Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Witch/Wiccan/Pagan Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hypomanic Poet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:17 pm
What do you call yourself? Pagan, Witch, or Wiccan?

For years I called myself and Eclectic Wiccan until I realized that label had been influenced by Silver Ravenwolf's Teen Witch (this was SEVERAL years ago) and realized how fluffy it all was. Now I can comfortably call myself pagan, heavily into the Celtic/Druidic traditions.

What about you?

I just thought of another one..XD

How long have you been a Pagan/Wiccan/Witch? For me, eight years, approximately.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:34 pm
Me, I call myself a witch. I follow my own path, which has nothing to do (most likely) with the thousands of "established" paths out there. I familiarize the goddess with light and the god with dark, and I celebrate the God more often than not, because I tend to be such a night-owl. Which really gets me into trouble with the very few alternative-religion people in my town, most of which are embarasingly fluffy. ^^;  

ceresvalencia

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:57 pm
I've been what I am a lifetime thus far... but I don't tend to title myself with any of the choices you listed and I get down right nasty when people call me a Wiccan.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:41 pm
Discordian

and when people ask "whats that?" they get
"whats what?"
"Discordia!"
"Exactly!"
and so forth.  

Deandriea

Nerd

12,050 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Elocutionist 200

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:53 pm
Deandriea
Discordian

"whats what?"
"Discordia!"
"Exactly!"
and so forth.

golden Apple?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:59 pm
TeaDidikai
Deandriea
Discordian

"whats what?"
"Discordia!"
"Exactly!"
and so forth.

golden Apple?

FNORD!

o it cracked the holy punchbowl and it made the nectar leak, her apple corps is strong!  

Deandriea

Nerd

12,050 Points
  • Healer 50
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Elocutionist 200

StrawberryGumiho

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 5:51 pm
Uh... Out of choices given... Pagan... Though I usually use the term Heathen... Its abit more specific as to what kind of pagan... Also gets funny looks every now and then... biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:29 pm
I consider myself an occultist, but it's a lot more convoluted than that. Let's just say that Discordianism helps keep me sane. One thing I'm not, though, is pagan. Crazy country bumpkins. /jk  

Tsuzuki

WebenBanu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:46 pm
Of the choices, I'm Pagan. I doubt that I qualify as a "witch" anymore, but I might. I do practice "magic," however I simply do it as a matter of course and consider it one of the technical outcomes of a spiritual worldview. I'm definitely not Wiccan, though- but I used to be.^_^

The most specific term for me, however, would be either "Kemetic" or "Kemetic Reconstructionist."

Oh yeah, and I did my original Wiccan dedication in '97, which is when I first identified myself as Pagan. I was sort of agnostic with Pagan leanings before that, but didn't really have a name or a system to set to it, so the boundry line gets fuzzy.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:26 pm
At first I used 'Wiccan' until I got more info...now I just use 'Pagan' until I know more and really decide what path to take. I use magic every now and then...so I would assume 'witch' would be aproprate.

I've studied various froms of paganism for about...5 to 6 years now.  

PurpleDragonsGems

Omnipresent Bookworm

15,850 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Cool Cat 500

maenad nuri
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:59 pm
Pagan. When asked to clarify, I'm a Hellenic Recon or Polytheist, depending on my mood.

I used to be an "Eclectic Wiccan" or Witch
Then "Pagan"
Then a Trad
Then Generic Pagan
Now a recon.

Strange path for what, 7 or 8 years?

I don't consider myself a witch. I don't do witchcraft.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:16 am
To most I just end up using Neopaganism. Or just Paganism if I feel like not being academically correct in usage. I might clarify (redundantly) that I follow an Earth-based spirituality. There's also some Craft elements but I don't take to calling myself a Witch due to some of its more negative meanings and it also doesn't represent the core of what I do as well as "Earth-based spirituality." That element will always be there; other stuff might change though.  

Starlock

MST3Kakalina

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 12:40 pm
you guys get asked about your spiritual paths that often?

anyone who needs to know knows i am some flavour of neopagan/occult oriented. i have been studying magic/paganism/the occult on and off for about six years, though it's really been something that always called me.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:59 pm
I'm working on my way to become a Kemetic Recon. under Aset. Obviously any of those terms, outside of Pagan, don't fit because I usually don't practice any sort of magic unless it is either inside the religion or as a last resort. Not only that but just...I mean...obviously I'm not Wiccan.  

Yukinoko87

Tyrannical Princess

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:47 pm
I consider myself non-religious, since I don't follow a specific religion, even loosely. I also have personal problems associating myself with a group, when I think the group as a whole has a specific connotation I'm not proud of.

You could easily classify me as a Pagan, but I've had others classify me (wrongly) as a Christian, a Buddhist, or an Agnostic. But then again it may just be my academic view of religion getting in the way of labels. I tend to be VERY specific about the terminology I use when speaking of religion.

If I have to associate myself with a group, however, I claim Gnosticism with pagan trends.

And the academic part of me would like me to share this message: "Go Recon! Yeah!"....  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff