Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Diarama suggestions

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

savage-everlong

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:34 pm
I want to make a really cool diarama (probably spelled wrong sweatdrop ) but i can't figure out what i want to do. i want to do one with the new plastic drop pod (it looks SOO KOOL) and a marine combat squad, but i also want to do one with a blood angels combat squad and a librarian with force wings (psyker power for Blood Angels only) and some cool lightning effects. please post! I NEED ideas.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:33 pm

My suggestion:

The scene could be one where the drop-pod is just landing with the marines pouring out to fight...something. As far as having your psyker using Wings of Sanguinius, you'd have to do some very, VERY careful work to show the psychic wake coming off of his body.

For the TRUE effect of the power, I'd suggest for it to be a Terminator Librarian. On the wings themselves, you'd have to greenstuff them to get the proper look that you need.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

savage-everlong

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 3:12 pm
thanks. ill keep that in mind. for the wings, i was just gonna buy some fantasy pegasus wings. yes or no?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:31 pm
if you do that I'd paint them ice blue wash them asurmen then proceed to highlight with ice, you'd have to do some intricate things for it to look like energy  

Battle Brother Bill

savage-everlong

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:21 pm
thanks for the advice blaugh  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:38 am
I did a diaroma for my club's painting constest a couple of months ago, I had Ahriman firing off balls of warp energy at a sqaud of ork bikers. I had 2 of the orks running for the hill with their bikes in pieces, and the 3rd one getting hit in the face with a warp ball. For the most part it was jsut good painting and for the warp balls I used a small polstrying (spelling) ball, about 6mm I think, with small amounts of paper clip wire sticking in and out of it. I painted up the balls in shade of purple and then the wire in bright blue to look like spikes of energy coming of it. A couple of these dotted around the battlefield, 1 hitting the ork sqaure in the jaw, and a final 1 being charged by Ahriman, with the lightning connencting it to his fingers.

I figure that you can use this for your Librain smiting his foes idea  

The Black Messiah

savage-everlong

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:38 pm
thanks. sounds kool  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items