'Crisis' Battlesuit:
[1](i like the camera angle of this one)[2]

XV25 Stealthsuit:
[1]

Fire Warrior Shas'Ui:
[1]

Fire Warrior Shas'La:
[1][2]

Kroot:
[1] [2] [3] [x] I liked this one picture enough to give it a witty name, and its own link  

RevlinHeartsblood

Mr T Marine

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:56 pm
Not bad, your a beginner right?
Here's some tips:
1. Water your paint down, at leas 1:1 water to paint, makes it smoother and not as blotchy. I prefer to go to 2:1 for decently large areas.
2. Since the paint will be watered down, the paint beneath it will show through slightly, layer the watered down paint on, it makes your models look better.
3. Before you paint gold, paint a brown that is like the gold, then paint on the gold.
4. Get some citadel washes, and wash areas with appropriate colours to get shading, Use devlan mud on goldish areas, badab black for silverish metals.
5. Highlighting, highlight your models better, it all looks splotchy, no offense.
6. Don't paint metallics on cloaks, it doesn't look good. Since when have you seen a coat made of metal?
7. Make sure you go back and clean up the models better, trust me it looks good, even if its only a little spot on an area, clean it up, the cleaner it is, the better it looks.
8. make sure to use an ultra fine brush to paint details.

Follow my tips and your painting will look 10 times better, i promise.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 11:00 am
i'll comment yours if you comment mine (Rob's Ad.Mech Project Log)

tbh, i agree with all of the above, although i do hae a soft spot for rhinos, and the mud isnt too bad seeing as it is painted on. i prefer using a mix of sand and pva, then painting the resulting mix brown.  

Darkweaver66

6,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

RevlinHeartsblood

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:00 am
yup yup, i know what you guys are talking about, i AM a better painter than this.... those were just my first models.... i REALLY REALLY dont feel like going back and repainting them though.... BUT i am currently working on my command squad and i promise it will look sweet.... i could upload a pic of whats painted so far if yall want???  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:18 am
go for it!... and comment mine!  

Darkweaver66

6,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

RevlinHeartsblood

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 1:03 am
will do, gotta rummage for my camera, just moved

aaand, ill comment on yours for sure ^-^  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:37 pm
02/16/09
I uploaded a bunch of pictures here. Go nuts smile

Also, Shinobi, im pretty sure it was you who was challenging me to take a better picture of my Champion.
I present to you, "a better picture" (Remember to enlarge the image by clicking on it.)  

RevlinHeartsblood

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:35 am
It's less blurry I agree, but now it's more shady... ninja

But you managed to win the challange. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:27 pm
Shinobi_8745
It's less blurry I agree, but now it's more shady... ninja

But you managed to win the challange. mrgreen

gonk do you ever stop complaining?

lol
but yeah, i was trying to play with the light to my advantage. that was the best out of about 20-30 pictures  

RevlinHeartsblood

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:31 pm
A picture have 2 simple requirements to really be able to comment well on it.

1: It shouldn't be blurry, that makes it hard to make a real judgement on a model.

2: A good light source helps you bring out the miniature in the picture.

And no... I never stop complaining... I'm a grumpy ole' git ya kno'~  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:11 pm
lol, i had 3 lamps, and a tripod for the camera.
i kinda wanted the lighting to be like that for the one picture. ive got more pics of my champion in the first post  

RevlinHeartsblood

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:04 pm
I don't see why you'd vouluntairy would shade your models in pictures. confused  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:21 pm
lol
it was just that one smile  

RevlinHeartsblood

Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items