Submit

Jusu Kilappa

Shirtless Sex Symbol

9,450 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:33 am
Ok. Approximately 2 weeks ago, on wednesday, when I was working at the Civil service training center away from home, my throat started to hurt and thus began my flu, which has been lasting till now. Entire last week I didn't have my normal bodytemperature, it always rolled about one degree Celsius above normal, and on wednesday morning last week and saturday evening, my fever jumped up two degrees, got very high. And finally today I went to a doctors appointment and I was diagnosed with a bronchitis. Well, now I have my antibiotics and I've started the cure schedule, one pill per day for 10 days.
I just wonder if it's the antibiotics that are affecting right now since I've gotten a fever temperature again and I feel pretty powerless. I'm kinda scared since I don't know whether these antibiotics are going to work or not confused (Of course I always get a little paranoid with illnesses I've never gone through before).
But if everybody says antibiotics work ALL the time, I guess it's true then. So, for about two weeks, it's been pretty much suffering, but I'm sure that one day I'll finally achieve victory... unless this turns into a terminal illness and kills me eek  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:07 am
I don't think anyone has ever died of bronchitis. As far as I know bronchitis is slime in your airways. Maybe in poor countries people died of it, but they even die on a simple cold  

Silly Pudding

~ Anime Betty ~
Captain

Dapper Vampire

2,300 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:27 am
Jusu85
Ok. Approximately 2 weeks ago, on wednesday, when I was working at the Civil service training center away from home, my throat started to hurt and thus began my flu, which has been lasting till now. Entire last week I didn't have my normal bodytemperature, it always rolled about one degree Celsius above normal, and on wednesday morning last week and saturday evening, my fever jumped up two degrees, got very high. And finally today I went to a doctors appointment and I was diagnosed with a bronchitis. Well, now I have my antibiotics and I've started the cure schedule, one pill per day for 10 days.
I just wonder if it's the antibiotics that are affecting right now since I've gotten a fever temperature again and I feel pretty powerless. I'm kinda scared since I don't know whether these antibiotics are going to work or not confused (Of course I always get a little paranoid with illnesses I've never gone through before).
But if everybody says antibiotics work ALL the time, I guess it's true then. So, for about two weeks, it's been pretty much suffering, but I'm sure that one day I'll finally achieve victory... unless this turns into a terminal illness and kills me eek
I've had bronchitus before. Do you smoke or breath in second hand smoke? My father used to smoke like a train around me and my Mom. And everytime I came down with a cold it would turn into bronchitus because of all the second hand smoke I was breathing in. Now that I have move out and it's been years since I was around a smoker. I don't get it anymore. I haven't had the flu in along time.

While you have this flu and bronchitus infection please take your prescription and follow the directions and keep up with it. Drink hot drinks like hot tea with lemon and honey. If you have a fever bundle up and becareful not to get any drafts because it could turn your flu into pnemonia. Cover your throat at night with the blanket to keep your chest warm. If you have a woolen scarf you can sleep with that around your neck it will stop the coughing. If your temperature goes up you can soak in a nice warm bath. Lay back in it for 20-30 minutes (or until the fever breaks) to let the water cool your body down. But remember to dry yourself completely and dress warm when you come out. You don't need another draft. Try not to bathe at night because going to bed with a wet/damp head can make matters worse. Unless you are burning up with fever and then you can take that bath. But make sure all windows are closed and the place is warmed up. Drink plenty of fluids and clean water.

Another suggestion: 1 cup of hot water, half a teaspoon of salt, one teaspoon of peroxide. Stir well. This is not to be swallowed. You only want to gargle and spit it out in the bathroom sink. It cleans out the mucus and will kill the germs in your throat causing the bronchitus. (tastes awful but it works) 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 3:07 pm
I agree with Betty, take your prescription. (I don't trust medicine; however, if you don't take it, you might get worse.)
If you want to try something else while taking it, you could try some minor home remedies. For example, tea with squeezed lemons added to it. I think honey also works. But lemons act almost the same as medicine does, for a cold. They have certain nutrients and such that help kill bacteria. I know that your problem is a little more than a cold. However, lemons can't do any harm (from what I know). They might help increase the rate at which you heal.
Get well, soon! ^_^  

Guardian of Fire 666

Adults 18 and Older : Exclusive!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces