Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The L Guild Forum
Another Note: The Los Angeles BB Murder Cases (Spoiler Topic Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you love the book?
  Duh! xD
  Not really. <.< >.>
View Results

BockiBear

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 3:34 pm
Ok well I just finished this book and I absolutly loved it. I was like WTF? at the end. I just want to ask if anyone thought thiss too. xD  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:04 pm
I wasn't able to WTF at the end, because I had already read detailed summaries, so I was sadly aware of all the plot twists in the book. I still enjoyed it, because it was great to actually read the dialog between L and Naomi, and Naomi and B.  

L Lawliet

Mind-boggling Detective

jiroutachi

Sweetheart

12,200 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:10 pm
haha, I totally went "WTF" at the end.
I enjoyed it though.
heart  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:04 am
It was amazing! ^^ I liked it better than the actual series really. I like B more than L. D; I've been trying trying to get another book by the same author but I couldn't really find any anywhere near here. The end really through me for a loop though. >< Had to read it twice. >>

goodle_shoes

Inuhime2

3,350 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:26 pm
when she whan't into the roon and saw he was on fire I was like" NOOOO, MY POOR L!!!!!!!" ... then she slapped the handcuffs on him and and ect. I was like "... Who do what now"

on another note, I was at a summer camp, it was midnight. so of course, sevralo very hard items were thusly throughn at me, and I was told to shut up.
(none of my cabinmates knew what deathnote was, so I was then thought of as insene)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:43 pm
Quote:

when she whan't into the roon and saw he was on fire I was like" NOOOO, MY POOR L!!!!!!!" ... then she slapped the handcuffs on him and and ect. I was like "... Who do what now"
I know I thought the exact same thing! I couldn't believe that. And then at the end when Naomi saw L and he was like "Call me Ryusaki." I was like OMG WTF BBQ! O.O I thought for the whole time that B was L because in the intro. Mello explained that it was the book in which L got the name Ryusaki.  

BockiBear

UltimaMage3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:59 pm
I felt really stupid at the end, because I thought B was L, but then it turned out he wasn't. Then later on the narrator/Mello (?) said that the very idea of that was silly. I was like, '=3= Gee, thanks.'  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:26 pm
I was all "WTF!" at the end...then I started laughing at the genius of it all. Except I was in chemistry class, so that was awkward. My chem teacher mostly ignored me, though, as I've done that before in that class...  

randomnessensues

Cress Sybellos

Nimble Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:14 pm
Yes. I, too, went 'WTF' at the end of that book.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:12 pm
I am the Dark Lord
the line that made me say "OH MY GOD DEATH NOTE" was the last line of the book which in my opinion (which never matters to anybody) was the best "And a few years after his arrest, in January 21, 2004, serving a life sentence in a California prison, Beyond Birthday died of a mysterious heart attack." That was the actual line copied from the book check it yourself.
The Dark Lord has spoken

Ruisu-sempai

Unbeatable Elocutionist

9,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Elocutionist 200

Red Kasei

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:48 pm
When Beyond first entered the scene, I knew he was B. The whole thing with the jar of jam had been the first clue because I had encountered many spoilers so I knew what I was looking at. But as I read on, I got confused because and I started to think that it was L.

I didn't go WTF at the end because I understood and I felt really stupid for not seeing it in the first place. I was so embarrassed!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:31 pm
Oh my Jeevas, that was an amazing book!
Love love love it!
However I found it funny how they made a spelling error on the second
to last page :3 It says "Loing" instead of "Losing" if I recall correctly.

I really loved the book, so intriguing and very attention-grabbing :3
I read it all in one sitting! [Algebra II class XD]  

Ablepsy

Fluffy Inflatable Osaka

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:04 pm
L Lawliet
I wasn't able to WTF at the end, because I had already read detailed summaries, so I was sadly aware of all the plot twists in the book. I still enjoyed it, because it was great to actually read the dialog between L and Naomi, and Naomi and B.

User Image

Same here. I kept finding spoilers. emo

And this thread gives me an excuse to post this:

User Image

And that's not rubbish in his bag. He's actually donating his underwear to the Women's Institute.

Here's £5. Buy Osaka something pretty while out killing monstahs.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:49 am
Hmm well the book was ok but not as good as NisiOisin's other work's, at least I thought not.

As for Rue Ryuzaki I did not know untill it was reviled but it was not a WTF moment but more an Ah... moment as I was uneasy about him. Some of the things he did were a bit off for L and I wondered how he was communicating over the phone with Naomi at the same as being next to her. I had mostly written off the discrepancies in behavior between Ryuzaki and L as just because of a different author but it was in the back of my mind.

One thing I did not like about the book was how painfully stupid Naomi was. God I just wanted to smack her sometimes. Things were just so obvious. The narrator kept saying how smart she was but her intelligence was so inconsistent sometimes she would make an interesting point and sometimes she was the most dim witted bimbo that I could imagine.

mostly an enjoyable read though.  

Rei ojou-sama

Lekituzl

Codger

12,175 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:26 pm
randomnessensues
I was all "WTF!" at the end...then I started laughing at the genius of it all. Except I was in chemistry class, so that was awkward. My chem teacher mostly ignored me, though, as I've done that before in that class...

Teehee, I do stuff like that alot. I'm apparently quite odd. XD

But anyways, I loved the book to death! If it weren't for some certain episodes, like say, 25 and 36, I'd love it the best. (But the live-action L is adorable).

I kept changing my mind on if it was B or L the whole time... but the jam gave it away, and I stuck with it being B. I'd seen pictures of B with jam, and... uh... bingo...

But I like how L came back at the end, lol. Naomi was like WTF?! XD

I do hope 'Mello' decides to write on those other occasions L talked to him.  
The L Guild Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff