Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
Ways of motivation. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fuzzykit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:19 am
*Hopes she is not breeching any system of the guilds by being the one to initiate a new thread* <.<; >.>; If so, apologies to Aeren! *Bows*

What methods do you guys have of keeping yourself away from that damned biscuit tin? >_<; What can you say to yourself or do to keep focused and stay away from that biscuit tin of doom? (Remember, it doesn't just have to be a biscuit tin! xd )

I remind myself constantly of my goals in life (I have less that two years to go before I am off to university), and why I'm doing this- it's important to me. The minute I think something like 'oh, screw what other people think' it all goes to pot. But at the end of the day the person who feels worst about myself is me. And I can't screw over what I think otherwise I'd be in a whole lot of trouble and have an identity crisis and stuff.

I'm rambling now, aren't I? ._.;

Anyways, over to you guys. What keeps you going, and do you have any advice to other members?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:48 am
FK~ No worries. I'm excited that you started another thread.

Hmm.. Motivation. I probably have a few things to motivate me.

Firstly, I have a close guy friend who keeps me inspired. I have *no* interest in him (just wanted to clear it up, i'm not doing it *for* him) Anyway, he is in the Air Force and has to keep in physical shape, and he is very encouraging to me. He says nice things, and for some reason just really makes me feel motivated. The other day I asked him to give me a pep talk and hes like "Get off yer a** and get 'er done!" LOL. Thats not his usual motivation, but it also worked.

I think its important to have people in your life who can help keep you motivated. Friends or family or something.

I also have pictures that motivate me. I used to be quite a bit skinnier, and I have gained a lot of weight in college. So I look back to how I used to be and was like "I've been there before, I can do it again"

Also, health is a huge motivator! My grandma had type II diabetes and I'm scared to death that I could end up that way if I don't take care of myself.  

Aeren
Crew

Fuzzykit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:09 pm
And health, health is important, too. >_>;;

I have a new motivation: because I'm gonna take part with a choir I'm in in Choir Of The Year, we all ened to have the same uniform, and the skirts the teacher picked out are gorgeous- black swishy material, long and... swishy. whee heart I'm not going to look brilliant in it for the semifinals (less than a month away means only under a stone lost), but I'd like to look good in it if we are to get into the final. And it's something I'd wear besides from in competitions 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:53 pm
hmm.. my motivations for all this weight loss stuff...

in no particular order~

1) Health would be a biggie. Anyone at any walk of their life could stand to improve their health. And along with taking care of your body, you'll feel better physically and emotionally.

2) Attracting the opposite sex. Having a sexy bod to reel in the guys, as well as having a cool hobby/interest (in health/fitness) to show the world that I'm interesting, have self-esteem and respect for myself, is diciplined... now THAT'S attractive qualities. ^_~

3) Remembering back at a time when I used to fit things that were smaller, as well as remembering when I was much bigger is a motivation. "I don't ever want to look that bad again!" "I want to fit back in this cute skirt I used to wear!"

4) Having order in my life motivates me to improve myself. I like to keep calenders and journals to organize my information about the various tasks I need to do. Because, otherwise, I'd just feel like I was living in a vaccum. When I'm in a state of disorder, it makes me feel yucky. Being organized makes me feel like I am in control of myself, and makes me feel diciplined.  

Grip of Death
Crew

Aeren
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:55 pm
This is a motivation phrase i got off some oprah or dr. phil thing.

"If you keep doing as you have always done, you will keep getting the results you always have gotten"

so remember to push yourselves a bit. step out of your comfort level and make a commitment.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:32 pm
Here's my words of wisdom for the week ( sweatdrop ): At the end of the day, the only person that can make you happy is yourself.

I have another motivation. Last summer I went with a friend to the Sidmouth folk music festival. I had one of the nest times of my life. I brought some really nice clothes, and I looked good in them. I danced at the barn dances a lot, and at the concerts. And then I got back and looked at the photos... I've convinced myself that I look pudgy in photos (I'm as unphotogenic as you can get- fake nervous smile etc. etc).

Though my friend keeps insisting I'm not fat, I know better- I am clinically what you would call fat. Anyhoo, we're going back next year, and the year after that. I want to have the best possible time I could have- and this self paranoira has been growing steadily. I don't think I'll ever quite shake it off, being a naturally paranoid person, but I'd like to feel better about myself than I do now. Especially with exams coming up, I'll need all the emotional boost I can get.  

Fuzzykit

Aeren
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:50 pm
babe you ARE beautiful. as you are... no matter what you do or don't lose. but losing weight will help your confidence, and i believe that you can do it. and i know looking back and realizing how you looked and felt is an inspiration to make you want to change. but remember that you are great now, and just making yourself even greater...  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:53 pm
Aeren: Thankies heart We can all do this thingy. 3nodding

I have another motivation again ( sweatdrop ): I'd have less reason to be depressed. whee  

Fuzzykit

Aeren
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:59 pm
thats a good reason! i think we all would feel so much better. not only if we exercise more and have more endorphins we will also have a much better frame of mind  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:45 pm
And Fuzzykit has another motivation!

This is also to prove to myself the strength of will I have.  

Fuzzykit

Sensedog

Crew

Hardcore Sex Symbol

12,575 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 5:24 pm
My motivation is simply my overall health. I'm doing this for my own good.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 4:52 pm
i think health is one of the most important motivators. i mean, w/o our health, how can we truly enjoy life?  

Aeren
Crew

Fuzzykit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 2:26 pm
Had a very inspirational assembly today, on being scared of change (lead by one of our RS teachers, who's really funny). One of the factors brought up was new-year resolutions, including losing weight. It was about the fear of change. At first I thought that it would have little to do with dieting ad stuff, but it does have a lot to do with it, in some cases, when you think about it. For example, though we may not be comfortable about how we are now, we are still familiar with it, and subconciously being anxious about the change could affect they way we try and carry out the change, or how affectively it's done. Ne? sweatdrop whee  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 10:33 am
good point. and its easy to stay how we are, so change requires more and we may be scared to put in that kind of effort in case we fail.  

Aeren
Crew

Fuzzykit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 4:10 am
I have another motivation (surprise surprise). This one's a little more shallow, though. I wanna be able to fit into and look good in an authentic quipao (chinese dress). ^^;  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games