New Sol fluff Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Iron Wolf 85

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:15 pm
My own splinter group called New Sol.
They are Professional scavangers and mercenies, they do so to support their homes, and famlies not out of sheer greed.
They do not suffer from the imperum's technophoba and are actually pretty advanced.
I may or may not make a codex for them but I at least want to come up with fluff like what ships a Reclmator Fleet might be comprised of, what units they might field, etc  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:21 pm
Expound. Human? Conglomerate of races? Enemies? Area of space? What scale of numbers of them? Hundred, thousands, millions?  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Iron Wolf 85

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:18 am
The Republic of New Sol
Systems: 10
terriformed/inhabitable planets: 24
population 462 billion (including the fleets)
Races: Human 90% Abhumans 5% Tau 3% other 2%
coordinates: 1767, 1543 between centaurs arm, and eastern fringe, heavily ork infested territory.
Enemies:
The Federation of Alekseev: a human, ork "Alliance" with a constant war to fight the orks are happy to play the role of frontline troops, and in words of the ork Big Mek Von Duk "does me heart good ta see humies joinin a proper waagh, dey ain't as good at it as orks but dats cause orks is made for fightin and winnin, humies dey's jus made for fightin". (Did them off a red russia theme)
Orks: orks are everywhere, the Republic is surrounded by greenskin planets, in the brightside this is what kept the Imperal explorer fleets from snuffing out the Republic in it's infancy.
Tau: the Tau philophy and the Republic Philophy are opposed, scavager fleet 32 and the Sky'rrel Minoris sept came into conflict on the Tau world over what was supposed to be a trade mission. The Tau lost, survivors were brought back and put through "Citizenship Programs" having no etherals they have interbred desolving the diffreances between the castes, these decendents now make up a 3% minority in New Sol's population.
Chaos: everybody chaos is everybody's enemy, but the Thousand Sons are their main foe among the servants of the chaos gods.

other info: they have had contact with eldar from the Alaitoc craftworld, a few Eldar rangers commonly use New Sol as a waystation. It also acts as a trading hub for many local races.
they tend to name planets after their function.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:48 am
Humans and orks working together? Orks would enslave the lot. The though of humans and Tau interbreeding seems highly unlikely, if not disugusting.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:52 pm
Lt. Brookman
Humans and orks working together? Orks would enslave the lot. The though of humans and Tau interbreeding seems highly unlikely, if not disugusting.

The genetics wouldn't work at all. People in this guild don't seem to understand that the genetic coding of both parents has to be damned near identical in order for them to have children.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:09 am
this is why I put this up, to hammer out the problems, besides I've seen humans go over to the tau side I figured if humans could do it to them, sides I saw somone draw a halfbreed and it looked cool.
and the orks do rule over the humans, but their warbosses are "smartur den da average ork" and have the "humies" doing what they want by a carrot and stick approach.  

Iron Wolf 85

Xenos Mortium

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 10:35 am
1) 98 million? I don't see how they're still alive. You realize that Earth (one planet) has over 6 billion, right?

2) Your percentages only add up to 95%. What are the other 5%, heretics? You already harbour mutants, and consort with the Xenos. I suggest purging. Low population, extremely spread out. Should make for easy extermination, allowing planets to be easily repopulated.

3) I think he's saying that the castes interbred with each other, rather than that they bred with humans. At any rate, I still think that the Tau would have fought to the death in this instance, the sight of their Ethereal making them enter some sort of bloodrage.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:10 pm
Changed the %
orks breed fast being the fungus men that they are.
still that population figure included the scavager fleets in it.
Other than a few hive cities the largest population precent is with the fleets  

Iron Wolf 85

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:03 pm
Iron Wolf 85
Changed the %
orks breed fast being the fungus men that they are.
still that population figure included the scavager fleets in it.
Other than a few hive cities the largest population precent is with the fleets

Then they'll die all that much faster. If the majority of their population is out in space, then there's fewer people at home to guard the lands.

Also...yeah. Get rid of the Orks. THey'd rip everything apart "just for da fun of a good scrap."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:47 am
understood, this is why it's on the boards.
besides I do want them in ork infested territory, keeps the imperum away and the image of them developing new and inventive ways to kill large numbers of orks is priceless.
still only The Federation of Alekseev has both Humies and orks. They've got their own background but we're not here to debate that.
and I meant that the planets are well populated and defended, but there is a large percent of men and women in the fleet something like 40%
not to mention some of these fleets are in the home guard.
hell Cadia is something like 87% militarized (but they are near the eye of terror)  

Iron Wolf 85

Glorious Leader Luna

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 5:00 am
The population a bit low for 24 worlds or am i not getting something?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:25 am
meh that's why it was supposed to be so high.
since you people keep wanting me to change it you pick out the population number  

Iron Wolf 85

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:19 pm
They are not making you, you ask for feedback and you shall receive. Be glad.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:48 am
Iron Wolf 85
meh that's why it was supposed to be so high.
since you people keep wanting me to change it you pick out the population number

Well earth has 6 billion times that by 24 that's 144 billion though that would mean that all the worlds are like earth no worlds colonize for a single job aka forge-like worlds farming mining and the like
it also matters when the original colony ship/s left.

not that i am telling you to change it its just that 89 million is just a very small number of the size of the empire  

Glorious Leader Luna

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Iron Wolf 85

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:34 pm
that's the empire they throw billions of men into the military meatgrinder at any given time all across the galaxy.
the Empire's population is so huge they never bothered to count because it would take too long.
New Sol has a few worlds devoted to industry, but can prodouce more and better quality stuff with less manpower, because they are much more mechinized than the imperum (true humans must be present to maintain the machines and make sure nothing bad happens). Not to mention each scavagner fleet is like a forge world all on it's own.  
Fiction Subforum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff