Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Warriors Guild

Back to Guilds

HEY WARRIORS GUILD MEMBERS AND FANS! WE HAVE MOVED TO DEVIANTART! http://www.deviantart.com/the-warriors-guild AS OF 2019 WE ARE ACTIVE!!!! 

Tags: Warriors, Erin Hunter, Warrior Cats 

Reply Elder Stories (Fanfictions)
Bearclaw's Book ^.^

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tryingtoescapereality
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 6:07 pm
Yay! My new book!

Our story takes place in the beginning of the ice age- in a land bridge between Japan and Alaska. My tribe ((whatever there name is)) is a tribe no text books have ever discovered- they were the first to settle the lands and the last until a good 4500 years ago. They have a hint of supernatural to them ((don't everyones?)) which the plot revolvles around.

This is a different type of story for me- first of all my stories have never been about humans, let alone on Earth. I usually write about angels, vampires, that sortta stuff. Also, the main charecter is a boy- something else I've never done. I think I did pretty well on making him boyish XD. And do not fear- there will be a heroine introduced somewhere around the fifth chapter- so let us begin!

Demon Fang ((no- not the same as the rp!))

I always knew that I would be a legend. That I would be the almighty hero. I would be spoken of with great respect, everyone would kneel down to me. To ask me to oblige them with my wisdom in hopes it would rub off on them. Legend was in blood, just the making of a hero throbbing through-out my veins, knowing that I could stand next to my Great Grandfather in hopes of being as almighty as he.
But, of course, doubt is always in all of us. A flicker of worry that maybe it’s not you, maybe your destiny will take you to a different path.
That one day… doubt clouded my mind more than any other emotion. The doubt that life would cheat you into death. That I would only be known for the little achievements in my life. And that doubt almost killed me itself…
Chapter First
Hunt
“And let the great gods bless us. Let them show guidance to our village, and may they offer joy and wealth to us…” said the voice.
The speaker was elderly. Her skin so fragile a single movement would seem as if to break it. Bright electric blue veins wove through broad creases, skin splotched with different shades of tan. Through the aged appearance, though, eyes of eternal youth sparkled- green glinting under thick brows. “Let them put us in their favor, let them…” she rasped on.
It was useless. It did no good to implore the gods for help. They had set their curse upon us- we would all be sentenced to die.
Yet you couldn’t help but see the hope in their eyes, that their descendents might still rule these grounds, carry on their name… They hoped in vain. What good would it do? Lying to yourself would just make the truth more unbearable- but no matter how much I revealed myself to reality- I just had to hope.
“Let us give our offerings,” she concluded, raising her trembling arms to the sky.
I had to clench my teeth to keep from scowling. We had given them everything, everyone of our possessions were lost in their greedy hands. What they wanted were our lives. That’s the only gift that would suit them is the one thing I was unwilling to give.
One by one we all presented our gifts, setting them down on a woven mat. My offering looked nothing compared to the elaborate pots and jewelry displayed. I couldn’t make beautiful art like they could.
I would give a single arrowhead, the black glittering in the moonshine. It was no bigger than my little finger, yet the sparkle shone greater than other pieces. The point broke through my skin as a clenched it, unwilling to let it go… but with a clunk it landed on the mat, shaking slightly until it finally settled down.
“May we rest to a night in peace, and shall we awaken to a greater day.”
The words disgusted me. Every night fall she said this. Every time we had been promised a day of joy. A day when everything would be better. But it was all lies. It got worse everyday! Everyday the snow beat harder against our backs, chilled us to the bone. Never again would the sun show itself, we could never feel the blissful warmth sink into out skin.
Gradually, everyone stood up and made their way out. As I was about to make it to the opening, a hand gripped my wrist. I turned around to see it was Shiori- the speaker. It wasn’t her light hold that kept me there, but the intensity of her eyes. They were desperate- pleading.
“What?” I asked, all my intentions of a sharp response gone.
“Please… stay for a moment,” she begged.
I nodded and sat next to her- she released her grip.
“We’re all going to die,” she murmured, looking away.
So- she did understand? She knew her prayers weren’t going to succeed? That we would fail? Shock shot through me.
“We going to have to do something,” Shiori continued, and then turned to look at me. I slight glanced away. “I think you’re our solution.”
My head snapped to look at her, wide eyed. “I-I don’t know your saying.”
“Please, think of it Kenji,” she pleaded. “Right now you’re the strongest warrior in our tribe. All the others are too old or too sick. You’re the only one who has the strength to save us.”
She had left out my weakness- I was the youngest warrior. While the others had at least three decades of wisdom- I was stuck with a mere nineteen years of training.
“What do expect me to do?”
“I think wolf demons are doing this. The god of them in particular.”
“Ookami?” I gasped. “Why?”
“I’m afraid it was because of the endless summer… he wants snow- and he’s getting it.” She became much more fierce as she continued. “We need someone to destroy him.”
I couldn’t believe what she was saying. Killing a god?
“Impossible!” I seethed. I wouldn’t look a god in the eye- let alone kill it.
The silence ticked on, the howling of the wind echoing throughout our ears.
“This is about my Grandfather, isn’t it?” I asked solemnly. “He destroyed the bear… right?”
Shiori nodded, after silence she decided encouragement would suit best. “You… want to live right? It’s not like your asking death. Kenji… please, can’t you fight for not only your life; but our’s too?”
I bit my lip, my face twisting into a frown. “When do I leave?”
She smiled lightly, her eyes lighting up in hope. “Next night fall would be best.”
“Hmph, I’ll think about it.” with that I left.

The next morning, as promised, was colder than before. The lips of my kin were a plump purple- looking more like fat plums than anything else. Not only at the cold gotten to me, but hunger along.
I blinked repetitively- shaking the frost off my lashes. My bones cracked as I stood up, stiff from restless slumber. My eyes were blurry, causing me to trip and stumble as I made my way out.
The snow crunched under me, splinters of ice misting up to cut my face. The sky was blocking my looming clouds, threatening to overshadow us with a blizzard.
“Kenji!” My eyes flashed to meet the call- my brother waving me over.
I ran to join him, crowded by the other warriors.
“We’re going hunting! Care to join?” he asked- his smile was warm- something I haven’t seen in a while. I knew what he was doing. He was trying to make us happier. Again… lies.
“Sure.” I said and collected my spear. It shined- even in this overcast weather- topped with a silver point. I had received this spear as a child- it had stayed with me ever since.
In the end we had a decent group of five men. They were all gruff looking- chins topped with stubble and eyes nearly drowned in experience. Thick muscles grew in bushels under dark skin, I was the only boy here.
There playful joking silenced as we entered the forest, the soft cracking of ice echoing off to the trees. Our breaths swept along with the wind- her were silent as the forest itself. The forest was warm- falling snow couldn’t reach us here. We were protected by the shield of branches.
We walked along in our silence, the sun was high before we spotted sight of caribou.
It was a small herd- to be expected in this winter. Three cows and a buck. They were scrawny, bones sticking out as they swayed as the wind. Yet they stood- ready to protect their lives. It was a shame we’d have to kill them- they’re strength was admirable.
“Spread out.” someone whispered under they’re breath. We did as told and circled the herd- we didn’t bother to hide. They knew as well as us that they didn’t stand a chance. I raised my spear- ready to aim for the fastest cow when the unthinkable happened.
The buck hurdled himself at me, hooves raised, threw me to the ground. Clenching my bleeding nose I rolled backwards to dodge his next attack. His eyes scrambled to find me- I used the time to jump to my feet and run off. I bumped into trees, flying across the snow barren ground. I could feel it’s warm breath against my bare next. I could feel the heat getting warmer- washing away the goose pimples sprouting on the back of my neck. I was slowing down.
With a dip of its head it scooped me up with the massive antlers and threw me into a tree. I could feel the splintering crack- I was sure the tree felt as much pain as me. I fell limp to the ground- awaiting death. Out of my blurry sight I could make out the buck’s hooves about to crash to my face.
Just then it disappeared, white replacing black. I blinked- trying to figure out what just happened. That’s when I saw it.
It was truly a beast- the size was startling. It’s fur a mixture of earth- browns, grays, black, truly born of nature. Though the dead caribou lay at it’s feet- it’s face was flawless. Not a single stain of the flowing fur. It’s mouth closed, only tiny fangs peeking out, but sharper than knives. You see the muscles endlessly flowing through the velvet fur, strength running throughout it’s veins. And then there was it’s eyes. A vivid amber the years tracing back throughout the depth, and the black pupil sparkling with knowledge. It was a creature of the gods.
Wolf.
The creature had saved my life, but at the same time it was terrifying. It took a silent step forward- the face now next to mine. The amber eyes closed, I felt a wet tongue spread across my face- but in it’s path was different than the expected slime. I could feel my body regenerating, the bones snapping back in place, the tissue reforming the shield against long muscles. I felt new.
“Kenji!” I felt the bush rustle by my side- a bolt of wind and the beast was gone.
“Yeah?” My voice was dazed- my obvious distance from reality all in the center of my gaze.
“Wow! Y-you got it! You defeated the bull!” I could hear the joy in their voices- the warmth comforting.
“How’d you make it?” “Yeah- how’d you defeat it?”
“Er-” my sides heaved- weighed with effort as I sat up. Sure I was healed- but that didn’t make my exhaustion any better.
“Let’s get you home.” A wolverine skinned boot tapped my leg. “C’mon- get up.”
He placed his arms under mine and dragged me up- I would come to regret it later. I walked along with the group- the laughter and joy of the men as they carried the buck back to camp drowned out my thoughts. I smiled along with them. It was a miracle enough that I was alive.
Children squealed as they circled the buck- prancing as rabbits. The women would come out to scold- but then to see their sons’ arms tangled around the antler would through another layer of squeals. The smiles, the laughter- it was all so odd to me.
They laid down the buck and begun to slice it to pieces- preparing it for roasting. They were so hungry that raw would even to some- I saw children steal bites.
I sat back- a light smile forming on my face has the scene overwhelmed me- the tribe would be fed well today. How easily we were pleased now. The children used to be picky- but now a bug would even do.
Shade shadowed over the cold air chilling my back- I turned to see Shiori standing over me. She turned to meet my curious gaze. “Even the wolf agrees with me.”
“Hm?”
“That it’s Alpha should be destroyed.”
I blinked.
“I can tell a wolf mark from a spear- the wolf agrees that you must live to destroy it’s leader.”
With a huff I turned my head away, again she went with that. “The caribou…” Shiori quickly caught on. “Do you think it was possessed?”
Shiori shook her head. “No demon would waste it’s time with a hunger driven deer- sometimes determination can be stronger then any power.”
I remained gazing at the pines- the thought settling in.
“Well.” the old woman stretched with a shuddering crack of ancient bones. “I’m going to go get a taste of the buck if you don’t mind. You should fill yourself too.”
I shook my head. “I’m not hungry.”
Her raison lips twisted to a frown- her chin a web of creases. “We’re all hungry.” was her farewell murmur before she scampered to the caribou.
The ice was beginning to sink into my fur coats- but I continued to slump down on the snow.
The wolf had saved me- yet did I still want to turn by back to them? I should be grateful.
The smiles lit in front of me were hard to resist, there was nothing more I could enjoy then seeing my tribe enjoy themselves. The smiles were so pure, so warm- I had to preserve them. I couldn’t let the smiles die.
Did that mean I would go? I would kill a god? The mountains were eerie in the dimming light, the aurora of purple light casting of the shadow hills. As if to announce to the world to stay away.
But this decision would predict the fate of all our lives. I would die if I stayed.
So I would go. A boy would kill a beast.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:24 pm
That was really good, Bearclaw!  

xXRozen_SuiseisekiXx
Vice Captain

Panda--Chan
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 5:13 pm
I agree! I liked it!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:18 pm
I liked it alot!  

iDreamheart

Panda--Chan