Welcome to Gaia! ::

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Back to Guilds

Reply Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People
How Accepting is the Asian Community of Mixed Asians?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How Accepting Are You of "Blasians"?
  Pretty Accepting
  I Don't Care
  Very Accepting
  Not Accepting
View Results

NOMNOMCupcake

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 8:25 pm
So, I was at a nail salon (of course, getting my toes done) and someone mistook me for Chinese person that tans alot. As far as I know, I'm not Asian (but I have always thought it was likely because of my eyes, which are almond-shaped). This got me thinking, and I wonder how accepting the Asian community would be of someone who's "Blasian" or "Blackanese"? Hmm...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 9:13 pm
KILL THEM ALL!!!! scream  

HentaiTentacleDemon

Questionable Lover

Euphoric Ghost

Kawaii Cub

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 12:42 am
It depends on where the Asian community is? I don't know.

I'm not really sure what's the reception to asian/black mixes just because I don't think I've seen the reaction from an Asian community? But I've been around asian/caucasian/latino reactions and are generally welcomed.

It's cool though blond blue eyes for a few weeks, then suddenly, some of them lose it, and goes hazel to brown/black eyes and brown/black hair.

I know my dad wouldn't mind whatever my kid would be.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 3:02 am
When you were talking about "Asian mix", I thought you meant Asian mix as in:

Chinese/Japanese
Korean/Japanese
Vietnamese/Chinese
Filipino/Chinese/Japanese
Thai/Laotian/Chinese/Cambodian

etc.

lol.

well it depends.

You'll be just fine at most Asian communities. But that doesn't mean that they still have their handfuls of racists. If you run across an Asian Nationalist, they might not take you so lightly. They'd rather not just talk to you and scoff you off. But if you run across an Asian Supremacist...oh boy. Stay away AT ALL COSTS.

It's like a black person running into a White Nationalist or WS.

(yes, there is a difference between nationalism and supremacism. Nationalists don't want to take care of all the mixed race/non-race-of-their-kind people and would rather live seperately from them and preserve their 'purebloodedness', while supremacists on the other hand...well, you know. Mass genocide, last race standing, etc.)

Jelai

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff