Reply Life Issues & Fashion
Goth datting

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mario1108

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:53 pm
Now I know that I'll get laughed at for this one but still.
I just wanted to know how do people go about meeting another goth to spend some time with, and call them you soulmate?
I mean I've tryed a good twenty or so online sites, and even a few just for goths, yet I never find a person that shares the same dark journey.

So I'm here. Asking for help, because I don't know how much longer I can go on.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:06 pm
I've never dated another goth.

But, I did turn my first ex on to .45 Grave and The Cure.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Silent Manipulation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:19 pm
I don't know what to tell you, your more likely to meet other goths if you go to clubs and concerts. I've never dated another goth before, I just dated whoever I clicked with. I suggest you do the same.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 11:07 am
since your on these stuffs, why not go to a concert with a black shirt with a large fonts of "Hi!!!" , a friend of mine did that and score several phone numbers from them its silly but it worked  

moonclown

Keevan Draco

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:34 pm
Mario...

first rule....DON"T PANIC!!!

second...intrawebz are the absolute worst way to meet gothy darketts in a real world setting.

Silent Manipulation hit the nail square on the head....frequent those places where gothetts are more likely to hang out. Open up a line of communication with your intended by complementing her on her choices of wardrobe/makeup/footware/ect. and ask her where she acquired her gear. You can generally tell within at least 5 minutes wether she is into you or not. If not, move on....there are other bats flying in the night. If she is into you, don't freak out on her, just be yourself and find that common ground you both may share, and see where it goes from there.

(p.s. dont' get all morbidly clingy just because you found someone who likes you...take it slow...if it's meant to be, it will be.)  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 6:51 am
I say just look around town... You'll never know what you'll find. I really don't have much experience with dating but i'll probably never date a goth because where i live there are almost NO goths (god damn those gangstas) but hey like KeevanSixx there are other bats in the night. You'll find someone!  

Sayga Takaino

ObsessionIsSuchAnUglyWord

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:08 pm
Personally, with my being a chick, I think that a lot of the goth women I know, they'd rather you walk around wereing a shirt that proclaimed "HI!!!" They think it's a lot more friendly, open, and nice. If you find a chick, even if she isn't goth, and you two click, ask her out, maybe something good will come of it.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:44 am
I think it's kind of silly to go out looking for a goth to date. Yeah, I'd prefer to date somebody with somewhat similar taste in music, but I wouldn't say no to a guy because he isn't wearing a Bauhaus t-shirt and eyeliner.  

Eskimos are so gay

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:54 pm
Collapsing New Igloos
I think it's kind of silly to go out looking for a goth to date. Yeah, I'd prefer to date somebody with somewhat similar taste in music, but I wouldn't say no to a guy because he isn't wearing a Bauhaus t-shirt and eyeliner.
If I ever make a goth-themed photgraphy book, like one of those coffee table ones, can I quote you? smile  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:10 am
Well, I found someone by joining the Deviant Music Society at my university. It's a place for people who like Goth, Punk and Metal. My new bf is a metalhead, not a goth, but it seems to work out well. I don't know what to suggest if you don't have access to something like this, though. Maybe hang out at goth clubs and see if anybody cute wants to dance.

Don't give up. It can be hard finding someone, but I'm sure it will happen as if by accident when you least expect it.  

Veruniel
Crew

-Lo Va Tits-

Dapper Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 4:14 pm
couldnt help im dateless >_< no im not a fat wannabe goth i am rather slim but not anorexic you cant see my bones oh well there are no goth guys in my town but im ok with any guy who is accepting because i will change my style and i do often of what ever  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:07 pm
I would say to not just look for a "goth girl" to date-- look for someone whom you really click with! I think that that is way more important than finding a velvet-clad Siouxie-loving lass.

However, the goth scene is still a good way to make friends. Though I have never found any boyfriends or girlfriends in the scene, I have still made many friends. Clubs are the best places to meet people. I personally like smaller clubs, as after showing up a handful of times all of the regulars will know you and be pretty willing to chat and dance with you. However, larger clubs will offer a wider range of people, and perhaps more diversity (for example, the small club I usually go to is mainly full of people in their 30's and 40's, verses larger clubs were I'll find people ranging from 18 year olds who are new to clubbing up through people who have been dancing to gothic music since its emergence the late '70's)

Concerts are good as well, though because I am very shy, I've not had much luck meeting people at them... sweatdrop  

DreamerSpirit

NekoYasha09er

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:11 pm
I never really dated a goth before but all I can say pretty much say what the others have said. Visit the places where you know you can find some goth girls. Try to talk to her if you see one that catches your eye and if nothing clicks within 5 minutes or so. At least that is what I can tell with myself if a guy is trying to talk to me. move on.

My boyfriend has the whole mentality and music taste of goth but is a lovely American eagle prep boy.

Life Issues & Fashion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games