DEATH...and thought and views on it... Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

View Results

avrilavignia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:18 am
well,hey...i'v been thinking about death lately..(i'm not scared or anything)..but i wanna know wat u guys think...i wrote a poem about death the other day..actually its not really a poem...i don't know wat it is...n its too long to be a poem..i think...here it is..it might help u realise wat i'm talking about..

-Death-

Death,
What is death?
Is it just a period of time when our soul and spirit leaves our body, wandering in search of another body to occupy?
Or does your soul, spirit, and body just fall into eternal darkness, never to be used again?
Or does it venture further, a step higher, into heaven or hell, where it remains, immortal?
No one knows.
For the ones who have the answers are no longer with us to explain the proper facts.
……or are they?
Are we just too blind to see them?
Have the scientific facts of life blinded us so badly that we refuse to notice even the slightest out-of-the-ordinary happenings?
Are there spirits of our loved ones surrounding us in warm embrace to protect us from unknown dangers at this very moment?
Once again, no one knows.
There is no way of finding out for sure what is fact and what is not when it is death that is being questioned.
The only way to understand it fully would be to experience it for ourselves, leaving our family, friends, and body behind in the process and unable to communicate with the rest of the world we once used to know, journeying into an entirely different dimension as we unravel one of the greatest mysteries of all time.
Who knows?
Death could be a fun-filled wonderland,
Or it could be a dooms-day hellhole.
In my opinion, it’s about what you believe that matters,
And not what has been scientifically proven.
As for me, I believe that death is an opening to many great, unknown possibilities.
I guess some mysteries are just meant to remain a mystery…….forever……...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

k...that's it..u can share ur thoughts and views on death here...........................  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:28 am
ugh!i give up...i can see that no1 is going to reply to my posts...so....bye...i'm going to go commit suicide now...  

avrilavignia

avrilavignia

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:29 am
any1?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:27 am
Okay, it ganna take a couple of days to get some responses. Most guilds dont have as many members to get it active every minute. But those that love to hang around will respond eventually.

Its not that were blind to see the truths. Were just not equiped mentally to understand. The way I see it death is freedom. There have been theorys that life on earth is actually hell. I say hell is what you make of it. I dont beleive that sinners must suffer more after death when we have already suffered enough in life. Suicide is a way to run from the pain that life has given us.
Those that fear death dont usally fear the pain or suffering. They fear the sorrow that comes after. When one is attached to their life the wont want to lose it. Our value of life runs deep, so deep we cant recognize it so we transfer it as fear.
When we die, we are free from this world. Free to venture were in life we could not.
We live on 3 diffrent spectrums. Physical, mental, and spirit. Eliminate the first and youre left with spirit and mental. For sure the soul lives on but does our mind? Does it stay with us? Mental spectrum of our bodies was focused trough our brains. Though if that is dead, does it continue or is that what makes up the soul?

Just opinions and theorys dont kill me now.  

Saiyon Haishi

lurichan
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:12 am
I would have to agree that there isn't online here all the time and second of all sucide isn't something to joke about, so please don't try to guilt people into posting that way again, it's not something that should be lightly thrown about in half jest like that.

Death, and afterwards. I have my thoughts on such things... I'll sum it up brieftly into stating that I think that death is what you make of it.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:13 am
Heres a little piece from the tablets of thoth. It gives you a nice little insight.
http://www.crystalinks.com/emerald9bw.html
I couldnt copy paste cause its too long. Its also weird to read, but you get the idea.  

Saiyon Haishi

Saiyon Haishi

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:18 am
lurichan
I would have to agree that there isn't online here all the time and second of all sucide isn't something to joke about, so please don't try to guilt people into posting that way again, it's not something that should be lightly thrown about in half jest like that.

Death, and afterwards. I have my thoughts on such things... I'll sum it up brieftly into stating that I think that death is what you make of it.

That could be just about anything and anyones thoughts. Shes asking for youre direct opinion. Sure its what you make of it, but thats exacly what the question is.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:28 am
And that is exactly what I gave. Your belief is what shapes what will happen to you after you die. If you believe in the dicotomy of heaven and hell, then you are going to end up in one of those places. If you are a nillist who believes you will cease to exist once death has claimed you, then you soul will wither and die. If you believe in reincarnation, that you shall come back and take another spin on the wheel of life, then you shall be back again in some form or another. Death is exactly what you make of it.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

[ D i z z y ]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:05 pm
I find death a confusing topic for me. I believe that once you die, you're gone. Wiped out. Seep into the dirt. Become part of a patato. I don't think there is a heaven or hell or spiritual wandering place or whatever. But what I find really difficult is imagining what it would be like.. if I were dead. I couldn't think then, and I'd just be... dead. I couldn't even think I was dead, because I'd be dead. Hmm... it's kinda like thinking about suicide for me. Once I die, I ain't gonna come back, I won't be able to complete my life. No boyfriend. No graduation. No job. No art. Everything would be blank. Gone. Nadda. But if I were to say, be like 90 years-old, I don't think I'd mind dying so much then. *gasp* I'd be a grandmother. A great-grandmother! I'd have grand-children. Little gothy grand-children. Bwahaha.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:02 pm
Hm.
I beleive Death is the reward we get for passing through Life, which is a test that we well, hafta pass. xd
Unlike most of the people here, I don't wish for death(although when I'm deppressed I get that way)...
Because if I wanted to die so badly, I would've been dead a LONG time ago.
But anyways, I beleive in the afterlife and such, but I'm not sure about coming back as a reincarnate....
Hold on, I'm going off topic now. xp
But anyways, I think Death is some kind of reward or a place without worry. A place where you're nto happy. Nor sad. Just numb. :3

Smexi Psyko Genius

Harry Potters_son13

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:32 pm
Darkness (this poem was inspired by Kingdom Hearts)
There is a light that shines within us all.
When we are born this light is pure.
But as we grow the light can become corrupt and we fall.
We fall into darkness which is a pain that few endure.
Some may say they will never follow this path.
They say that their heart is to strong to be taken.
But isn't that what began the darkness, what invoked it's rath?
Now in this day and age darkness has taken over, captured the world and left it shaken.
But we can stop this apocolypse, we can stop the darkness.
With each new generation there comes a new beam of light.
And although their light will not be pure they help can find the true light which will end the mess.
And when all the children of purest hearts come forth they will crush the darkness and all its might.
But this will not be the end, no because as hard as we try within every heart there is darkness.

Hoped you like my poem i kinda rushed so a few parts aren't that good
Please comment
3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:13 am
1. That isn't to long to be a poem.
2.It was good to me at least.
3. i beleive in Heaven and Hell, to an extent. I think there is also a reincarnation cycle.  

witch11

Wheezing Fatcat

Oterys

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:14 pm
Death is something that comes to us all, but I have been thinking more along the lines of it lately. Death is not the end for us by any means...only a beginning. I believe we are reincarnated if our work is unfinished...and if we so desire. I also believe that Heaven and Hell are very real. Angels and demons do not serve to hurt or help us...but to push us into some semblence of an ideal...to break us until we cannot endure this world any longer thru illness and heartache. Thru this we develop our own strength to endure...to decide what we want out of this world and the next.It's like what Treebeard said in LOTR 'I am on no one's side, because no one is on mine.'  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:41 pm
death is a gift... one that i pray for every day  

Rosmarin

Virtuous Lunatic

themagikat

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:06 pm
there is no need to pray for it. it comes in time to everyone, it doesnt play favorites.  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff