Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
an little bit offensive and a whole lot funny

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Boadicia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:57 pm
I was in the college library yesterday and came by a book that had baffled me. It was a book on witchcraft (supposedly) written by a Christian minister. It was a fearmongering piece of work warning readers about how Satan uses witchcraft to make people act up as part of his dastardly plan against God.

If a child asks a parent for something, and the parent says no, and then the child goes to the other parent in hopes of getting a yes, would you consider this normal behavior for a child? Well, according to the book, if a child does this, he's being influenced by witchcraft. eek

He also said that all forms of rebellion (he put it in italics himself) were acts of witchcraft and demonic influence. I had to wonder, when those black kids sat at that all-white lunch counter in Greensboro, NC to rebel against segregation, were they being influenced by the devil?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:04 pm
Within the realm of scripture (English that is) this is a fair representation of some of the more fundamentalist views- yes.  

TeaDidikai

Boadicia

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:47 pm
It's kind of scary to think that someone somewhere is taking this book at face value. I wonder how many children may get screwed because their parents believe this and may take it too far.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:13 pm
Boadicia
It's kind of scary to think that someone somewhere is taking this book at face value. I wonder how many children may get screwed because their parents believe this and may take it too far.
My suspicion? The same number of kids who will be screwed without it being published. Those kinds of things are only taken to extremes in specific circles that already accept it as a valid theological argument.  

TeaDidikai

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff