Parental Influence Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Veruniel
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:26 am
So, did your parents do anything to start you on the road to gothdom?

Because mine sure did. My mother, to be precise. She'd made a Little Bo Peep costume for Halloween one year and it included a giant stuffed spider made of black fabric with bright red eyes. When I was little she used to dangle it over my bed and I'm told I would giggle with glee. When I got a little older it became my favourite plush toy. And she made frilly dresses for me, some of which were black. I think I can trace my fascination with Lolitas back to kindergarten.

So, anyone else been 'corrupted' by gothy parents?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:45 am
I blame my parents for my spiral into gothdom. Any mother who let's you listen to Ozzy Osbourne and get's you fishnet shirts for Christmas when you're 5 has to have some part in that.

My dad would always wear all sorts of clothes that would be considered gothic when I was younger. Belted black trench coat, torn black jeans, stuff like that. Poor coat got lost when our old house flooded, but I wanted that thing so badly!

And let's not forget the year I entered middle school. I didn't own a single piece of "normal clothing". All fishnets and trench coats far as the eye can see.  

Bane Rie

Sayga Takaino

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:50 pm
Not at all, i got into goth rock and black clothes on my own... In fact my mom hates the fact i'm goth!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:52 pm
Bane Rieko
I blame my parents for my spiral into gothdom. Any mother who let's you listen to Ozzy Osbourne and get's you fishnet shirts for Christmas when you're 5 has to have some part in that.

My dad would always wear all sorts of clothes that would be considered gothic when I was younger. Belted black trench coat, torn black jeans, stuff like that. Poor coat got lost when our old house flooded, but I wanted that thing so badly!

And let's not forget the year I entered middle school. I didn't own a single piece of "normal clothing". All fishnets and trench coats far as the eye can see.

Your parents sound very cool. biggrin  

Veruniel
Crew

Bane Rie

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:22 pm
Veruniel
Bane Rieko

Your parents sound very cool. biggrin
They're awesome! My dad even got me my own set of Bike gear so I can ride his motorcycle with him.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:26 pm
If I ever end up with a kid someday, I'll be sure to set them down the path of darkness....... twisted

My parents encourage nothing. The best thing I could possibly do for them is become a Lutheran priest or be a lawyer. -_-  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Nikki the Juggalette

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:27 pm
Ha ha the worst music my mom would listen to would be led zepplin, she used to tell me stories of her teen days when she was a little trouble maker. OTher than that no, I was brought up in a picky church and made to wear dresses. I found the darkness myself wink
I'll sure help my kids become little gothlings if I have kids. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:10 pm
While they didn't, the possibility was there. My stepdad, as it turned-out, is a longtime Siouxsie and Specimen fan.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:30 pm
Bane Rieko

I would hope people could see more than fishnets and trench coats...  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:25 am
zz1000zz
Bane Rieko

*wolf whistles*

Kidding.... m(-_-)m  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Bane Rie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:39 pm
XWraith_LordX
zz1000zz
Bane Rieko

*wolf whistles*

Kidding.... m(-_-)m
Oh, very funny. I wore shirts and pants too!

But they tended to have those iron on skulls and spiderwebs.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:11 am
Why I do doubt that my parents had any choice or help in sending me into the gothic culture...but do not mis-understand as my view on what makes me goth has absolutely nothing to do with the colour black as most perceive gothicness to be about.
No I don't listen to heavy music such as ozzy, for I find his deliverance of music rather distasteful, I personally love bands that take up a female sing as I believe that only they can truly reach the epiphany that gothic music swoons upon me.
But as such to stay on topic, no my parents did not play any factor into my being...

~~xXEl3KtRaXx~~

5,700 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

AdrianaKitten

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:02 am
My father sort of did, though he'd never admit it. He was my anti-goth element as well. sweatdrop
Anyway he owned a lot of horror movies and odd books and he also enhanced my already strong love of Halloween by always making me and my sister opposite themed costumes.(Very very well made , I mihgt add)
My brother actually made the biggest impact and he doesn't even know it. he played a lot of Madonna which geatly influenced my tastes....Oh wow Madonna made me goth! surprised eek sweatdrop

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:16 pm
I think my Mom is someone who I can partially a credit to my alternative-ness. She's a true biker-b***h with tats and whatnot, and has always been supportive of whatever I want to do no matter what. It also helps that she enjoys listening to my music with me.  

Laharl Part Deux

L Kook

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:14 pm
My biological father did have a little bit of a hand in it, he use to show me horror films from the 80's since I was 3 and he use to listen to a lot of punk and alternative rock with me. Other than that I found and embraced it by myself.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff