Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Technomancy

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:17 am
From Meme Sigils to the most Elegant Code- technomancy seems to be entering it's own and the upgrade to the Internet will likely only further this.

So- what opinions do folks have on technomancy?
What aspects if any do you practice?
What is the most effective form you have seen applied?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:04 am
You'll have to elaborate. sweatdrop  

patch99329

Maze

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:53 am
I ask the lights to turn green. But I'm not sure that counts as 'technomancy.'  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 12:06 pm
....does this have anything to do with Techno? surprised  

With Motion

Ethermus Prime

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:32 pm
Maze

It does if you can get them to consistently turn green when you ask. wink

This is something that My teacher doesn't believe in, and doesn't agree with me on. Though it's nothing to get my panties in a twist over, so I just cut back on it (like all my practice) while he teaches me what he has to teach. Blank slate and all that jazz.

The concept of machine spirits first entered my cognition from the Warhammer 40K games.....ever since them i've actually worked with them and have gotten some interesting results.

Sadly nothing conclusive though.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:36 pm
Ethermus Prime
Maze

This is something that My teacher doesn't believe in, and doesn't agree with me on. Though it's nothing to get my panties in a twist over, so I just cut back on it (like all my practice) while he teaches me what he has to teach. Blank slate and all that jazz.

The concept of machine spirits first entered my cognition from the Warhammer 40K games.....ever since them i've actually worked with them and have gotten some interesting results.

I can't claim a 100% success rate, but I also can't claim that I don't know when to ask. So I suppose I'll have to stick to 'nothing conclusive' as well. *snerks*  

Maze

Ethermus Prime

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:40 pm
Maze
Ethermus Prime
Maze

I can't claim a 100% success rate, but I also can't claim that I don't know when to ask. So I suppose I'll have to stick to 'nothing conclusive' as well. *snerks*

The only conclusive results i've ever been able to get involve Wireless adapter cards. I swear to gods, I can hear them ...."click" at me where they want to be in order to receive a signal....or my neighbors wireless which has a tendency to drop out frequently...has never once drooped out on me.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:02 pm
Ethermus Prime
Maze

The only conclusive results i've ever been able to get involve Wireless adapter cards. I swear to gods, I can hear them ...."click" at me where they want to be in order to receive a signal....or my neighbors wireless which has a tendency to drop out frequently...has never once drooped out on me.

Knock on wood, hehe..

I haven't really tried this on a computer or any other hardware - alright, I use it on cars, too, but that's also not with a 100% success rate.

Suppose I can try it, but I don't really know if what I do can be called 'technomancy' because I apply the same.. mechanism, I guess you could call it, to whatever else I'm doing it too as well.

I usually call what I do 'poking the universe' since I want something to happen, and then try to make it work that way by asking for it or requesting it happen or try to get it to happen by executing (mainly hand-)motions that I feel will help me establish the desired result.

Most of my non-lights/car poking messing consists of just thinking of a desired result in the form of a 'Lol, would be funny if..' sentence, which generally arises spontaneously. XD Although, I suppose one could argue that, instead of me directing the universe to do as I'd like for it to do, I'm apparently a precog who finds a number of things quite funny.

Still, if it works.. Watch me not complain. biggrin

Edit: Also? Good night. o:

XD; *disappears before the dawn*  

Maze

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:50 am
I accuse my husband of being a technomancer frequently - he's got a gift I don't think he aknowledges, one of literally being able to coax the dead back to life, as machines go. Of course, in his case it may be know-how of computers alone doing it, but he does sometimes claim he's got no idea how he's doing it...it just works.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:43 am
I myself have had no experience with working with machines but my dad seems to have a gift with machines. One time my laptop wasn't working and it would switch on then just go to a black screen and not load the operating system. Well he just sat with the laptop in his hand on the laptop and shouted at me when I laughed at him. Then he put his hand on the screen and waited for a minute and then tried again and the laptop worked fine. (I had already tried leaving it for about a day and a half and it still didn't work)

Still could of been just a coincidence, lol  

Cirrus Mystallow

RedRoseSpiral

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:04 pm
I've never really practiced technomancy, but as a teenager whenever I stroked my friends computer it wouldn't lose it's internet connection like it was prone to with any other person. My friends used to joke that I was putting a voodoo spell on the computer (why voodoo I don't know). It seemed as long as I had my hand on the computer tower we'd stay connected. Personally, I think it was just the fact that People PC sucked most of the time and I just happened to be there when it didn't.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:06 am
Maze
I usually get good results from driving at the speed limit. wink  

TheDisreputableDog

Maze

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:31 am
TheDisreputableDog
Maze
I usually get good results from driving at the speed limit. wink

The green flow, you mean? *nods* I think we've got something like that here too, but we've got plenty of ******** up crossings regardless, hehe.

I don't own a car at this moment in time, so I find myself usually relegated to the passenger seat, which, unfortunately means I can't say anything much about the speed we drive at.

But it appears to work on pedestrian lights, too, so I'm not complaining. XD

I admit that it's entirely possible it's just a coincidence, though.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:17 am
The only example of anything remotely supernatural affecting my computer is that a couple of years ago, lightning took out my internet connection multiple times. I remember finally wondering if it was significant somehow, and if I should try to do something to solve whatever was wrong.

The stuff that most people are talking about is unfamiliar to me. I've accidentally gotten things to work, and I've even figured things out myself when it comes to technology, but the idea that things like that are magic seems almost like a technologically unlearned person's way of debasing technological knowledge.

Nomad of Nowhere

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff