Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

krishnath

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:04 am
Inquiring minds want to know.

And to answer the question myself, yes, yes I do. ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:59 am
I don't know if you noticed, but when we were trading, my Staraptor was named Tweet. XD
I usually don't name my pokemon, unless it's shiny, like my Rayquaza(sp?) which I named Shadow, and my Slowpoke, Pokey. XD I'll also name them if I will be using that pokemon, but I already have one. It's rare, but I do name them at times.  

infamousmrj

krishnath

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:04 pm
I always name my pokemon. I try to find one that fits, but sometimes I just put the first thing that comes to mind (I named my Staraptor Birdie for example. Lol).

I always name certain pokemon in a certain way. For example, all eevees I have ever caught or bred have a name that starts with E. ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:10 pm
lol I saw Birdie. You know, speaking at least for myself, having a Staraptor, with Intimidate, named Tweet, it's a little sad. I mean, could you imagine if this were real? It would get laughed at. XD

See, I just really don't have the brain power to try to think of a name most of the time. XD  

infamousmrj

krishnath

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:39 pm
infamousmrj
lol I saw Birdie. You know, speaking at least for myself, having a Staraptor, with Intimidate, named Tweet, it's a little sad. I mean, could you imagine if this were real? It would get laughed at. XD

See, I just really don't have the brain power to try to think of a name most of the time. XD

Actually, it could be a pretty valid strategy in a world where pokemon where real if you think about it.

Your opponent wouldn't be all that intimidated if all he knew about your pokemon was its name. Then when you pull forth an Adamant Staraptor he will be quite surprised. No? ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:46 pm
lol You have a very valid point. Names could be very misleading. 3nodding  

infamousmrj

krishnath

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 12:55 pm
infamousmrj
Very true. I saw a Riolu on the GTS a while back that was named Chimchar. ^^  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:15 pm
I name my Pokemon, especially my starter and the main pokemon I use. (or Pokemon I like)

For example, my Lucario is named Feardorcha.  

Dark Tanin

Negai Boshi
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:25 pm
I usually nickname Pokemon if they're the second one of that species that I have. I wish I was better at naming them, though. I've seen some really cool names when battling and on the GTS, but I've seem some boring ones too. My sister gives her Pokemon kinda annoying names. Like her Chimchar, that she named Rahcmihc (Chimchar backwards) She can't even pronounce it.....

One of my favorite Pokemon on Sapphire version is my Plusle, who was the first egg I ever hatched, so, thinking I'd never use it, I named him Baby Plus. But I grew attatched to it, and now it's a perminant member of my team. Sometimes my friends give me weird looks, because they expect a Pokemon with the name "baby" to be cute and kinda weak......  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:37 pm
krishnath
infamousmrj
Very true. I saw a Riolu on the GTS a while back that was named Chimchar. ^^

I nickname some of my pokemon like that. My Empoleon is named Forretress and my Torterra is named Zigzagoon. mrgreen  

Ezio Zell Marcun

Junk the Guild

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:23 pm
Not really. but I did nickname my Magmortar, Booburn.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:48 pm
I use the japanese names of pokmom chracters like Haruka and Hikari.  

xDimensionx

Negai Boshi
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:28 pm
xDimensionx

I've done that before, too. I have a Pikachu somewhere named Satoshi. I have several named after characters from other shows, too...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:34 am
Negai Boshi
xDimensionx

I've done that before, too. I have a Pikachu somewhere named Satoshi. I have several named after characters from other shows, too...

Hmm I named my Empoleon Satoshi, Blissey Hikari, Toxicroak Takeshi.
Thats all I can remember. Sometimes I give them normal names like my Roserade Flower. mrgreen  

xDimensionx

Lekituzl

Codger

12,175 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:24 pm
Yup, I name every single one I get. ^^ And they all have different names.

I can come up with some funky stuff. XD  
Pokemon Unleashed

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces