Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

SapphireSara3
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:31 pm
>>

So like, every night I run into the same problem.

I stay up until about 12, then realize that I have to get up in 6 hours. Yet, I'm not tired.

I try to go to sleep, but I can't. Even if I take sleeping pills.

I turn my computer off & try to sleep, but I fail, desperate to sleep all night, until I give up & just wander around my house. Then, around 6-7, when I have to wake up, I finally get tired from trying so hard to fall asleep. But then it's time to deal with the day ahead.

I don't know what to do, my parents don't know & everything everybody has recommended hasn't worked. D;

I'm getting desperate for sleep.

& worst thing is I can't cancel work the night before. I did it last week, because we had way too many bakers & I was tired, & I got 4 hate calls. Not to mention people at work talking about me today.

Advice? D:

<<

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:26 pm
You can try eating carbs for dinner since carbs make you sleepy. You can eat pasta, rice, etc. Usually if I can't sleep, I just drink some warm milk.  

HuoXingC

2,550 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

QUANiiEE

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:32 pm
i was having the same problem too. until recently.
try getting a new pillow .. one of those ones from obus forme. : D

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:28 pm
User Image

.:.Yeah that happens to mw sometimes o:
But I usually just wake up automaticly like around 3 and I can't sleep so I just start cleaning my room and listen to the radio until my mom yells at me to go to sleep ;<
Then I jsut lay in my bed day dreaming
.:.

User Image

Unhappy Elf

C h e r r yADE xx

6,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:38 pm
User Image
User Image Adnachie User Image

I got the same problem, but I'm lucky as I don't have work or anything.
Yet.

Try Horlix's or Hot chocolate.
Reading a book.
Counting Sheep.

I think my problem is I think to much.
My mind needs a vacation.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:40 am
Here's some ideas.
Take a hot shower 1 to 2 hours before bed. I have heard it helps. I usually do it RIGHT before bed, but hey, it helps I think.

Sleep aid does s**t if you take it too much. Take a break off of it.
Even then it does s**t for me. But, it might work later in life when you're tired.

Hm, exercise. This seems to help me.
Before bed, I do around 100-200 sit-ups. Then take a hot shower. By then I'm sleepy. I dunno if that is a lot by your standards, just do enough to kinda wear you out. Not as much as exercise as just making your body tired.
Also, I don't do them all at once. I do fifty, take a small break, then go for more. Make a plan that works for you, more or less. This really works for me.

No caffeine for about three hours before you need to go to bed. This is something that is common sense.

Some other things...

White noise. Like fans and such.
I cannot sleep without two box fans on high. I have tried, I can't. Probably because I am used to them, but I can't sleep when it is quiet. When I sleep over at a friend's, I am basically screwed. I can't fall asleep, no matter how tired.

I have heard it is a good idea to turn off the TV/computer a couple hours before bed. But, I've never tried it. Doubt anyone will try this. the whole thing about reading before bed never works for me, I'd stay up all night reading a book if I like it. And I have. Many times. Then again, I wasn't trying to sleep...

Wash your bedding often. I sleep much easier when my bedding is clean, for some reason. I tend to wash it once a week. If I don't, I notice it kinda gets harder to sleep. Dunno why.

I have heard that using your bed for anything other than a bed makes it harder for you to sleep. Like if you watch TV in bed or anything like that.

Music kinda helps. Though, I don't know if you listen to a lot of it. I tent to listen to slower things when I am tired. Stuff that isn't as loud, and is softer. Not sure if it helps. I just have the urge to.

Hmmm... what else...

I guess another thing is to not get USED to staying up late. That really ******** me up, when summer vacation is over, and school was starting. I'd go a week without decent sleep, easy.
(Woohoo for college and setting my OWN time! Hell yeah staying up 'till 5 AM is awesome!)
Whatever time you are used to going to bed really affects you. If I tried to go to bed at, oh, say, 1AM, I probably couldn't. so get your body used to going to bed at whatever time.

If you're not tired, don't even try to sleep. It never works for me. Just do whatever 'till you actually FEEL tired, and feel like you can sleep. Then, work from there.

I don't know if any of these will work, but hey, why the hell not try?

Shryle
Crew

Jebushello

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:46 pm
Hmmm, I've had this exact problem for a while now =/

Mine usually comes and goes though, i usually sleep great all through spring and through most of summer, but for the rest of the year i have a screwed up sleeping pattern (i'm posting this at 5.40am, i haven't slept =/). For the most part i just deal with it, i find if i can keep my mind busy then i can usually last the day, i'll then usually sleep when i get home through til tea (2/3 hours). It's hardly a healthy lifestyle and can really mess up your commitments (i've often spent whole weekends mostly sleeping).

If you do find anything that works for you then post it here. lol.  
Advice & Academic Studies

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games