Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Otherkin Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ninja Lord Kitwick

Profitable Businessman

6,650 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 1:36 pm
Okay I dont know if this is good to talk about here or not, but the notice of otherkin these days and ages, I figured that here would be a good place to discuss it.

Now what otherkin is, is a humanoid lifeform with the soul of another type of beings, like a phoenix, or a dragon, or fae and elven. They are pretty normal, cept for some other thigns, like they are more able to comunicate with spirits, energy manipulation and such.

Myself I am draconic really. The soul of a dragon. But I would just like to know the thought that you guys have really. And I please ask one request though, no rudeness or flaming, cause Ive had enough of that already in the main forums area of Gaia  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:32 pm
Armorussa
Okay I dont know if this is good to talk about here or not, but the notice of otherkin these days and ages, I figured that here would be a good place to discuss it.

Now what otherkin is, is a humanoid lifeform with the soul of another type of beings, like a phoenix, or a dragon, or fae and elven. They are pretty normal, cept for some other thigns, like they are more able to comunicate with spirits, energy manipulation and such.

Myself I am draconic really. The soul of a dragon. But I would just like to know the thought that you guys have really. And I please ask one request though, no rudeness or flaming, cause Ive had enough of that already in the main forums area of Gaia

I've heard of otherkin before, and it seems plausible to me, but how would one find out what there soul is? For example, how did you come to the conclusion your soul was draconic?  

chaoticpuppet

Panther Nightwind

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:46 pm
chaoticpuppet
I've heard of otherkin before, and it seems plausible to me, but how would one find out what there soul is? For example, how did you come to the conclusion your soul was draconic?

I would like to know this as well seeing as how one of my friends keep telling me that she is part elf and she knows this "just because".  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:05 pm
Well what it is really, is through alot of soul searching. Really the physical signs are that you always feel that you are different in some way, and what happened for me is I was looking at an otherkin website when I was younger, and thought to myself, thats me. So I looked more adn more into it, and went through self past life regression, and I found out what I was.  

Ninja Lord Kitwick

Profitable Businessman

6,650 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Trader 100

Ges

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:06 pm
Yay, this time I catch someone else's Otherkin topic while it is still small...so no seven pages to work on quoting xp

Armorussa
Now what otherkin is, is a humanoid lifeform with the soul of another type of beings, like a phoenix, or a dragon, or fae and elven.

Not all Otherkin even believe in Souls. To some being Otherkin is strictly a psychological thing over Spiritual, being someone tied into a Jungian Archetype for example.

Quote:
They are pretty normal, cept for some other thigns, like they are more able to comunicate with spirits, energy manipulation and such.

Stereotype. I work heavily with the Otherkin community, and the Metaphysical community in Toronto, I don't see much of a difference in natural potential really. I think in most cases Otherkin claiming being better naturally is getting caught up in the myths of what they were, as opposed to what we are now. I do note though, that Otherkin do seem to be drawn to more specifics in their workings, they fall into a branch or paradigm easier, but that could just be coincidence. One of the most well-accomplished Chaot I know, is a human. To me, I think the idea that because we are Kin, we are more intouch or capable, is just arrogance.

chaoticpuppet
I've heard of otherkin before, and it seems plausible to me, but how would one find out what there soul is?

Hehe, that's a question that most of us still have trouble with. I'll admit, I'm sure of what I am...yet I still question it, if that makes sense. The main way, is researching your childhood, and your current self, introspection, and putting all the pieces together. The problem is getting caught up in learned patterned, and stereotypes. I mean, I'm not an Elf, but if I went too superficial in my search, I could take my love of nature, and natural ability with Nature Magic to mean I was Elven. Sadly I see a lot of being too superficial in the community, but not all Otherkin take themself, or their belief as serious as some like me do. Sometimes events and patterns make sense, and sometimes, they are just events and patterns. "Sometimes a knife is just a knife."

Past life regression is another way, but that's a touchy one for several reasons. Validity of memories, and the line of thought that just because you were something you are something. Just because someone had a life as a Wolf, does not make their Soul a Wolf. So even if someone comes across a Past Life Memory as a Dragon, it doesn't mean they are a Dragon, it just means that they were once.

Phantom Limbs are another way, but again a touchy subject. Many Otherkin experience a sensation of Phantom Limbs, feeling parts of the Subtle Body that no longer have a Physical Counterpart. With me, I have my horns, and tail, just to start an example. I don't always notice they are there, but sometimes I can feel my tail with such clarity I half expect to hear it thwap against my chair. Now, this can be discounted asides from the obvious imagination aspect, as being a left over so to speak. You know when you where skates, and take them off, for the first few steps, you feel like you have them on. Well, think of spending a life in a Raven's form, even if your Soul is human, once you take upon human flesh again, you may still get little memory sensations of the wings. Also, if you believe in Aura or Energetic Perceptions, then sometimes Phantom Limbs can appear there as well. Though my horns are usually missed (but they are messed up as is), I have confused some people before, when they see a stream of Energy behind me, or actually can tell it as a tail.

To some, there is just a knowing, all along, about what we are. In some cases, I have met Kin who I consider valid, and the only reason they really have is "I've always felt more like a Halfling then anything", and that's all they can say on why. While this method doesn't help our case with skeptics, it isn't always wrong, though I do have trouble believing people, just because they think it sounds right, or makes sense.

Armorussa
Really the physical signs are that you always feel that you are different in some way

I wouldn't call that a Physical sign at all...but anyways, that's also a bit of a bad method, cause you can feel different for lots of reasons. Some of my differences as a kid, yeah, I can attribute to my Kinness, while there are other parts that are because I'm Queer, some because I'm caucasian and others cause I was raised Christian. Feeling different, or isolated, or anything like that, is by far a Kin specific.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:25 am
Why is everyone always a dragon, or a cat, or a fae of some sort?
That's the main reason I think Otherkin are completely full of it.
None of them ever seem to be cockroaches, or ducks, or moles. They've always got to be something glamorous and "cool". rolleyes  

Sinister Kung Fu

Ninja Lord Kitwick

Profitable Businessman

6,650 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:58 am
Sinister Kung Fu
None of them ever seem to be cockroaches, or ducks, or moles. They've always got to be something glamorous and "cool". rolleyes

Actually I think the reason why it isnt cockroaches or such, is because their souls arent compatible really with the human body. Either that or it hasnt been heard of before. Dont really know.

But from what I can tell there is also one more categorie of otherkin, and that is other, which is different from the rest . Like you said cockraoch or something, would be considered in the other category

Now I do admit that there might be other classifications of otherkin really. Cause I know of a therian that is a deer therian, and she is very kind.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:50 pm
Panther Nightwind
chaoticpuppet

I would like to know this as well seeing as how one of my friends keep telling me that she is part elf and she knows this "just because".

I have a question somewhat similar to the above. I've done a bit of research on Otherkin, from what I've read it's very interesting. Anyways, I was wondering if it's possible to be two different things at the same time, i.e. Dragon/fae or whatever.  

Midnight Ana

Acid Faery

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:01 pm
Armorussa
Really the physical signs are that you always feel that you are different in some way, and what happened for me is I was looking at an otherkin website when I was younger, and thought to myself, thats me.

I spent my younger years constantly feeling that I was different. A hell of a lot of people do. I didn't have magic powers or a different soul. I was just brought up differently and not very social.

Armorussa
Sinister Kung Fu

Actually I think the reason why it isnt cockroaches or such, is because their souls arent compatible really with the human body. Either that or it hasnt been heard of before. Dont really know.

How are cockroaches any less compatable with the human body than dragons? Cockroaches at least live on the planet with us.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 4:18 pm
Sinister Kung Fu
maybe people who are cockroaches just don't want to admit it. I mean would you?  

wicked_hat

Sinister Kung Fu

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 9:00 pm
Violent_D
Sinister Kung Fu

I'd be more inclined to believe that it's just people wanting to feel special, and different from everyone else, so they make up some hokey crap about being the embodiment of an animal spirit. A cockroach wouldn't be special at all, so it's almost always a fox, cat, eagle, wolf or something like that. The really far out ones are dragons, elves, fairies, unicorns and other imaginary creatures.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:45 pm
Sinister Kung Fu
Violent_D
Sinister Kung Fu

I'd be more inclined to believe that it's just people wanting to feel special, and different from everyone else, so they make up some hokey crap about being the embodiment of an animal spirit. A cockroach wouldn't be special at all, so it's almost always a fox, cat, eagle, wolf or something like that. The really far out ones are dragons, elves, fairies, unicorns and other imaginary creatures.

Alot of times there are fluffys in this as well, as well as the real ones. Its kinda hard to explain the experiences, but myself I found out all that I was through pastlife regression (which also freaked out a psychiatrist as well) and other methods of research. Just because you might not beleive, doesnt mean that this "CRAP" as you put it, isnt someones life.

The definition of otherkin, is someone thats soul is other than human, from another plane of existence sometimes. The reason why you dont hear much about the cockroaches and such, is because those who are like that (found this out from my fiancee) is because most of the time they are fluffies, or RPers.

Now you are inclined to have your own opinion, but please, dont call someone elses beliefs crap. How would you feel if I called yours crap.  

Ninja Lord Kitwick

Profitable Businessman

6,650 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Trader 100

Ess

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:12 am
Once someone steps up and announces they're a tapeworm, then I'll believe in otherkin.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:01 am
please delte this. mispost.  

Ninja Lord Kitwick

Profitable Businessman

6,650 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Trader 100

Ninja Lord Kitwick

Profitable Businessman

6,650 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 4:03 am
Ess
Once someone steps up and announces they're a tapeworm, then I'll believe in otherkin.
Nice to see ess again. Ya probably dont remember me anyways, considering you and your guild used to flame an alt of mine.

But onto the subject, a reason that there are no cockraoches or tapeworms or such, is mainly because of one factor, otherkin means a soul not of this realm as well.

From my own opinions and research as well, otherkin really is just a blanket term for all the genotypes of kin out there. The reason why you dont see tapeworms and such, is because the fact that it is otherworldly. Not of the physical plane of existence. Just like Phoes, dragons, angelics, faes and elven are not of this world. All these legends you hear have a basis of fact behind them, which some beleive were given from stories from otherkin themselves through out history.

Now I dont know really if kin like tapeworms and such truly exist or not, but who am I to say that they dont exist. Hell Im still learning myself to tell you the truth.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff