Welcome to Gaia! ::

Maple Story

Back to Guilds

First Gaia-MS Guild. Come join the Gaian MapleStory community! 

Tags: maplestory, maple, story, nexon, wizet 

Reply Maple Story
Real or Fake?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

wwillium

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:47 am
Okay, lately ive been playing PS (Private Server). Its preatty fun, and not. Cus you lvl so fast. But in GMS you lvl so slow. I mean, i cant chose. Now when i think about it, i wana go back to GMS. Cus theres a real maplestory, and i miss my Chief Bandit (lvl 80 LUK).

What do you prefer? PS or GMS?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 11:17 am
The real deal. Unless they release a private server which gives you more exp. than the real MS but not to the point that getting to lv120 takes you less than a few days... Plus, private servers are often a hassle, you can expect them to go down without any advice and never come back.
User Image

Aurora Sonata

Cute Hero

Vassalord

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:32 am

Imma super gm on a private server.
It's really fun and the people are nice.
I never cared about leveling anyways.
Only about NX lol, so for me it's fine.

The bad thing is that there are heaps of hackers to ban.

User Image
I just feel liek so moody :'[

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:23 am
Well people have posted this all over the net personally here is what I think

GMS is better over all because it means something when your actually a high level. It doesn't seem as a waist of time if you actually accomplish something unlike private to ware anyone could be 200 which is sorta lame.. :c that and think of it this way every hour you spend sitting around on a ps doing nothing D: you could have gotten a bit closer to leveling ;c but no you wasted that time on a ps doing useless nothing plus gms is less lonely. . D:

However private servers are good for testing out classes to find which class is right for you. That way in gms you can make that class later..xP

private servers are more for people who just want to literately hang out all day and look good in free nx but =/ it does get boring honestly ive played a lot of ps was a GM on one even it got old FAST. I found my self quickly wanting to move back to gms (which I did and am glad I did) =/

All so as a add on ps are all so fun for people who have a hard time leveling past like 1-40in gms. . which honestly ISN'T Hard at all in gms xd  

Rinesia

Zonic v3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:12 am
hmmmm
if you wanna ruin the feel of the game then play PS.

If you dont want to ruin the feel for the game then dont go onto them.

thats all i can say about em

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:35 am
ive played a couple of PS's now, and keep going back to GMS. PS's are just...eh. They get boring fast i guess.  

LordVada

Raider

sstarall

5,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:46 pm
go for GMS dude  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:27 pm
never been on a private server for MS don't plan to been on some for other games they go down often and the lvling fast may be fun but kinda kills the game after awhile as i see it.  

Kotoko Hibioshi

Tipsy Gaian

a_shy_girl_1999

Newbie Conventioneer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:38 am
Real! I have never been on a PS and never plan to simply because it takes the fun out of the game and leveling up doesn't means anything in a PS because you can get to level 200 in just a couple of days with the massive experience you get from killing stuff in a PS.

GMS (REAL MS) ALL THE WAY!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 1:56 pm
GMS because its not AS rewarding doing PS  

XxJynxJokerxX

Mika Shirakou

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:54 pm
they r both fun. PS usually are too "easy" and not very fun, also there r tons of ppl. it is only fun to level up wen there are ppl to rub it in on and since everyone is high leveled there is no challenge but the real MS is REALLY hard to lvl upon (trust me im lvl 24 and it takes 6 hours to lvl) OMG TAKES TOO LONGG!!! also i kinda stinks how many ppl there are at events and how alot of ppl spam....also wen u want to train ppl just come to the trainin place and kill everything (grr i hate those ppl!)  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:05 pm
I played Yollande when it first started. Month-long non-stop 2x, with 3 4x events.

This in practice meant that all people using 2x cards were on 4x non-stop and during the special events you had 8x. So, I HAVE played at 8x speed on GMS. Between all this I got to 131 in 3 weeks. That's nice because it motivates me to keep going to 200, but if it was like that all the time I'd get bored pretty fast.  

Breadist

Writer

TaerkDS
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:11 pm
I've become greatly demotivated. Seriously, I started out from beta and I haven't even reached 1xx. Four years for pretty much 85 levels. It's not a very accomplished feeling.

Anyways, I think I'd rather prefer private servers. It just let's me get to some point really quickly and it's treated like it should be, as a game.  
Maple Story

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games