Reply An Anime Addict's Guild
Where is everyone? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:02 pm
Sorry if this topic doesn't belong in the main forum but I think something needs to be done.I often find that not too many people aren't on,or don't post often,yet this guild has thousands of members who all pledged to be active to join.

I try my best to post but what is the point if no one is here.Perhaps the crew could PM members that haven't been posting or everyone could make an effort to post more often encouraging new members(and old too)to do the same.

I'm not trying to say anything bad about the guild,infact I joined BECAUSE there were so many members so I though it would be very active.Everyday there are only a handful of new posts and very few new threads.

Does anyone agree with me?In any case what are your opinions?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:01 pm
I do agree with you, to some extent.

It could be that many members are part of many other guilds. I myself am part of six guilds. I think it depends on the activities of the day and whether or not they relate to what guilds I'm in. I don't watch anime all the time, so I won't post everday. That's an example.  

gabriellabella590

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:54 am
I understand you,I too am a part of many guilds.However I wasn't asking that people post everyday.Even once a week would be fine,but I think this guild only has a handful (out of 5k)that post regularly.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:39 am
I agree members that dont particapate in the guild should be kicked out  

SomeGuysFriend

Master cade

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:52 am
sweatdrop although it may seem harsh to say but I also agree how ever I am only in one guild this one so its easyer for me to keep track.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:39 pm
I probably post here more than once a week, however, I haven't been around all that long either. Also, I look through the threads, and I post where I have some interest in posting. If all a thread is is a rabid fan fest, I tend to stay away. Also, if a thread is untouched for awhile, I may also stay away.

There are probably many like me who simply don't post more because they don't see something worth wasting their time on. I get a lot of enjoyment out of some threads in this guild, but not all of them. Besides, who are we to complain? Some guilds are absolute ghost towns, with twice as many people who NEVER post.  

directvantage45

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:56 am
I do agree with that,but I hope the problem can be solved before this guild gets like that.I too find little in here of intrest,but people can make new threads,I've been trying to think of some without going off topic.Most of the interesting threads I have already posted in and there isn't much reason to post in again.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:35 pm
At the same time, I want to see intelligent conversation pieces, not a lot of how "awesome sasuke is" etc. We're not there yet, so let's keep posting whatever we can and hope that others follow suit. Much can be started by the actions of a few.  

directvantage45

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:38 pm
That is exactly what I had been saying.I haven't found much to post in here because what threads there are is mostly one big fan fest that has no real substance.A few "intelligent"threads I can think of would have to be maybe why do anime games usually fail and how to make them better,or what anime has had an impact on you in some way,or something like that.Just stating OMG NARUTO IS TEH GREATEST or the like isn't going to draw in the fans the have real brains XD  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:22 pm
The thing is, Cartoon network has made those people that have not experienced more anime greatly outnumber those of us who have. So the best way to solve this problem, in my opinion, is to introduce those one anime fans to some pure japanese culture without getting preachy. Any ideas?  

directvantage45

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 1:21 am
I would say to show a wider variety of anime,not just from viz,shonen jump,or the like.Perhaps something more"grown up"like jin roh or karas or even something like tokko(alright the last might inspire fanboys/girls)I don't think it's exactly the culture that the fans aren't getting,but most of the animes in the us just seem to have a fandom attracting aura.Too many hawt guys/girls,ninjas,cat girls,and giant robots I think,lol.These are all great but perhaps a more realistic(not the boring kind)and mature anime would do the trick.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 3:55 am
non active should be kick out  

dysturbia

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 5:11 pm
I don't think that should happen right away,but I do think that maybe the crew should PM non active people and tell them further inactivity will result in termination from the guild.They wouldn't be able to do this with all the members though,the inboxes would be too full should everyone reply at once.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:11 pm
I never said that they were uncultured, per se, just that some of the members need to look beyond the kind of thing that actually makes it to america on television. If they realise that some of the best anime will never see the light of day on cartoon network, then they might watch some of the more compelling shows, and would be more likely to post, as they would know about some shows that might need discussion to fully comprehend. Although this may not even be the root of the problem.

If you go over to the best anime moments thread, surprisingly few of them were shonen jump at all. This tells me that the hardcore crowd is around, just unwilling to post more often. This goes back to the original problem. How do we get people to post more often?

No, i do not think that banning people for lack of posts will solve the problem, because that may get people to quit in the long run, or stay away because they think that the guild is too strict, or that they might get banned if they go on a vacation anyways.

So how do we fix this? We find more people in the guild to make more topics. If the front page of the forums is different more often, with a variety of threads, more people will post, naturally. So I encourage anyone who reads this to try your hand at a new thread. Even if it fails, It will register as activity in the minds of other guild members, and hopefully they will move onto other threads, and continue to increase activity in this fashion.

Thanks for bearing with my long-winded exploration of the situation. sweatdrop  

directvantage45

Dark_Dragon_Bagera

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:52 pm
I agree with yo :3 I do think that members that haven't posted in a long time should be PMed to see what's going on,but perhaps we should have a going away thread so people can post when they'll be away for awhile.

Perhaps we should all have a brainstorming session and think of a large veriety of threads we can make and we can all try our best to post.Hopefully this will encourage people to do the same.It might even help for the guild heads to hold contests and such.  
An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff