Reply An Anime Addict's Guild
Anime popular?? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Placeboraw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:12 pm
In my cousins school (in Mexico) if anyone who watches anime or has anything to do with it are ignored and hated and stuff.

In my school i have group of friends that are anime fans and we are okay i mean we have friends and stuff and i dont think anyone hate us. i hope not sweatdrop

So is anime popular in ur school or is it hated?? or is it common in where u live either way it's almost the same question  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:09 am
where i live it's got a small. but passionate, crowd.  

Robiroth

TatsujinUrutora

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:24 am
At my old school our anime club would always be huge at the begining of the year then diminish to the same people after a few months (me included in the same people =P) I wouldn't say we were hated or disliked in any way, but there was the occational jerk who act like anime was stupid and japan sucked..... We didn't take kindly to it if you know what I mean... I mean seriously if you are ignorant enough to think anime stinks that just shows how shallow you are, there are a ton of deep and emotionaly moving anime, then theres a fun filled fighintg or adventure anime, it's limitless, there are so many anime out there that ANYONE should be able to find an anime to really connect to. (sry for long post =P)  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:46 am
Well Im located in hillbilly hell so the only thing that matters here is "fooseball" xd but surprisingly there are a lot of anime addics here sweatdrop even a few on the football team so for me the question is does anyone "not" like anime at my school.  

Master cade

My_Wolfs_Wings

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:24 pm
Anime is pretty popular in my school. I mean we do have the occasional people who say bad stuff about anime but I mean that's everywhere. All in all, people just leave us anime lovers alone. There are a lot of people who either like, watch, have seen, or are okay with anime at my school.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:25 am
In my school theres a small chunk. But in the area I live in there's a lot.  

Sleepy Nia

luulamax

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:39 pm
Not everyone is into it at my school but a large % does enjoy anime.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:50 pm
Well in my high school there was a pretty large group of us who enjoyed anime. As for my college... I really don't know, I just started and it has an omega huge population. I can say that in my family I am teased for my love of anime and manga although there are other people in my family who likes anime. I'm mainly teased by my brother who introduced me to anime in the first place. He likes anime too, but I guess not as much as I do, so he teases me about it alot.  

Zumae

Da_Nuke

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:50 pm
Serina878
In my cousins school (in Mexico) if anyone who watches anime or has anything to do with it are ignored and hated and stuff.

Your cousin's school in Mexico? confused Here in Guadalajara, at least at the Instituto de Ciencias, if you say you like anime, chances are they'll just see it as something normal. In fact, my senior homeroom was so full of otakus we actually started an unofficial anime trading circle!

Of course, it varies with which school are you talking about. If you go to the UP (Universidad Panamericana), which is for Catholic fundamentalists who are ten times more right-wing than Sarah Palin, chances are you'll get at least stalked by a "counselor" for watching Very Evil and Immoral Oriental Drawings that Pervert our Christian Youth. You go to Monterrey Tech or the UVM, which are like the preppy colleges, and you'll probably get labeled a weirdo geek by the brain-dead masses. You go to the ITESO, which is like the liberal college, and it's between "nothing unusual" and "might even make you more popular"!  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:07 pm
Well my cousin lives in obregon so i dont know maybe its different there but there r ppl in obregon that like anime and r big otakus lol  

Placeboraw

YumeOibito07

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:29 pm
in our school,it's kinda ignored.as if it doesn't exist to most students,except for anime-lovers,of course.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:10 am
In my class, there are only six of us who are addicted to anime.

I'm gonna tell you a short story about how my classmates made fun of my friend for liking an anime character.

For physical education, we learn "Arnis" moves...[for those who do not know, this is a type of martial arts that involves wooden sticks, and you use it to defend or to attack an opponent] and one time, we had our practical test. My friend, a super anime fan, loved this lesson because she thought she could act like her favorite anime character. She did well on the practical test, but got laughed at by my classmates, cracking jokes like, "She's trying to look like an anime character, what a joke."

They ignore anime...and sometimes, they even criticize it even if they do not even try watching it. It sometimes bothers and irritates me to hear them rant about my love for anime....sorry. sweatdrop  

ladyyk

Da_Nuke

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:47 am
Serina878
Well my cousin lives in obregon so i dont know maybe its different there but there r ppl in obregon that like anime and r big otakus lol

You mean, Ciudad Obregón, Sonora? If it's so, then I don't think the otaku community there is that small... it's 200,000 people living over there, and among all these people there's obviously someone who shares our interests. 3nodding

The problem would come if it was like a 5000-people-town... but considering the otaku scene is huge in this 4 million people city I'm dwelling in, I find it strange that your cousin has it hard voicing his otaku goodness. Especially because everybody in this country, and that is, everybody, has watched at least 4 anime series during the nineties. confused  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 5:41 am
In our school it's not very much loved and not very much hated either..
People are neutral about it..
When you talk about anime they'll just respond with an "Ah.." if they're not anime fans..

Natsumei

Shy Browser

9,300 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Voter 100
  • Cart Raider 100

Spacebeam

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:02 am
Well it depends.
Im kinda shy and only one or two people in my school know i watch anime.
My school is stuck in the 80s (the jocks and cheerleaders run the school) so its considered dorky.. . But i dont care, anime is my addiction biggrin  
An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff