DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:14 pm
Kaori, can I ask you to check the subforum guidelines again; please do not post comments (or emotes, as it were) that are just scathing with no constructive merit; the subforum is small enough, there's no real need to spam links to other stories.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:14 pm
Same criteria as before: Research the matter more, especially in regards to the space marines. You have unlimited access to the information of the internet so use it. Proper research can go a long way into making a story good, more believable and more fitting to the established background. If you take too many "artistic" liberties you might as well post a disclaimer that it is taking place in a different 40k verse altogether.

As for the comedy, my sense of humour is inadequate to find it funny.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

GregorytheImpaler

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:45 pm
I appreciate the thought, but keep in mind that it IS a comedy/joke fic.

I'd have to shoot myself if I DID keep it exact to the 40K Fluff.

Besides man, if it were accurate my fic would be less "haha" and more "oh dear God... how could you write such graphic violence?!".

Which reminds me... I have a Night Lords comedy one up. Since you, and Lady_Blodywynn have trouble appreciating my work, you probably won't like the new one either.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:15 pm
40k and juvenile comedy don't mesh well, plus I'm in the age group that appreciates good old in-your-face sarcasm and subtle pokes over the "Not Another Parody Movie" angle.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

GregorytheImpaler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:32 pm
Cute. Too bad I'm 20 pushing 21. Ironically, however, I was about to ask what age you are?

Anyhow, simply not appreciating one style of comedy does not make it juvenile. I have this weird thing... you know... what's it called? Oh right... and open mind. I appreciate all kinds of humor, from adult, to child, to most in between.

Seriously, this whole "I'm better than you" thing you're sporting isn't cool.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:04 pm
Right, I'll take my bloody "opinion" and vaunted "elitism" somewhere else then.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

GregorytheImpaler

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:29 pm
Dude. I appreciate that you have your own opinions. There just simply isn't really a need to post if you don't like it. And if there was constructive criticism it'd be ok, but it was pretty much "research more". If you really wanna show me what you mean, try saying "start with their weapons" or "how they move".

I'm not angry or anything, I just simply ask that if you like it, tell me. If you don't, tell me a good way to fix it. (without ranting or anything).

No need to get snippy with me.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:57 pm
I've commented on your lack of research before, good research goes a long way into making it more believable. My friend suggested the same in the other guild. However, I see that ignorance is bliss in your case.

But thanks, I now know that I am a damn good writer, but an awful commenter. User Image  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

GregorytheImpaler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:08 am
Okie dokie then. Actually, I can understand where confusion can be found (I'm saying this on my part ._. - I can admit to being wrong XD), because I had something similar, though it was on an airsofting forum happen. I had to help control an argument because one of my friends and another player thought someone was trying to pick on them, but the problem is that intonation among other things can be hard to put into text.

Sorry for the bustling earlier. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:38 am
Lt. Brookman
But thanks, I now know that I am a damn good writer, but an awful commenter. User Image
Funny enough, I am not detecting hubris there at all. whee  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:17 pm
I get the joke, but the mood is all wrong for it, and it's a bit long for a one-off joke. sweatdrop  
Fiction Subforum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff