Goth-y transitions due to emotions.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xX-DeadMansParty-Xx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:09 pm
I'm a bit of a goth-y rollercoaster.
I got into punk and grunge music and style in grade 6 (The Clash, The Sex Pistols, The Misfits, Nirvana)
I was angry at the world at that point. I wanted to blow everything up.
I got into goth from grade 7 to the middle of grade 9 when I stopped being angry and depressed.
Then I got into a very casual boho type style. One day I'd be wearing a T-Shirt with a cute picture, the next I'd be dressed like Joss Stone.
I lead a very very happy life right now.
But then I missed the goth sub-culture. I missed the beauty that originally drew me in when I was depressed. Personally, I've never been into this:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
It looks cool, but not for me.
More like gothic lolita, victorian goth, romantic goth, and perky goth.

What about you guys?
Have your emotions geared your fashion and music tastes?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:41 pm
You're in good company. Personally, where I come from, even a lot of the older goths wear tons of Tripp and Lip Service and mainstream type clothing and I think it looks lame. Find your own style, don't pay attention to brands. I think the romantic look is where it's at really. It's also a good look because it can be more socially acceptable (ie for on the job etc). I say look out for thrift shops, indie designers etc in your area and maybe, if you have to, make your own things (it can be fun!). Supporting independent designers can be expensive, but it's way cooler than being another Hot Topic clone smile

good luck in your search smile  

trampyre

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:25 pm
A preference for emphasis on DIY has pretty clearly drawn me towards traditional and deathrock styles. I love me some thrift stores.

Frankly, however, I can't get behind the aristocratic air of fully-dressed romantigoth (as well as EGA/EGL) fashion.  
Life Issues & Fashion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games