ska is dead 3 reviews

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AnonymousJoe

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 12:44 pm
i think its well known enough to have a thread for reivews

Last night i went to ska is dead/3 floors of ska in NYC and it was ******** awesome. The Toasters played Pool Shark and Decision At Midnight which they never played, they didnt play Talk is Cheap though, Mustard Plug was insane best time ive ever seen them, Planet Smashers were pretty bad so i went to a different floor and checked out a local band named The Superspecs and they were ******** awesome, Westbound Train was insane except for the assholes who were moshing to them so i pushed those kids out of the pit and nearly punched them in the face, SGR never showed up but thats ok becuase the Supervillans came on sooner and every other band got extended sets. And to anyone who went and remembers the glow stick, that was mine and i had a red one but it fell out in the car. That about sums it up  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 9:42 pm
i really wanted to go to that tour but nothing was close enough.  

Two Tone

AnonymousJoe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:21 am
Two Tone Stoner
i really wanted to go to that tour but nothing was close enough.
i was actually pissed at that, last year they had like 12 shows in the northeast this year only 4 what the ********? they missed long island completly even though they always made money there because the venue they played at oversold the tickets both years so i had to convince my parents to drive me to the city and stay until 2 am and then drive me home  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:40 am
Went to the Jersey show last night with Red, ******** awesome.
SGR = Cool
Nun The Less (Local NJ band) = I ******** LOVE THESE GUYS! And yes I have ranted about them here before. Seriously, come out to NJ, see them play.
Westbound Train = The sound of The Specials, the vocals of The Mighty Mighty Bosstones. A most excellent combination
Planet Smashers = Orgy party! xd
Mustard Plug = Wasn't too impressed, but they were still good
The Toasters = Classic 2nd wave at it's finest! Skanked my a** off to them last night, even more than I did to Nun The Less, and THAT was a lot of skanking  

Ivan The Somekinda-Punk

AnonymousJoe

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 11:29 am
Ivan_The_Punk
Went to the Jersey show last night with Red, ******** awesome.
SGR = Cool
Nun The Less (Local NJ band) = I ******** LOVE THESE GUYS! And yes I have ranted about them here before. Seriously, come out to NJ, see them play.
Westbound Train = The sound of The Specials, the vocals of The Mighty Mighty Bosstones. A most excellent combination
Planet Smashers = Orgy party! xd
Mustard Plug = Wasn't too impressed, but they were still good
The Toasters = Classic 2nd wave at it's finest! Skanked my a** off to them last night, even more than I did to Nun The Less, and THAT was a lot of skanking
nice, SGR didnt show up at the NYC show because the lead singer got caught in traffic  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 3:24 pm
That sucks, dude. they put on a pretty good set.  

Ivan The Somekinda-Punk

UreshiiNyoko

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 4:21 pm
They skipped over LI and that makes me angry domokun I'm extremely jealous your aprents were willing to let you out (I also had a marching band competition during the day so that's another factor)  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:49 pm
UreshiiNyoko
They skipped over LI and that makes me angry domokun I'm extremely jealous your aprents were willing to let you out (I also had a marching band competition during the day so that's another factor)
yes it does, my marching band compitition is in like 3 weeks but we get to play mario, tetris, zelda, and a ddr song  

AnonymousJoe

Ivan The Somekinda-Punk

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:57 am
My parents have no say in what shows I go to. xd  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:59 am
Ivan_The_Punk
My parents have no say in what shows I go to. xd
but you drive right? when you were 14 im sure they did unless your like an orphan in which your legal guardian does  

AnonymousJoe

UreshiiNyoko

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:21 pm
AnonymousJoe
UreshiiNyoko
yes it does, my marching band compitition is in like 3 weeks but we get to play mario, tetris, zelda, and a ddr song

My seasons already started up. Our instructor is pretty classic in his style. We follow more of a DCI type style. It's awesome. heart  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:17 pm
UreshiiNyoko
AnonymousJoe
UreshiiNyoko

My seasons already started up. Our instructor is pretty classic in his style. We follow more of a DCI type style. It's awesome. heart
cool, our instructer is crazy and im a drummer and the entire drum section is fun because were bored so well put everything down and go to sleep  

AnonymousJoe

Red-Baron

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:49 pm
OMG IT WAS INSANE!!!!! domokun  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 12:56 pm
*cries* Im in England- damn ocean!  

girl_no_13

AnonymousJoe

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:42 pm
girl_no_13
*cries* Im in England- damn ocean!
westbound train and the toasters are doing a european tour after ska is dead so dont worry about it  
Rude Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games