Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Beatles

Back to Guilds

Tags: Beatles, John Lennon, Paul McCartney, George Harrison, Ringo Starr 

Reply Other 60s Bands/Singers
Pink Floyd. Because they kinda count. Sorta.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Liebe Thelema

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 2:55 pm
They were mainly a seventies band, but hey, they put out "The Piper At The Gates of Dawn" in 1967 and "Umma Gumma" in 1969. Not to mention a bunch of singles that came out in the sixties. So... they totally count. And if you don't think so, SCREW YOU. 4laugh

But yes. I just love them so much. And this guild needed some Pink Floyd related topics. Heck, ALL guilds need some Pink Floyd related topics. So here. For your enjoyment. Please post, so I'm not so lonely. crying  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:33 pm
and to supplement that, here's are those two albums on a playlist I made on youtube:

The Piper at the Gates of Dawn

Ummagumma < Only the studio part. sweatdrop

I didn't upload them. I just put the songs in the correct order via playlists.  

HistoryWak
Captain

Liebe Thelema

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:38 pm
Haha, yay! Thank you.
But ugh. You know what I just realized? I only have the first disc of "Ummagumma". My brother gave me all the Pink Floyd albums he had, and I guess he didn't have the second disc. I didn't even know there was a second disc until just now. I'm slighting dissapointed... stressed
But anyway... which version of "Astronomy Domine" do you like better, the one on "Piper" or the one on "Ummagumma"? I'd have to say I like the original better. But the one on "Ummagumma" isn't without it's charms... sometimes I listen to it when I'm trying to fall asleep. It's less intense, I guess.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:48 pm
I am now the creator of the new official Pink Floyd thread in the music forum.

Check it out:

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/music/the-official-pink-floyd-thread/t.54847821/  

HistoryWak
Captain

[Your Worst Nightmare]

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:57 am
I lurve Pink Floyd.
They are second only to The Beatles in my books.
<3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:40 pm
[Your Worst Nightmare]
I lurve Pink Floyd.
They are second only to The Beatles in my books.
<3

mrgreen  

HistoryWak
Captain

Other 60s Bands/Singers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out