Reply Magical Mystery Tour: The Beatles Guild
RINGO STARR SETS A FAN MAIL DEADLINE

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mintahy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 5:01 pm

QUICK QUICK GUYS! Ringo Starr has announced in a (rather bizarre) video on his website that he will 'toss' any fan mail or objects that want to be signed after the post date of October 20th.

Here's an official article off Reuters:

"LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Former Beatles drummer Ringo Starr has told fans to stop sending letters and requests for autographs, saying mail will be thrown away after October 20 because he has too much to do.

Starr, 68, made the announcement in a video message titled "Sorry, No More Signing Stuff" posted on his official web site www.ringostarr.com.. Wearing sunglasses and flashing a peace sign, he says;

"I want to tell you after the 20th of October please do not send fan mail to any address you have. Nothing will be signed after the 20th of October. If that is the date on the envelope, it's gonna be tossed.

"I'm warning you with peace and love I have too much to do. So no more fan mail. Thank you, thank you. And no objects to be signed. Nothing."

He said; "This is a serious message to everybody watching my update right now. Peace and love. Peace and love."

Starr, who with fellow Beatles Paul McCartney and the late John Lennon and George Harrison, comes from Liverpool, England now has homes in Los Angeles and France.

Starr has released more than 12 albums since The Beatles broke up in 1970, the most recent of which was "Liverpool 8" in January 2008.

(Reporting by Jill Serjeant)
"

http://www.reuters.com/article/musicNews/idUSTRE49C6Z020081013

So this is basically the last week to send him mail in hopes of getting something signed! I'm thinking about sending him a postcard of The Beatles or something tomorrow night, that way I'll barely make the deadline!

Go to RingoStarr.com to watch his announcement.
What does everyone think of it?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 2:28 pm
I sent him a letter. I'm so sad he's being this way. I'm sure it has a lot to do with greedy people wanting his autograph to sell on ebay and other things. Grr. People. I hate them.  

Beccaecka
Crew

600 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Magical Mystery Tour: The Beatles Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items