Submit

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 3:14 pm
Looking for a place to brag about the book you read that didn't even have any pictures?
Look no further!

This thread is for the discussion of books you are currently reading, or have just finished reading.
Tell us what you think of the book.
Ask if anyone can think of books you might like based on what you've read.
Look through the thread to see if there are any books mentioned that you might like.
And so on and so forth.

Before we start this off, I would like to add that a thread full of the following example would be boring. So lets all think outside the box and expand our horizons with new and exciting reads.

Example:
Quote:
i'm reading twilight
Quote:
OMG ME TOO!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:18 pm
Nothing right now. I finished Twilight today (ZOMG IT'S AMAZING), and I'm waiting for my copy of New Moon to arrive.

Yes, I'm one of those people. I realize some members of this guild don't like the books, but I'm in love with them. But I would like to say, for the record, I'm not obsessed with Edward. He seems like a great guy but I have a real a terrific boyfriend to obsess over ^_^

Okay I shouldn't make this post too boring, I gotta follow ze rules.

If you are thinking of reading Twilight, give it a try. You might love it, you might not like it that much. Don't think of it as a "goth" novel, it's not really that goth. But it's a terrific story, very well written, and it's a great love story.

I put down Anne Frank in order to read this book. I know I'm supposed to love it but for some reason I just couldn't get into it. I got halfway through the book and thought "screw this, I'm reading Twilight."  

Freedom Fire

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:50 pm
I guess I should contribute too.

I finished Fifty Favorite Operas (Paul England) awhile back. It has nice descriptions of operas that arn't short, but are not too long either. And it isn't dull, at least not in my opinion. I would read this book in the school library during lunch, and I miss it now that I'm finished.
So, in general, it's a nice introductory read.

Speaking of school library, I just checked out a copy of The Brothers Karamazov (Dostoevsky). More on that later?
I am also trying to remember to find the books We (Yevgeny Zamyatin) and The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse (Robert Rankin).  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 7:21 pm
I'm still reading Don Quixote, it's taking me forever! I wish I had more time to devote to it...

I'm also trying to finish the Dune series even though it's getting a little too political for me.

I'm also reading The Divine Comedy, I'm taking my time with it. I only read it if I'm stuck at the airport for three hours or I have to sit in a boring office for a while.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Freedom Fire

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:00 am
XWraith_LordX
I'm still reading Don Quixote, it's taking me forever! I wish I had more time to devote to it...

I'm also trying to finish the Dune series even though it's getting a little too political for me.

I'm also reading The Divine Comedy, I'm taking my time with it. I only read it if I'm stuck at the airport for three hours or I have to sit in a boring office for a while.

Is Don Quixote good? I played the guy in my school production of Camino Real, the story sounds kind of interesting.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:33 am
I'm reading Breaking Dawn
^.^  

MissHorrorstar

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:36 pm
The Kite Runner!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:15 am
XWraith_LordX
The Kite Runner!

I liked that book...now I miss it. crying
I'm finally reading Edgar Allen Poe's short stories...it's just been sitting around the house for so long...neglected...>_>

AdrianaKitten

CurseofDark

Salty Senshi

14,000 Points
  • Divorced 100
  • Party Animal 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:58 pm
His Dark Materials by Philip Pullman(It's a compilation of The Golden Compass, The Subtle Knife and The Amber Spyglass)  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 11:18 am
I'm currently reading I Know Why the Cage Bird Sings by Maya Angelou. It is for school,but, I have been interested in reading the novel as whole since I saw an excerpt of it in my anthology in 7th grade.  

MediaclCunt

AdrianaKitten

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:33 am
Puddn'head Wilson - Mark Twain  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:01 pm
Brisingr by Christopher Paolini, which I just finished about a minute ago.

****SEMI-SPOILER IN WHITE TEXT BELOW******
I can't believe that Oromis died!!!! Why do they always kill my favorite characters???*tears drops from left eye*  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:38 am
The Children of Hurin - JRR Tolkien  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:37 am
I just finished reading "Elantris" by Brandon Sanderson. It was fabulous, but unfortunately my local library doesn't have any of his other novels. sad  

We Have A Winnar

InnisTheMirageOfDeceit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 12:50 pm
Well......Hmmm......
Here's a list of books I've read lately or happen to be reading currently(Sorry, I forget the authors of some):
Eva Underground by Dandi Daley Mackall
The Haunting Of Alaizabal Cray
Generation Dead by Daniel Waters
The Far Side Gallery 3
Hitch Hicker's Guide to the Universe

And as soon as I can remember where I put it, l'm going to start the Maximum Ride series...........My best friend gave it to me for my brithday.  
Art / Poetry / Literature - Related Topics

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff