Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RAWR!!!
  eeeek!!
  RAAAAAAAAAAAWWWRR!!!!!
View Results

Laid_black_rose

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:40 pm
I havent seen a post about this yet, and if their is..i'm terribly sorry..i can be blind at times.. sweatdrop So, whats your favorite Bible verse? You can have more than one.

Mine is:
Psalm 103:12 "As far as the East is from the West, so far He has removed our transgressions from us."

Rev. 21:4 "and He will wipe away every tear from their eyes; and there will no longer be any death; there will no longer be any mourning, or crying, or pain; the first things have passed away."  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:12 pm
Philippians 2:14-15: Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe

Psalms 59:16: But I will sing of your strength, in the morning I will sing of your love; for you are my fortress, my refuge in times of trouble.

John 14:27: Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.  

SavageDamsal

Ixor Firebadger

Tenacious Wife

32,075 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:29 pm
Pretty much all of 1 Corinthians 13. I heart love xd  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:13 pm
This is the message you have heard from the beginning- that we should love one another.
1 John 3:11

Finally, brothers, good-bye. Aim for perfection, listen to my appeal, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you.
2 Corinthians 13:11

Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
Hebrew 11:1

There's a few more but those are some of my favorites.

freelance lover
Crew

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 9:21 pm
Definitely any verse dealing with love.

Also, this belongs in the Bible discussion subforum. Reply to this, and I'll get it moved. 3nodding

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:53 am
My favourite verse is the loophole verse I'll quote to God to get me into heaven. lol  

Priestley

Knatalie9

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:00 pm
Romans 7:14-20

14We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[c] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

My youth pastor calls it the "do-do" verse. lol  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:41 pm
The classic John 3:16. :]
Philippians 4:13- I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.  

AvaJay

xxPromarkxx

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:34 pm
Psalm 139: 14
"You are fearfully and wonderfully made."  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:01 pm
Psalm 18:2

The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer. My God, my strength in whom I will trust. My buckler, and the horn of my salvation, and my high tower.
---

It has been of great encouragement to me in dark times.  

CrystalMind

Familiar Prophet

DOVE_SAVED_BY_GRACE

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:10 pm
I don't know the locations of these verses, but...

"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore, will not we fear."

"I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee."

"If God is with us, who can be against us?"

"If you confess with your mouth, Jesus is Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your mouth that you confess are are saved, and with your heart that you believe and are justified."

And, of course, John 3:16
"For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten Son, so that whoever believes in Him would not perish, but have eternal life."  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:20 am
Matthew 6
25) Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26)Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27) Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?
2 cool "And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29) Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30) If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31) So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32) For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33) But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34) Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

I am a huge worrier. I worry about everything. One day while I was worrying about my day, I opened my bible straight to this. It made me think, if the God ofthe Heavens, the one that rescude the Israelites, the one that brought Jesus, can do all those things in the bible, why do I not ask him for help?

Edith Puthie

Lunatic

Casanova Rodeo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:20 pm
Matthew 7:7-8

7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:17 pm
My favorite verses are John 3:16-17 For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. (17) For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved. heart ____ Now that is love!!!!  

PandaGuh4ev

6,300 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Befriended 100

ace bandage

6,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Team Edward 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:58 pm
User Image