Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Same Place, Same Time, New Perspective

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NoSuchCreature

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:58 pm
For what it's worth, Anton LaVey asserted, "If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained."

I used to do sort of a ritual, where at various "right" times I would go out barefoot to a certain place outside, kneel down, and share a toast of rainwater to whatever shapes and thoughts may move that part of the world around. It may very well have been self-fulfilled prophecy, but every time I did this, something bizarrely lucky would happen to me soon after, things I'm convinced are too uncanny to happen on their own.

I stopped doing this when I left home for college, and I pulled together an emphasis on other ideas and beliefs, not necessarily opposed to my former ones, but with different emphases. I came home this summer with plans of staying fit and becoming more flexible and acrobatic, but instead loafed around playing video games and throwing off sleep patterns.

Just today, after staying up all night and getting by on a morning energy drink, I had the sudden urge to warm up, do pushups, do crunches, and stretch. I then went outside and, in a strangely fulfilling mania, went into various forms of tumbling.

With no prior success I maintained a roll into a handstand and found myself able to do splits.

I later realized I was doing this in almost the exact same place that I used to do my "toasts."

Is this a very common thing? About how often does a person see old forgotten practices bring themselves back to center view, all on their own? How exactly does a person go about re-explaining a phenomenon to themselves?

Oh, and long time no see.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:09 pm
Welcome back Sweets.

Okay- so, one of the "oddball" things of my youth.
I'm a fan of different elemental concepts and systems- even before I was exposed to the pagan scene, I had an elemental, animistic and polytheistic view of the world.

As a child I had named four spirits, all of them had names that ended their spelling with "dd"- which make a "th" sound.

I did artwork of them for most of my youth as well.

Flash forward about thirteen years or so to when I was in my late teens. I was softly singing a madeup song that had the names of these spirits as I walked along the beach with my aunt when she asked me why I was mispronouncing the names by adding the "dd" sound at the end.

It was like licking a battery. A sudden jolt of "D'oh! Damnit Tea!? Why have you been wasting all these years!"  

TeaDidikai

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff