Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

books
  hurray
View Results

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:50 pm
Any Saintcrow fans out there? She writes some dark fantasy stories and she really good at making very flawed, yet likable characters. Her Jill Kismet series is very good. The Dante Valentine books were also good.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 7:54 pm
I read the first two books in her Dante Valentine series. They were all right. But she published so many, so fast (compared to most authors I read), that I just fell behind and I have no desire to catch up. <.< I think I'm behind three books? I don't even know. They were okay. They just aren't high enough up on my to-read list. n.n"  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:41 pm
There are 5 Dante Valentine books. I had some trouble with that series. The main character got so annoyinh with all her issues. She needed to get over herself. I really like the Jill Kismet series and there's only 3 of them I believe. Jill wasn't as neurotic as Dante. wink  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:07 am
Okay, so I am three books behind. Yeah, she definitely had some issues. What's the Jill Kismet series about?  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 6:51 pm
It is a present day setting and Jill is a Hunter who deals with the things the regular cops can't handle: rogue weres, demons, people who traded with demons for superhuman abilities, etc.
In the first book she is hunting a rogue were who is acting unusual for a rogue. In the second book someone/thing is disembowling & mauling the local working girls.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:02 pm
Ooo. That sounds like more my style than the Dante Valentine series. I'll check it out next time I go to the bookstore. Thanks!  

NightIntent
Captain

Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces