Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
Leveling Tips

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

II Zane II

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:18 pm
does anyone have any tips for leveling up on maplestory if so then could you please list them because i made a new chracter and im tired of taking hours just to level up so yea just post them if you have any.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:21 pm
There's really no other way to decrease the time it takes you to level (in certain locations, without 2x EXP). Eventually you'll have to take hours to level, no matter what.

1. Find a place that's cheap, don't kill your own economy
2. Make sure you don't overuse potions
3. If you're bored just take a break.
4. Try to get 10% an hour (under level 100 or so)

How long you can handle training really is up to your mental abilities.  

TaerkDS
Captain

Kotoko Hibioshi

Tipsy Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:35 pm
when i lvl i don't seem to like lvling alone so with other people not as bored  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:08 am
lvling rly depends on ur class and lvl  

xXiTyrXx

Zonic v3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:34 am
take your time ... dont worry about what other people think or say.

Its your story after all

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:07 pm
its a game dude!
where u can talk to ur friends while killin' some monsters.
.......zzzzZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ  

Joey Ghost

Artess

General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:19 pm
The single most important investment you can make is a 2x card. Without one you'll go out of your mind from boredom. I am a high lvl, but I still lvl once every 2-3 days on 2x experience. At higher levels you also need safety charms. Beyond that, pretty much everything in Cash Shop you can do without.

If you don't have a lot of mesos to spend, play a lukless mage. Because of the magician damage formula, less of your power as a lukless mage is contingent on your equipment, and more on your lvl. Even if the best weapon you can afford is an average clean black umbrella, you'll still do fairly well. So, not having godly equipment is not as important. Also, mages hit multiple targets at once getting experience faster. A person I know calculated that he got as much experience per hour as a lvl 138 i/l as a 19x night lord who posted a video of himself training on YouTube.

Also, spend a set amount of time grinding. Like, 3 hours or 4 hours or whatever. Make sure you actually train in that time. It's very easy to get onto Maple and spend 6 hours chatting, and then you look a month later and you haven't leveled at all.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:36 pm
Artess
The single most important investment you can make is a 2x card. Without one you'll go out of your mind from boredom. I am a high lvl, but I still lvl once every 2-3 days on 2x experience. At higher levels you also need safety charms. Beyond that, pretty much everything in Cash Shop you can do without.

If you don't have a lot of mesos to spend, play a lukless mage. Because of the magician damage formula, less of your power as a lukless mage is contingent on your equipment, and more on your lvl. Even if the best weapon you can afford is an average clean black umbrella, you'll still do fairly well. So, not having godly equipment is not as important. Also, mages hit multiple targets at once getting experience faster. A person I know calculated that he got as much experience per hour as a lvl 138 i/l as a 19x night lord who posted a video of himself training on YouTube.

Also, spend a set amount of time grinding. Like, 3 hours or 4 hours or whatever. Make sure you actually train in that time. It's very easy to get onto Maple and spend 6 hours chatting, and then you look a month later and you haven't leveled at all.

But 2x cards should really only be bought if you're over level 80. And even then, it may still be better to train without it.

Since he's a low level, (I'm assuming, because he said he just "made a new character") I would do some quests to help make leveling more exciting. The Maple Leaf quest that's currently available is a great source of EXP.

Arikana

Artess

General

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:29 pm
Arikana

But 2x cards should really only be bought if you're over level 80. And even then, it may still be better to train without it.

Since he's a low level, (I'm assuming, because he said he just "made a new character") I would do some quests to help make leveling more exciting. The Maple Leaf quest that's currently available is a great source of EXP.

Buying 2x only at lvl 80+ is news to me. 2x doubles your experience at any level, and gaining experience is the only way you'll get to 80 anyway. While it might seem that you're not getting that much for your buck in the initial levels, you actually are. I used to lvl steadily for 4 hours a day, and I noticed that my lvl gain was steady, not diminishing, as I went up. I gained 1 lvl in 1 day, and eventually 1 in 2 days. Right now, at lvl 146 I still gain 75-80% on 4 hours of 2x, so roughly 2 lvls in 3 days.  
Maple Story

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games