Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

JD Knux

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:09 pm
Worst cover songs...  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:05 pm
Don't worry, whoever came up with that garbage is obviously a total idiot and probably hasn't even heard of KoRn before and just based their s**t of Wikipedia. They don't realize that JD's cover of Got Money was not meant to be taken seriously.

...oh, and I wouldn't doubt that they lost their eardrums when someone pulled their brain out through their ears. smile  

ZeeCrazayHobo
Captain

Newbie Noob

6,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Popular Thread 100

+[Unholy_Rage]+
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:45 am
Fear not, it's just another life-deprived philistine with a laptop who doesn't know or listen to enough music. Like one of the users commenting that blog said:

"Doing covers is all about taking the song in a different direction than what everyone was used to - that's what makes Cash's cover of "Hurt" AND Manson's version of "Tainted Love" work! Try getting a columnist who's actually a noted musician."

And for the record, JD made Lil'Wayne's manufactured crap into something actually listenable.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:52 am
Bete bi cadaho To this a*****e oh yeah what i just typed means alot of things in spanish ill explain later. But i liked it im not into rap buti thought it was a new twist i hate people who talk out there asses  

DanteIX
Crew

DioRte

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:33 am
Who the ******** is Gil Kaufman?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:16 am
A miscellaneous blogger? I think...  

+[Unholy_Rage]+
Vice Captain

dead_duckii

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:02 pm
its one thing to say you dont like the cover songs korn did

but they completely trashed korn with fiery hateful words too sad

what the hell is with people these days?
like i dont know if that was someone from yahoo or just some random person but its disrespectful  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:19 pm
oh & btw
i thought his cover of lil waynes song was amazing! hahahhah!!!  

dead_duckii

DioRte

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:36 pm
I think Mr. Gil is just against covers period, since all he did was b***h about them throughout the entire thing. I don't know what he was judging when he claimed that they all were horrible because the musicians' abilities were great, the songs were done in their own bands' sound, and they were all produced in excellent quality. Maybe he needs to get laid.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:15 pm
Agreed!

I'd also hate to hear what he considers to be 'good' music. I also don't understand why he had to berate JD - a talented and respected musician - so much. JD and Korn have influenced an entire generation of music that was far-reaching (even now, bands make music BECAUSE of what Korn have shown).

There are some truly bad 'artists' out there, yet NONE of those were mentioned. I don't think he even noticed Kid Rock's horrible sampling of Sweet Home Alabama.

What about the songs ungraciously covered on those stupid Pop Idol shows? Those karaoke comptetitions that manufacture singers for corporate gain produce some of the WORST renditions ever heard yet no one even mentions it.

That Gil ******** is not a critic - he's just an angry geek, frustrated at his own inability to appreciate music and artistic interpretation.  

+[Unholy_Rage]+
Vice Captain

DioRte

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:20 pm
+[Unholy_Rage]+
Agreed!

I'd also hate to hear what he considers to be 'good' music. I also don't understand why he had to berate JD - a talented and respected musician - so much. JD and Korn have influenced an entire generation of music that was far-reaching (even now, bands make music BECAUSE of what Korn have shown).

There are some truly bad 'artists' out there, yet NONE of those were mentioned. I don't think he even noticed Kid Rock's horrible sampling of Sweet Home Alabama.

What about the songs ungraciously covered on those stupid Pop Idol shows? Those karaoke comptetitions that manufacture singers for corporate gain produce some of the WORST renditions ever heard yet no one even mentions it.

That Gil ******** is not a critic - he's just an angry geek, frustrated at his own inability to appreciate music and artistic interpretation. He also direly needs to get out of his grandma's basement and get laid before he turns fifty.

I completely agree.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:50 am
ZeeCrazayHobo
Don't worry, whoever came up with that garbage is obviously a total idiot and probably hasn't even heard of KoRn before and just based their s**t of Wikipedia. They don't realize that JD's cover of Got Money was not meant to be taken seriously.

...oh, and I wouldn't doubt that they lost their eardrums when someone pulled their brain out through their ears. smile

Well said. x3  

hiei4ever

DanteIX
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:38 pm
Well some covers done like this one sounds better than the original artist. like cradle of filth for example did a cover for temptation the original sucked dildos there version was a hell of alot better ninja  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:40 pm
Better how? Something that appeals to your taste isn't necessarily better, just different.  

DioRte

DanteIX
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:41 pm
DioRte
Better how? Something that appeals to your taste isn't necessarily better, just different.

no i stand by what i say it was ten times better  
.:+:.Children of the KoRn.:+:.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces