Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:01 pm
"Brothers! To the fore!" Veteran sergeant Ranik of the Silver Talons 1st company yelled. He smashed aside several weak Chaos cultists in his huge terminator armor, feeling ribs snap and bones crack. "Purge these scum!" He roared into the vox, Captain Menian could be heard a dozen meters away, obliterating cultists with his almighty power mace. Ranik checked his vox reports, every one still alive, Chaos casualties high. He sidestepped a crude bladed staff and smashed his storm bolter into the wielders face, breaking its neck instantly. There, among the horde of gibbering cultists, he saw the Champion. The hundred still stood.

"There brothers, charge!" He cried through the comm and power flooded his body, primal hate for the very creatures that had nearly destroyed the Imperium. A Chaos Champion, wreathed in flame and glowing with power, stood only twenty or so meters from the terminator sergeant. Ranik sprayed several inferno bolts towards the twisted marine, but the flames melted the holy rounds before they hit the thing. Still one hundred stood.

Ranik charged through the horde, knocking weak men out of his way, sending them sprawling. "Spawn of filth!" He roared at the Champion, finally attracting the putrid creatures attention, the once man's face was twisted with power and contorted with pain. "You will meet your end here." The terminator challenged, swinging his blessed sword in his hand. "Lap-dog of the Emperor, you know not who you face." It slurred, the marines black armor seemed to change and move under Raniks gaze. "I do not know who I face, or want to. All I wish to do is rip your twisted head from your corrupted body." Ranik retorted, stepping forward as a circle seemed to grow around them, pushing every body away from the pair. Captain Menian and Librarian Delisno were watching the duel and fighting their own battles at the same time. The one hundred still stood.

Ranik surged forward, bringing his burning blade upwards towards the traitors hip, only to clash with the tormented metal of a twisted lightning claw. The two powerful energies held for a moment more before the combatants broke and span to face one another, this time, the Champion feinted quickly left, then feinted right, going in from below. Ranik just managed to deflect the well thought out blow but his balance was off, allowing the traitor to follow with a kick to the face, one which sent the sergeant spinning off his feet and into the hard concrete, fracturing the rock. In a instant, the black marine was on him, stabbing downwards towards the Silver Talons chest, Ranik pushed the blow away, only to get stabbed through the stomach by a long daemon dagger. He growled deeply and managed to thrust his head up, smashing into the Champions nose and making blood spurt from the broken bone. "Filth of the Emperor!" It shrieked and its face contorted into a leering daemons skull, stunning Ranik for a second, that second cost him his life. The Chaos Space Marines lightning claw was already stuck in the Talons upper chest, destroying his two hearts and three lungs. "My thanks, Ranik." The creature said into the sergeants ear with a dark grin after. He pulled his claw from the dead marines chest, letting the silver coated terminator armored man drop to the floor, coated in blood. "Victory, is, mine!" A voice roared, a eruption of blood covered the room. Only ninety nine were standing.

The mighty avatar of Khorne, a incredible Blood Thirster of the Blood God, stood exactly where the Champion had been, the body of the marine no longer there. "I. Am. Free!" It cried in a booming voice, rearing its ugly, canine shaped skull into the air, tasting the blood. Its arcane armor started to sizzle and blue energy surged across it, lighting it up. The greater daemon looked over to a silver Librarian, who was muttering strange words, blue energy crackling at his finger tips. The daemon laughed evilly and threw his whip out at the psyker, the burning whip cut straight through the space marines armor, killing the Librarian instantly. It surveyed the blood covered Imperial palace grounds, grinning horribly to itself. The daemon let out another sharp roar and a loud screeching sound could be heard of the intense white and purple light. Blood letters, foot soldiers of Khorne, accompanied by several huge and looming heralds on juggernauts, yelling gleefully at the prospect of a good battle. "Kill!" The Blood Thirster decreed and the daemons bounded forward, carving into the terminators with their Hellblades, slicing through the ancient armor like it was paper, ripping the heads from the marines bodies and throwing them into the large warp rift above their heads, ever spewing daemons of Khorne. Only forty were standing.

Captain Menian parried a warp blade, smashing the wielder across the stomach with his mace, knocking it back a few paces. But a Herald of Khorne would not die so easily, the huge blood crazed juggernaut bounded forward, slashing the captain down the chest, ripping open the artificer armor before the marine could block, Menian responded with a sharp smash along the daemon beasts head, killing it instantly. The herald flipped off, slashing its Hell blade down Menians back, drawing blood. "Blood for the Blood god!" It screamed and started to chop mercilessly forward, Menian only managing to deflect the blows. Finally, the mace, scorched and broken, split in half, letting the power inside drain away. The captain grinned darkly as the Blood letter stopped attacking to screech at its victory, only to be cut short as Menian plunged the broken but sharp end into the daemons chest, going up into the things head. Killing it. Menian, his vision going white, fell to the ground, defeated. The last thing he saw was the mighty Blood Thirster smashing open the holy and venerable Dreadnought of Chaplain Doromir and pluck the ruined remains of the champion out, devouring the weak and frail body whole. None were left standing.

So, what you think?
Constructive comments please, not rants about how s**t it is, etc.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:28 am
The chatter in the third paragraph is really over the top and typical marine banter. You could as well throw in one of those 'by the emperor you will die at my hand' speeches followed by a tirade about the dark gods being bigger and badder.

The one hundred terminators dying so easily seems wrong, even when facing daemons they should be able to hold their own to some degree. Unless background has been changed drastically in the last few years confused  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:21 am
Well, I forgot to number the blood letters.
There appearing in their hundreds, I know I'm being a bit silly by comparing their stats N that, but the blood letters are quite a lot stronger.
I agree I made the termies drop a bit fast, but with hundreds of blood hungry daemons streaming from a warp tear and several heralds charging into the ranks.
I meant the large battle of termies vs daemons to take about 30 min or so, I think I played it out a little fast to be honest.
Well, its my like... first story about daemons though.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:48 am
Is there one hundred terminator suits to be lost?

Nice story anyway,
The banter in the 3rd paragraph is a bit over the top mayhap.  

Glorious Leader Luna

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:41 am
Texinadawolf
Is there one hundred terminator suits to be lost?

Nice story anyway,
The banter in the 3rd paragraph is a bit over the top mayhap.

Seems it, in the old Chaos Marine codex it says of a chaos primarch (I cant remember which one) and only a handful of his best warriors killing the whole 1st company and Chapter Master of the Howling Griffins chapter.
Yea, I think I over did the chatter a bit there. pirate  
Fiction Subforum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff