Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
The 2008 Olympics are getting more suspicious everyday. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jelai

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:33 am
Okay, first it was the fake fireworks, which was saved by NBC's defense of having their broadcasters say "here is a cinematic diagram of the fireworks being...etc.". But still...

...next, we had the mimed singing.
Then the little boy earthquake survivor holding an upside-down Chinese flag.
Then we had the under-aged Chinese gymnasts.

And now...this?

Quote:
Everyone was faked out - Two Chinese gold medalists are actually, Titanium robots!
- 14:35 pm EDT (ATPS)

Breaking News – The spark of truth lit up when RTR reporter Don Wotjz noticed the unusual body motion and “calmness” shown by the two Chinese divers, Wang Xin and Chen Ruolin. During the 10-meter platform synchronization finals in the Water Cube on August 12, while viewers were stunned by Wang and Chen’s unbelievable precision, Don also noticed something overlooked by the overwhelmed audience - the exact same physical profiles that only belong to the twins - but they have different last names.

Don went on to investigate the histories of these two "athletes". It became obvious quickly that neither existed two years ago, at least according to the international knowledge. In addition, their prior records were incredibly simple, or incomplete. It's almost impossible to find out any past stories about them, if there were truly any.

The spark of truth became even brighter when Don got hold of a Chinese magazine - Official China Weekly. On the June 8, 2006 issue, there was an article about Hi-Tech robots made for the Olympic Games. It stated that at least two Titanium robots were completed, by HuaWei Technology Corp (http://www.huawei.com). The article didn't specify what the robots would be used for. Given all the Hi-Tech elements shown in the opening ceremony, it's not too much of a stretch that they were made to "divers".

During the investigation, Don also met an American (Anderson Brown) who was at the Water Cube on August 12, telling him what he saw during the contest. Anderson witnessed a group of five men in a luxury viewing box, with some complex equipments, probably remote control/monitoring device. They were not interested in the dives, except of the Chinese divers. In fact, Anderson recalled, their attention was always focused on the Chinese divers, regardless what else was going on in the Water Cube.

Don presented his findings to the IOC this morning, along with some other strong evidence yet to be disclosed. Given the inarguable facts, IOC officials promised a thorough investigation.

No news matches the magnitude of this one. Although previous accusations on the simulated firework or lip sync generated big fanfares, after all they were parts of a performance show, openly announced by the Chinese to the public. But the impact and damage of this one can never be under-estimated.

Meanwhile, Don has instantly become a hero, and the most famous reporter today. Asked about how he feels, he said: "Great, it helped me getting over the fact that China is sitting on top of my country on the medal stand… I’m also glad that I made it ahead of other people. If I don’t make up this story, they will."

-Scott Swanson, Beijing

I'm not sure if this is true or not, because I found this on a blog comment and the commenter didn't post a link to the source. I tried to look all over the internet for a source on this but the only one that I can find so far is in this article, where "Leon Taylor, of the Great Britain team, described the Chinese divers “as robots.” He wasn't the only one to find, as he put it, “something vaguely dehumanizing about their perfect symmetry. You’d think they were identical twins.”  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:09 pm
O.o Looks sooooo fake. Robots are unlikely. Super soldiers are a more probable conclusion. scream  

Kyros_DeLove

6,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100

Jelai

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:18 pm
^
Lol yeah. I thought there was something suspicious about this article too. It seem quite unrealistic, which is why I was looking all over the internet for the original source.

I don't even think that we can get such Ghost in the Shell-like robots until...a few more centuries. xD;

But I have found yet another Chinese Olymipc suspicion:
China's Gold Medals Found to Have High Lead Content

I knew there was something strange about those gold-plated medals. They look too yellow to look like real gold. At first I thought that the reason why they 'gold-plated' it was because of cost issues.

the games are getting weirder and weirder everyday.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:18 pm
The brutal training those athletes go through... no wonder they seem like robots.

To some in China, if you don't win, if you're not perfect, you are nothing. I've seen it for myself. It's freaking unbelievable.

Hawt Damn

MizukiLee

Friendly Explorer

5,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:25 am
I think the article you brought us is a rumor, Jelai. (Though I first perceived it as true X__x;.) I've been trying to find the source of the article and all I got was the article in comments and replies in forums. I think someone out there is spreading a rumor and having people pass it around. And I can't imagine robots that can already look like humans and walk like humans. We're that hi-tech already? gonk Nah...

And in those forums I've checked, there were heavy criticism about the Chinese regarding the Olympics.; Like this one:

http://forum.atimes.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13412

Long, but if you're not busy, read it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:05 pm
Geeez. So much controversial stuff with this year's Olympics...it's so sad.  

Kyros_DeLove

6,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100

Jelai

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:38 pm
MizukiLee
I think the article you brought us is a rumor, Jelai. (Though I first perceived it as true X__x;.) I've been trying to find the source of the article and all I got was the article in comments and replies in forums. I think someone out there is spreading a rumor and having people pass it around. And I can't imagine robots that can already look like humans and walk like humans. We're that hi-tech already? gonk Nah...

And in those forums I've checked, there were heavy criticism about the Chinese regarding the Olympics.; Like this one:

I first thought it was real too. ^^; Until I read the whole article. xD;

wth? I landed on that page a few nights ago...lol

gee. It's no wonder why out of the blue, China wins like...45+ medals. And when was the last time China ever won any gold? Decades ago, or so I've heard.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:03 pm
-sigh-

사랑해~ ㅋㅋㅋ

[purple banana]

Chinese Chami

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:37 pm
Jelai
MizukiLee

I first thought it was real too. ^^; Until I read the whole article. xD;

wth? I landed on that page a few nights ago...lol

gee. It's no wonder why out of the blue, China wins like...45+ medals. And when was the last time China ever won any gold? Decades ago, or so I've heard.

----

Oh, actually, that's not true. I've seen official "olympic highlight re-caps" like, a day before the Olympics started, and China had earned 63 medals in the 2004 Athens Olympics, 32 which were gold. Then in 2000, China has earned 59 medals, 28 of which were gold. Actually, this whole time, they've just been building up in steady, realistic increments.

Also, reading the second article, I really have lost credibility in those posts. For example:
Quote:
The news about the potentially toxic gold medals spread panic among Olympic champions, especially U.S. swimming phenom Michael Phelps.

"I am very, very concerned about my extensive contact with gold medals," Mr. Phelps told reporters. "But what am I supposed to do? Stop being so awesome?"

Honestly, you all know that Michael Phelps was just so grateful and happy, and didn't act like some egomaniac when he had reached 8 for 8 gold medals. Or how about:
Quote:
In other Olympic news, China's hopes for winning more medals in women's gymnastics were dashed when one of their leading gymnasts vanished down a bathtub drain on Tuesday.

Immediately after Jiang Qimin's disappearance, Beijing authorities launched a search for the acclaimed seven-pound athlete.

Jiang had been the subject of speculation earlier this week as many foreign observers doubted China's claims that the two-foot-tall gymnast was sixteen years old.

In an interview with NBC's Bob Costas on Monday, Jiang sparked controversy with this response to a question about her age: "I want my sippy cup."

Uhm, what are they talking about?! I've got all the crazy unrealistic parts bolded. Of course, I suppose you could all argue that the whole article was an exaggeration, but wouldn't that be the same with the "Titanium robot" one? And why would they talk about Chinese gymnastics when the subject is fake gold medals?! Professionals would never do such things, or they'd change the article title. .

..............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................
----

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:13 am
^ ...*shakes head*
I know right. Articles these days.

right now I can't fully open my browser tabs for some reason, but I think that came off the Huffington post right? *didn't care to remember* xD; I did read the article but I forgot the company's name. I heard from one blogger that Huffington post is full of bias and crap anyway. I don't know much about the company, but I have a feeling that the whole news site is just one big satire sarcasm thing.

and Michael Phelps would never say anything like that. That sounds more like my ex-boyfriend than Phelps. >.>;; Phelps seems like a down-to-earth and caring guy.

*sigh*
Next up on the 'weird Olympikz' podium:

the gymnastics scoring system...

RIGGED!
NASTIA SHOULD'VE WON GOLD FOR UNEVEN BARS!!!! scream scream scream scream  

Jelai

vokee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:49 am
True or not, that's some crazy stuff.

x_x  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:28 am
I know there is something really controversially weird going on.  

Pandaccino

MizukiLee

Friendly Explorer

5,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:39 pm
China won some medals back then but I still believe that China train their athletes severely and crucially. (Up to the point where it's almost torture.)

@ Chinese Chanai: I didn't understand what they were talking about either. X__x; I thought they were rambling on about an inside joke. Thanks for clearing some stuff for us.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:45 am
Did you just said "robots"...?
There, There *pat you in the head while calling the hospital*  

-Dotted-Delete

SLURPEE_E

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:59 pm
Kyros_DeLove
Geeez. So much controversial stuff with this year's Olympics...it's so sad.

I agree.  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces