Reply The L Guild Forum
Does Anyone think L is a shinigami now?? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

L is real i do exist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:09 pm
So everyone prolly realizes by now that there are seven death notes, correct, since there are seven Shinigami Gods. None of the notes were ever destroyed, yet two of the gods did die, Jealous and Rem. So would the Shinigami King replace two of his fellow gods. L and Light were both killed by Shinigami, and a lot of people think Light has become a Shinigami. Also, Jealous and L actually sit a lot like, if anyone ever noticed. But because L and Light both died by a Shingami writing there names in there book, i think that it is fully possible that both would become the new Shinigami's.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 2:17 pm
I don't believe L is a shinigami because he didn't use the death note. When you use the death note it says "You can't go to neither Heaven or Hell" That can mean that you are turned into a shinigami. Alot of people Believe Light because a shini gami because of the hour episode where Ryuk is telling a fellow shinigami what happened in the human world and also that same shinigami wants to go to the human world. And at the end of Ryuk's tale when the shinigami is walking off, Ryuk says "Isn't that right..... Light?"  

Twilightdreams13

Persistence_of_Memory

5,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:16 pm
I wouldn't think so...
It'd be nice to think, though. That would kind of make it like L didn't really die. :]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:15 pm
It'd be a nice thing if L ever became a shinigami. He crouches over like one and he's pretty crypctic like one. But I think even given the opportunity to become one, L wouldnt. He'd probably choose to die and be in peace than live for a long time by killing people. Even if he could make the real difference by seeing who deserves to die or not.  

Red Kasei

L Lawliet

Mind-boggling Detective

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:41 pm
Twilightdreams13
I don't believe L is a shinigami because he didn't use the death note.
I agree. He just died, plain and simple.

But your description of the one hour special really got me intrigued. It's the only DN episode I wasn't able to download raw because it was huge. So I've never even seen it. I hope it comes out dubbed soon.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:11 pm
I really dislike the end of the story. The way that Ryuk stated things early on, it leads you to believe that something special happens to the person who uses the Deathnote. But you come to find out that there just isn't a heaven or hell and everyone goes into nothingness. rolleyes

If I could re-write it, I would totally give this otherwise awesome series a better ending. One that made more sense.

And, yeah, I probably would make L a shinigami. wink  

Kasumi Ocada

Smitten Citizen

6,850 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Contributor 150

Kameko sama

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:43 pm
I don't think L would be a shinigami. Not only because he didn't use a death note, he thought it was weird that all the prisoners were dying and he tried to find the murderer. I think that he thought killing those people were wrong. Well, this is just my opinion. confused  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:59 pm
In the anime, yes, L never used a Death Note. In the second spot, in Rem's place, Misa would become the other shinigami because she used the death note just as Light did. Highlight for movie spoilerIn the spin off movie, Save the WorLd, L used the Death Note on himself in order to prevent Kira from being able to kill him and to show how serious he was to Light's father. L set it so that he would die the day after Kira was caught (or dealt with since Ryuk still killed Light) so if we were to go by the movie, L would be a shinigami, though not a very long lived one, since I doubt he would ever write anyone's name. He would, howveer, hound Kira during the time he lived as a shinigami I would imagine.  

King Robert Silvermyst

Hotaru_Sky

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:34 pm
L is real i do exist
So everyone prolly realizes by now that there are seven death notes, correct, since there are seven Shinigami Gods. None of the notes were ever destroyed, yet two of the gods did die, Jealous and Rem. So would the Shinigami King replace two of his fellow gods. L and Light were both killed by Shinigami, and a lot of people think Light has become a Shinigami. Also, Jealous and L actually sit a lot like, if anyone ever noticed. But because L and Light both died by a Shingami writing there names in there book, i think that it is fully possible that both would become the new Shinigami's.
It seems the shinigami king can have as many notes as it wants. I believe this because he simply gave one away to Ryuk when he "dropped" his note. There are 14 known shinigami gods, counting the King. I guess the possibility of light becoming a god is understandable, but the death note clearly says they go to "Nothingness". Many humans are killed by death gods, not just those two, so why would L become a death god?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:41 pm
King Robert Silvermyst
In the anime, yes, L never used a Death Note. In the second spot, in Rem's place, Misa would become the other shinigami because she used the death note just as Light did. Highlight for movie spoilerIn the spin off movie, Save the WorLd, L used the Death Note on himself in order to prevent Kira from being able to kill him and to show how serious he was to Light's father. L set it so that he would die the day after Kira was caught (or dealt with since Ryuk still killed Light) so if we were to go by the movie, L would be a shinigami, though not a very long lived one, since I doubt he would ever write anyone's name. He would, howveer, hound Kira during the time he lived as a shinigami I would imagine.

A little correction to your movie spoiler.

He didn't set it for a day after Kira was caught, he set it for the maximum number of days (which is 23). If he set it for the day later, 'L change the worLd' would never take place. 3nodding  

UltimaMage3

King Robert Silvermyst

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:45 pm
Thanks. But in any case, if we go by the Anime, no. There's no possible way for L to be a Shinigami. If we go by the movie spinoff, then it's possible he is one.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:13 pm
King Robert Silvermyst
Thanks. But in any case, if we go by the Anime, no. There's no possible way for L to be a Shinigami. If we go by the movie spinoff, then it's possible he is one.

I agree with him. In the anime there is no possible way that L could be a shinigami. And if we went with the movie spinoff, then it would be possible that L is a shinigami. Though in my opinion, it sounds outrageous.  

lonewolf736

LoonyLawliet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:48 pm
No, because L didn't use the Death Note o_o  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:14 pm
L didn't use the Death Note in the anime, but in the new movies he did. He wrote his own name in the Death Note. So, I guess it depends on which version you go by. Personally, I prefer the anime. I don't think that L would be a shinigami. He would get to go to heaven, which is much better than being stuck in a Purgatory-like Shinigami World, full of nothing but gambling and rotting things. I think it would be better to move on to heaven, personally.  

Ozzyflsgirl

demon_fox_girl11

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:52 pm
Twilightdreams13
I don't believe L is a shinigami because he didn't use the death note. When you use the death note it says "You can't go to neither Heaven or Hell" That can mean that you are turned into a shinigami. Alot of people Believe Light because a shini gami because of the hour episode where Ryuk is telling a fellow shinigami what happened in the human world and also that same shinigami wants to go to the human world. And at the end of Ryuk's tale when the shinigami is walking off, Ryuk says "Isn't that right..... Light?"

I agree with him. confused Though i would like it better if L never did truly die. gonk  
The L Guild Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff