Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Everything For Everyone Guild (EFE)
I HATE THEM ALL! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Noltic

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:04 am
Ive just realized that i am extremely miserly and anti-social. Its gottwen to the point where there are very few people that i like.

Mostly ive just noticed recently that our society is filled with cowards.

I was thinking about how nobody bought Vista. They say its cus its glitchy, but XP was glitchy a hell when it started... i havent had a glitch yet on Vista, but XP screwed me the first day i installed it. The thing is people are afraid of the new, because their confident in the old and it sickens me.

I just called 10 000 people cowards, and i dont care that i generalize beccause their willing to accept my words if thye know its true.

Maybe im over-exaggerating. but this is really bothering me.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:03 pm
User ImageUser Image
User ImageTwinkle twinkle little star,
How I wonder what you are!
Up above the world so high, User Image

User Image
People who think the world is good are said to be looking through "rose-coloured glasses".

You, however, seem to be looking through black sunglasses. xd I don't blame you though, because some people really are worse than you expect, and you can't help but form negative views about "them". People tend to assign favourable characteristics to groups they belong in (i.e. I'm not like THAT, I'm....).

As for me, I'm on good terms with most people, but there are few people I can call close friends. Everyone has good and bad sides, and not everyone likes you either (just the manner by which people treat you conveys to you that they don't like you- it happens to me too, and I could sort of sense that when it happens). I try to be nice to people when I first meet them, and believe in their goodness and strengths. When I know them long enough, I learn from their weaknesses and evade their bad side. The only way to have friends and see the goodness of people is to bring out the good side of yourself in interacting with them. If they choose to dislike you/stay away from you/take advantage of you, then there is no need to be super nice to them like you would to a close friend. That's just being foolishy kind so that they will take advantage of the kindness you show them. I'd treat people as I'd like them to treat me, but if they don't, then forming a continuing relationship is not necessary.

In the "Person Above You" thread, you kept calling me a weakling and said my posts have no link to thought. Do you love it when people say that about YOU? You don't need to degrade others in order to feel better about yourself. Sorry if this seems discouraging, but due to this, I did not form a very good first impression of you. If this is the way you treat others, then imagine what they'd think of you and how they will treat you in response.

Most people aren't as bad as you think. But you'll only find out if you get to know them. wink Being "anit-social" is a form of withdrawal from the world. That seems like a fear of interacting with others. Don't call other people cowards now! wink Come and join the fun in this guild! Maybe it feels hard to open up, but trying doesn't hurt. You can only know us if we can get to know you! 3nodding

User Image
User ImageLike a diamond in the sky,
Twinkle twinkle little star,
How I wonder what you are!User Image

Meiazure

PKMN Master Red

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 1:14 pm
"I wear my
Sunglasses at Night..." wink  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:46 pm
Nawxsh
"I wear my
Sunglasses at Night..." wink
User ImageUser Image

User Image

xd

The world must not look good for you. The only thing that be worse is being blind XD

User Image

Meiazure

Noltic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:20 am
... first in the person above you game... i was just kidding. It had machiavellian pretence... thats beside the point though.

I also didnt mean anti-social in a cognatative sense but a denotative sense, almost like i am against people talking to each other.

Whatever the case somes out to be, i think its just more that im sick of people who make righteous claims with no history... anyone can do that, and im sick of cowards and ACTUAL weaklings.

Maybe i expect too much from society, but id rather think it just sucks and needs fixing, it works out better in the end.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:02 pm
User ImageUser Image

User Image
Point taken. If you were kidding, then I take no offence. Still, it's not what the average bycomer says, so I got a bit shocked.

Well, I suppose that as long as you are unwilling to change, you'd always be in this vicious cycle. People may not change the way you want them to, because they don't know how you'd like them to change! =0

I had a friend once, who later started hating me and did little annoying things to me, yet never told me that she did. It was her other friend who kept telling me that she hated me, because she thought I kept stalking her. I couldn't understand why. I'd gladly change what bad side of me she doesn't like, but she doesn't tell me anything. One day I just decided I had enough. I talked it out with her. I told her that I asked her to eat lunch with us because I thought she had no friends at my school, not because I wanted her to stop being with her other friends. But she blamed that other girl for "lying" to me. She was embarrassed when she heard me being so open and honest with her about how I felt. It made her turn around and reflect on herself. We ended up becoming good friends. 3nodding

All I can say is, don't give up on others and don't give up on yourself. wink

User Image

Meiazure

Shryle
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 12:59 am
Noltic
Ive just realized that i am extremely miserly and anti-social. Its gottwen to the point where there are very few people that i like.

Mostly ive just noticed recently that our society is filled with cowards.

I was thinking about how nobody bought Vista. They say its cus its glitchy, but XP was glitchy a hell when it started... i havent had a glitch yet on Vista, but XP screwed me the first day i installed it. The thing is people are afraid of the new, because their confident in the old and it sickens me.

I just called 10 000 people cowards, and i dont care that i generalize beccause their willing to accept my words if thye know its true.

Maybe im over-exaggerating. but this is really bothering me.

You know, you're kinda right.
I still have XP because I am used to it, and I don't want to deal with Vista's bullshit I have heard about.
Not having a Vista does not make me a coward.
Yes, I may not want to change it, but change is not always better. I have had only good experiences with XP, and I have heard nothing but s**t about Vista.
I'd hop on the bandwagon if, like I said, it was not glitchy, as I have heard when I was buying a computer. It probably is not now, but when I was getting a computer, Vista was very new, and I have heard from many people who owned a Vista to stay away. And before, I had an XP. So, either go with something I KNOW works, or go with something I heard is not good.
It doesn't make me a coward when I am buying something that, not only is not cheap, but it is something I have to deal with for many years.
Plus, I was used to what I have had for a long time. I was confident in something I have had for a while, and I knew worked, and I didn't have confidence in something I have heard is bad.
Of course, this is just my argument.

Also, I'm anti-social in real life also. I don't know if it as much as me being anti-social as much as I have social anxiety. I don't talk to many people, and I prefer to sit alone. I'm open around people I know, I just don't make new friends well. I'm horrible talking to people I don't know. It doesn't help that people at my college don't seem to talk to one another. It doesn't give me many opportunities to get in a conversation. Heh, one of the reasons I have headphones is to have an excuse to do something to ignore people. Not as much ignore people, but I guess to just give them an excuse not to talk to me. I dunno. I guess I just like being in my own little world.
...Bah, I need to stop being so damned anti-social.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:09 am
Noltic
... first in the person above you game... i was just kidding. It had machiavellian pretence... thats beside the point though.

I also didnt mean anti-social in a cognatative sense but a denotative sense, almost like i am against people talking to each other.

Whatever the case somes out to be, i think its just more that im sick of people who make righteous claims with no history... anyone can do that, and im sick of cowards and ACTUAL weaklings.

Maybe i expect too much from society, but id rather think it just sucks and needs fixing, it works out better in the end.
You mean hypocrisy? People who say one thing and do another? People who talk big, and have nothing to back it up? Myself, I loathe people like that. And, yeah, society does suck. But face it, there's not much you can do about it. People my age anymore are all about themselves, and it pisses me off. But, I can't change people, and I can't change society. Maybe a bunch of us can change society, but I do not see that happening soon.
I guess the only thing you can do is hang with people that are not like that, and stay away from the self-righteous assholes.
And man, believe it or not, there are good people out there.
Trust me. Even though you haven't found many, they are there.

Shryle
Crew

Noltic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:19 pm
Hey man no reason to be so pessimistic. I try and be optimistic even about grim facts. Ya see ive gotten to a point in my life where i beleive in people to do the things i dont beleive in, if you can dig my jive.

and like i said i didnt mean anti-social i meant anti-society.

Maybe ill never be satisfied with people, but knowing that you guys live out there somewhere with your generally indifferent ideals.

Im not sick of the me generation because with them around i know that itll always be easier for me to exceed them. Dont hate people for helping you, no matter how m uch they annoy you.

Rock on Shryle coolest of MODs  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:23 pm
I get your jive. And you have a good point. So to each their own, right?
Well that's one way to look at it. I kinda like it.
And I know what you meant, since you said it in another post. I guess I was more referring to myself.
Myself I hate the me generation. I try to generally help people out, like holding open doors, for an example. Like in college, I hold open doors for people. Yet I have not had that happen to me once in college. A friend of mine once spent his break in high school holding open the door for everyone. On a usual day, only six people thanked him, when easily over a hundred people came and went.
I was one of the six. I feel special.
I also felt special when I saw a fat chick park in a handicapped spot, without a tag. She couldn't be more than 25. It made me feel good when I flipped her off. Shoulda taken a bat to her leg and made an honest woman out of her. (kidding, kidding)
Way I see it, I make a bigger deal than it is. I guess I focus too much on the assholes, I know. It is just those assholes piss me off, and therefore are my focus. I shouldn't be so pessimistic about it.
And I don't hate people for helping me. Sometimes I am skeptical, but I'm usually grateful.

Shryle
Crew

Meiazure

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:30 pm
User ImageUser Image

User Image
... now we're gettin' somewhere! biggrin

Don't lemme stop you. wink

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:45 pm
You know what?
Since you said that, I'm going back to my little corner, and continue to hate. [/kidding]
...Maybe.
And what do YOU have to say all about this, Mei?

Shryle
Crew

iFlashRog

4,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:00 am
Vista was incredibly glitchy when I first got it. Still messes up but its really good xP  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:56 am
Man... i should be way more descript.... this happens too often.

When i said dont hate people for helping you, i meant it in a purely machiavellian sense. Our life competition are all obsessed with themselves. As part of the me generation they only wish to make themselves look better. Unfortunately this goes against sunsu's first rule of war (life=war) "know thine enemy", so as a result, by being self-absorbed emo twats that just wanna sitr around and talk about their problems, and think their actually smarter than everyone when the stoner hippy in the corner is actually a certified genius then thats their problem...

WOAHPERSONALVINDICATION IM SORRY!  

Noltic

Meiazure

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:45 pm
Shryle
You know what?
Since you said that, I'm going back to my little corner, and continue to hate. [/kidding]
...Maybe.
And what do YOU have to say all about this, Mei?
User ImageUser Image

User Image

Lol. xd Hey, I responded to Notic already before you did! It's not like I want to give him a Meiazure-lecture overload. wink

@Noltic: OMG. Yes, the emo people who think they know so much more and have to handle so much more mentally than everyone else. Maybe they'll get over it one day. Maybe. =0

... I use Vista. My old computer kept freezing to the point where it can't really be used for long. It was originally Windows 98 when I first got it. >.>

User Image

Everything For Everyone Guild (EFE)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items