Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Christine Alina

8,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:52 am
Just wanted to ask everyone if they know any good books in becoming a novel writer (which I think is called to being a story writer of your own books) and creating characters cause I think that I want to be one which I would like to and I'm also trying to save some money for college to take a class of art (which I'm good at drawing but hadn't done it for a long time now which is not good) and then later English to work on my writing skills and grammar (which is something I need to really work on)

So if anyone know please let me know and thank you

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 6:10 am
okay... Writing Stories by David L. Harrison, Writing with Style by Sue Young, How to Write Poetry by Paul B. Janeczko(because you use poetry in writing books alot), and then there's a podcast called writing excuses that's been really helpful to me. All of the books theat I put down are scholastic.HOPE IT HELPS!!! whee  

Cattie-Brie14

Christine Alina

8,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:44 pm
Yes it very much is and thanks  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 1:13 pm
Patricia C. Wrede has some worldbuilding tips somewhere online. There's a thread in the guild that has a couple links for helpngi with writing.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=6047509
The link to the worldbuilding tips is in there.

Also, a lot of authors have tips in their FAQs on their webpages. Sherwood Smith had some, if I remember correctly. Look up your favorite authors on any search engine, and if they have a webpage they should pop up. And jsut surf around and see if they have writing tips or anything like that. Cheap, easy, and direct. n.n  

NightIntent
Captain

Christine Alina

8,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:45 pm
Ok I will check that out  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 3:18 am
The Wand in the Word: Conversations With Writers of Fantasy edited by Leonard S. Marcus is a fun read that might have something useful in it.  

bluemouse2

Fantasy Books Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff