dont know if this is legal...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RevlinHeartsblood

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:09 am
...by GW rules anyway

im going to apologize in advance for the brutal pictures, im really sorry, but i couldnt find my camera, so im in a bit of a hurry and used my cellphone, i know "shoot him"

but i need to know (it seems okay to me) if it is legal to do what i want to do

in the first pic here, ive got twin linked plasma rifles on its right arm (left for the viewer) and a burst cannon on its left (right for the viewer)
i have army builder, and it checks out as ok, rules say 3 weapon or support systems, but is there rules against having two guns on one arm?

User Image

and on the second one, i have two burst cannons on its shoulders and a multitracker, or a targetting array depending on the answer of what im about to ask
well, 1, is that legal as well?
and 2, can i take the burst cannons as two separate guns? or do they have to be twin-linked? if they have to be twinlinked, im going to take the +1BS, if not, i would have the multi tracker allowing both to fire separately (twice the dice)

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:45 am
I'm afraid I don't know enough about the Tau codex to tell ya, but they're neat conversions. 3nodding  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Sanguine Syn

5,950 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:07 pm
Same here man..all i know about Tau is they go squish in melee  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:16 pm
Your questions can easily be answered by diligently reading the actual Tau Empire codex book.

Visually it doesn't matter how you do it, as long as the weapons and upgrades are there.

As for your second question: a second weapon system of the same type will make them twin-linked.

My advice: read the codex more carefully.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

RevlinHeartsblood

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:41 pm
i did actually read the codex, thoroughly, i was just making sure, and as for the second one, i just wanted to see if anyone knew if it was possible, ei. seen it somewhere, that kind of thing

but thanks for the help, i think i may do the twinlinked plasma model first, seen as the t-l burst cannon is still unsure (in my mind anyway)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:11 pm
I dont think it would matter, as long as you use the same rules for the stuff you put on it, it should be all good.  

Dregh Omnius -Kody30-

The Black Messiah

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 11:17 pm
The last time I read the Tau codex, it said that you had to actaully show the weapons on the model. (probably to stop f*ckwits who try to pass something off as a difrent weapon every turn), but it doesn't say how, or where you put the weapon (within reason)

Cool conversation as well, send us pictures when you've finished painting them  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:52 pm
hmm, ill just make a post will all my stuff in it when i got them done. let this one die off lol... suppose i shouldnt be posting in here then lol ah well, just keep a lookout for the thread smile  

RevlinHeartsblood

Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff