Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Teams
Rate my team, please. (advice is appreciated)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dark Tanin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:46 am
Name: Infernape
Nickname: Ares
Lvl: 53
Nature: Modest
Item: Fist Plate

Attacks: Flamethrower, Close Combat, Solarbeam, Mach Punch

Name: Glaceon
Lvl: 60
Nature: Quiet
Item: Icicle Plate

Attacks: Bite, Ice Fang, Blizzard, Icy Wind

((Is there a TM for Ice Beam?))

Name: Leafeon
Nickname: Konoha
Lvl: 62
Nature: Lax
Item: Miracle Seed

Attacks: Giga Drain, Synthesis, Razor Leaf, Quick Attack

Name: Garchomp
Nickname: Requin
Lvl: 67
Nature: Quiet
Item: Draco Plate

Attacks: Dragon Claw, Dragon Pulse, Dig, Dragon Rush

Name: Staraptor
Nickname: Avian
Lvl: 45 (need to level him up, I know)
Nature: Rash
Item: Sky Plate

Attacks: Fly, Defog, Close Combat, Aerial Ace

(Note: I don't know what pokemon to put in my last slot. A little help there would be appreciated, lol.)

((Also note, I do not use legendaries in my main teams.))  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:09 am
First of all, drop the solar beam from your Infernape. It takes way to long to use, so you will be dead to the water or ground pokemon long before it charges.
Secondly, the Infernape is either a good physical or special attacker, not both, so I suggest you retrain it to be either one or the other.
If you go special use this moveset:
Flamethrower, Grass Knot, Calm Mind, and then keep Close Combat as the STAB move.
If you go Physical then use this moveset:
Flare Blitz, Close Combat or Mach Punch (not both), Bulk Up, Earthquake.

Glaceon: Use the Glaceon's high SP. atk to your advantage: Ice Beam (Yes it can learn it), Mirror Coat, Hail, Blizzard.

Leafeon: High attack and defense, us it: Leaf Blade, Synthesis (good healing move), X-scissor, Aerial Ace.

Garchomp: Again a good pokemon for a physical setup, try this: Crunch, Dragon Claw (STAB), Fire Fang (heartscale, deals with opposing ice and grass), Earthquake (more STAB),

Staraptor: Pretty much good as is.

As for your sixth member, I would suggest either a good water type or a psychic/ghost. For the water type I would recommend either one of the four water starters, a Wailord, Milotic, Kingdra, or Whiscash. For the Ghost, I would go with the classic Gengar, and for the psychic, I would probably pick either a Gardevoir that knows Thunderbolt, or an Alakazam with the elemental punches.  

krishnath

Dark Tanin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:18 am
krishnath
First of all, drop the solar beam from your Infernape. It takes way to long to use, so you will be dead to the water or ground pokemon long before it charges.
Secondly, the Infernape is either a good physical or special attacker, not both, so I suggest you retrain it to be either one or the other.
Flamethrower, Grass Knot, Calm Mind, and then keep Close Combat as the STAB move.

Glaceon: Use the Glaceon's high SP. atk to your advantage: Ice Beam (Yes it can learn it), Mirror Coat, Hail, Blizzard.

Leafeon: High attack and defense, us it: Leaf Blade, Synthesis (good healing move), X-scissor, Aerial Ace.

Garchomp: Again a good pokemon for a physical setup, try this: Crunch, Dragon Claw (STAB), Fire Fang (heartscale, deals with opposing ice and grass), Earthquake (more STAB),

As for your sixth member, I would suggest either a good water type or a psychic/ghost. For the water type I would recommend either one of the four water starters, a Wailord, Milotic, Kingdra, or Whiscash. For the Ghost, I would go with the classic Gengar, and for the psychic, I would probably pick either a Gardevoir that knows Thunderbolt, or an Alakazam with the elemental punches.

I've been trying to get a Milotic, but I always max out the number of poffins I can give it before I get maxed beauty. (I had a Milotic in my Emerald, but I lost the game on a plane crying )

Also, what lvl does Leafeon learn Leaf Blade? Same goes to Glaceon and the Ice Beam attack.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:22 am
Dark Tanin
krishnath

I've been trying to get a Milotic, but I always max out the number of poffins I can give it before I get maxed beauty. (I had a Milotic in my Emerald, but I lost the game on a plane crying )

Also, what lvl does Leafeon learn Leaf Blade? Same goes to Glaceon and the Ice Beam attack.

Never use a poffin that is less than Lv. 17. Using poffins of that level or higher you only need to feed the feebas 10 poffins for it to be beautiful enough to evolve. I recommend using Apricot berries if you got them (if you do, would you care to trade me one?), else Wiki or Pamtre berries are fine to use. I used Wiki-berries.

As for Glaceon, it can only learn Ice Beam via TM. But since it is easily re-obtainable, that's not really a problem.

Leafeon learns Leaf Blade at level 71. Which is quite high, but obtainable.  

krishnath

Dark Tanin

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:41 am
krishnath
Dark Tanin
krishnath

Never use a poffin that is less than Lv. 17. Using poffins of that level or higher you only need to feed the feebas 10 poffins for it to be beautiful enough to evolve. I recommend using Apricot berries if you got them (if you do, would you care to trade me one?), else Wiki or Pamtre berries are fine to use. I used Wiki-berries.

As for Glaceon, it can only learn Ice Beam via TM. But since it is easily re-obtainable, that's not really a problem.

71!?

Hmm...alright, Leafeon is one of my favorites, anyway. It shouldn't be that hard to get it that high. And can I buy Ice Beam in Veilstone?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:06 am
Dark Tanin
krishnath
Dark Tanin
krishnath

71!?

Hmm...alright, Leafeon is one of my favorites, anyway. It shouldn't be that hard to get it that high. And can I buy Ice Beam in Veilstone?

Yes, but not in the department store. You can get it in the game corner.  

krishnath

Dark Tanin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:58 am
krishnath
Dark Tanin
krishnath
Dark Tanin
krishnath

71!?

...I hate the Game Corner...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 1:55 am
Dark Tanin
krishnath
Dark Tanin
krishnath
Dark Tanin
krishnath

71!?

...I hate the Game Corner...

I find it to be horribly easy. ^^

There are guides out there if you are having trouble. ^^  

krishnath

xDimensionx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:53 pm
Id agree with krishnath but in addition maybe teach it brave bird and u-turn. Thats all I got.  
Teams

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games