Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)
New Year, New Goals

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aeren
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2005 8:00 pm
Well, im sure many have the resolution to lose weight. The question is~ are you setting realistic goals?

My goal, is to lose 15 lbs by spring break (mid-march). I would like to say this is realistic, but we will see. I think I shall say 10-15 lbs.

I am motivated and ready for a great new year!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:31 am
My goal is to keep up with losing around 2lb each week for as long as I need. I'm fine after about five weeks, but then my concentration breaks. ^^; I just need to keep up my dedication. 3nodding

Good luck, everyone!  

Fuzzykit

Aeren
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:09 am
Thats good that you are concentrating on week to week. I fluctuate too much in my weight loss. I know that 2 lbs a week is the healthiest way to go, but sometimes i'll lose none, and then i'll lose like 5 or something. Weird body of mine :p  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 10:38 am
My goal is to either maintain my weight or lose five pounds.

And maybe to actually get a little active, rather than sitting at home in front of the computer all day. That'd be nice.  

Delaware

Grip of Death
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 1:08 pm
Hey gals! I wanted to post here anyway. I know I have a goal for this year, but at this point I haven't drawn it up. The numbers are important, but it's just as important to alter lifestyles and adjust attitudes. and I know you gals have it, or at least are working on that, else you wouldn't be posting here smile

We can do it! heart  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:17 pm
*hugglies Grip*

Yes, attitude is so important. And having the encouragement of others going through the same really rocks..

anyone doing anything special or different now than they did last year? or plan to?  

Aeren
Crew

Fuzzykit

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:07 am
I am half sad half joyous that there is currently no chocolate in the house. xd

Aeren: The only difference this year is I'm gonna stick to my guns and not break. I hope. ^^;  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2005 9:41 am
FK~ I have a major sweet tooth too. Last night I baked cookies. I'm trying not to scarf them all down immediately but so far for breakfast thats all I've eaten.  

Aeren
Crew

Fuzzykit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:21 am
Argh! /)_(\ Home baked things are my weakness, too. I must not bake anything. -_-;  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2005 1:57 pm
at least when im in school there isn't much baking. there are ovens in the dorms but its a pain you have to check out a cookie sheet and things. so it prevents me from baking.  

Aeren
Crew

Fuzzykit

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 12:45 pm
School's also great because you're always too busy to eat much. >_>; I know I shouldn't, but I never eat lunch at school.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 6:37 pm
schools also good because food service is mostly disgusting which prevents eating. but the problem is, you eventually get hungry and give into the fried foods.  

Aeren
Crew

Grip of Death
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 10:39 pm
Since this is a New Years topic, I guess I will post my resolutions here..

I was just able to form my resolutions today. Most of my resolutions I'm listing here are either a continuation of what I was doing last year, or an improvement learned from mistakes last year.

I resolve to
+ Improve my health/fitness, lose weight, and take care of my body
+ To pick up a new hobby/interest
+ To make more efficient use of my time
+ To set apart some time for some mindless excursion

These are just the bare bones. I have details mapped out for some, but not all of them yet.

For my goals of weight loss, I plan on doing many things. I see weight loss as more than a "weight on the scale" issue, I see it under the broader context of health and living a healthier, more harmonious lifestyle. That was an attitude I adopted at the earlier part of the year, but I think I can do better than last year.

Here will be some of my strategies for this year

+ I am keeping a food log. Every morsel going in my mouth will be recorded, and measurements and quantities of food will be listed. However, instead of bothering to count calories, I will just be listing all food down. Counting calories was fun for a month, but got really daunting and unneccesary afterwards. If you ladies are interested in keeping a food log, just ask k? smile

+ Regularly measure myself, on the scale and on the tape measure. Although these measurements arn't at all accurate to use, it's better than nothing. I plan on doing it once a week.

+ Focus on eating nutritious, good foods instead of focusing on shunning the "bad" foods. I think having optimism about food choices helps the person.

+ I will also work out at the school gym. I have listed days of the week in order to work out. It is a free facility. You just gotta seize any opportunity which can let you work out. I wish I could venture around in my own neighborhood, but people do not restrain their huge dogs. else I'd be out there every single day. Walking/jogging can put you in a pleasent mental state.

+ That's all for now... I may add some as I deem fit.

Instead of focusing on dropping the pounds themselves, I am going to focus on working out more and losing body fat.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005 8:04 pm
My (late) goal is to start eating square meals a day, avoid the junk during the week, lose 10 - 15 lbs for the end of June and 60 lbs for next January. smile  

Indie_Marauder

Emotional Klutz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:17 am
I'd wanna lose like 100 pounds, but my mom said I'd die... so yea ^^"  
Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games