Reply Questing HQ
[Blue Rose]- Elegant Simplicity 350k/650k Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What do you think of my Blue Rose concept? <3
  BEAUTIFUL!! Good luck~ <3
  Erm... you're giving too much freedom to the colorist. Make up your mind!
  It's okay. Not my favorite.
  EWW you should quest for something else, it's hideous. :C
  Questing again so soon? >.>
  *GOLD WHORE*
View Results

Apotropaics

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 1:17 pm

User Image

Welcome to my Quest thread! <3

User Image

Current Quest: "Blue Rose" Mare <3

Future Quests: 1. Alruna's Rose Mutant Mare. (COST: Not available through normal slots. :C Ranging from 5mil+)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:58 pm
User Image

.:Edited Regular Soquili:.
Colorist wanted:
Name of horse:
Owner: Apotropaics
Temper (one word for horse's personality):
Breed: Blue Rose
Description (eye color/hair color/hair style etc):

A Blue rose.
An object of dreams- rare, unique, lusted after for centuries and yet never obtained. This mare is an ethereal beauty.
Gorgeous, utterly stunning, breath-taking; she is a dazzling sight to behold.

* I strive towards perfection in her design, and therefore a certain amount of artistic freedom must be given. If at any time you feel that a particular aspect of her design is lacking in some essential element, or that she would benefit from adding a particular trinket, please feel free to alter, tweak and otherwise contort her original scheme to your satisfaction! <3 *

Inspiration: Blue Rose (rich, vibrant,) Blue Eye
Her general color scheme should be deep shades of blue with hints of dark slate blue or even indigo, white or crystalline blue for highlights, perhaps black if you so chose to deviate from the white... and a vibrant silver for any accessories?

Her coat should be predominantly blue, deepening at her legs, muzzle, and ears. Think shimmering velvet illuminated by the cool light of the moon. A celestial design comprised of "droplets of dew," like those seen on the referenced rose -or- white semi-transparent markings with a natural/ghostly theme (spectres such as these or a skeletal tree marking, perhaps?) -or- a combination of them both should enhance her design, if necessary. (Complex coloring and an elaborate design may make her look too cluttered, or take away from her simplistic beauty.) Whatever you decide! <3
Her mane and tail should be either raven's-wing black or ghostly white, long and flowing, to compliment the otherworldly feel. Some form of braid incorporated into the flowing style, -or- an elaborate up-do with silken tendrils flowing from an intricately detailed composition, should make her entirely unique. If you chose to go with the up-do, it should be both polished and yet elegantly disheveled, smokey wisps of mane breaking up the ornate silhouette.
Roses may be incorporated as you see fit- maybe one tucked behind her ear, at the base of her tail, serving as a pin to tie her hair back- or none at all, your choice yet again. xD
The tufts of fur about her hooves should be long and flowing like her mane and tail, the same shimmering shade(s) of blue as her legs.
Her hooves should be either raven's-wing black or ghostly white, depending on which shade you chose for her mane and tail.
Her eyes... Ghostly, pupil-less, either pure white or black. That, or a shimmering shade of piercing crystalline blue.
Gleaming, cultured accessories of an exquisite silver hue should compliment her design. Whether a layered necklace, pins/gems or ribbons incorporated into her mane and/or tail, bracelets, or nothing at all- it is your decision to make. Depending on the complexity of her final design, accessories may not be needed at all! x'D

Please let inspiration strike! <3 I love to be pleasantly surprised~

Reference image(s):
+ Blue Rose - Rich, vibrant color scheme. Shimmering droplets of dew?
+ Blue Eye - Just a pretty blue eye.
+ Ghostly spectres (optional possible alternative to celestial dew drop design)
Which stage you want them to start as?(basket,foal,or adult): Adult
Default accessory color(s)?: No default accessories please.
Tag frame color: Colorist's choice. ^-^
Shades of blue or perhaps black/white, something to compliment her design?
I would like her background to make her stand out and yet not contrast hideously with her, something unique- perhaps something as simple as obscure wispy clouds and mist?
Tag feather color: Complementary- Shades of blue with shimmering droplets of dew, or dipped in black/white?
Hair/clothing edits:

+ Long, flowing mane/tail -or- elegantly disheveled elaborate up-do? Maybe braid(s)?
+ Long, flowing, fur about hooves
+ Any accessories/ roses/ charms/ hair pieces etc. you see fit. <3

Apotropaics

Apotropaics

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 8:09 pm
User Image

Price: 600k
450k base price + 100k Mod. edits + 50k Complicated coloring

I have...: 350k
User Image

User Image

http://i37.tinypic.com/2woy5qo.jpg

Colorist wanted: ?
Name of horse: Theseus
Temper (one word for horse's personality): Valorous
Breed: Legendary
Description (eye color/hair color/hair style etc): Blood and Gold.

His coat is a vibrant, shimmering gold that glistens as though hit by a direct beam of pure sunlight. He is a true gold, not merely some strange shade of yellow.

His mane and tail are blood-red with crimson undertones. They are long and unshorn, the tips just barely resting upon the ground. Two lengths of mane hang across his shoulder, as shown in the reference image. (Note: I failed at drawing the tips of his mane/tail, but for the lengths of mane hanging across his shoulder and color it is a good reference. xD)

He has four pieces of armor- one piece of head armor that extends from his forehead to his nose (getting thinner in the middle before flaring out at the forehead and nose) and has fierce pointed edges, a plated/sectioned neck-guard that extends from the base of his skull along the length of his neck, and two vambraces (shin-guards) on his forelegs.
All of his armor is shining, vibrant black with slight reddish undertones.

Reference image(s): Main reference ; (without Armor)
Default accessory color(s)?: No default accessories please! <3
Tag frame color: Colorist's choice. (Please make sure he looks handsome on his tag. :3)
Tag feather color: Red and Gold, or Red Black
Hair/clothing edits: Mane and Tail are long and unshorn, tips just barely trailing on the ground, two chunks of mane hanging over his shoulder.
Head armor extends from his forehead to his nose, flaring out at the forehead and nose and thinner in the middle. Holes for eyes and nostrils.
Plated Neck armor extends from the base of his skull along the length of his neck.
Vambraces (leg guards/armor) extend from the base of his knee to just above his hooves, coming to a sharp point at either end.

Name of horse:
Breed: Silver Dapple (Horsebreed)
Description (eye color/hair color/hair style etc):

He is a Silver Dapple, a deep rich chocolate brown with opalescent undertones.

His front right and back left legs are white from the knee down.
He has elongated tufts of fur around his hooves (like those of an Angeni). The front left tufts of fur is white, the front right tuft of fur is chocolate brown, the back left tuft of fur is chocolate brown, and the back right tuft of fur is white. (In other words: If the leg is chocolate brown, the tuft of fur is white, and vice versa! xD)

His mane and tail, like those of any true Silver Dapple, are pearly white. They are almost long and unshorn, the tips just barely resting upon the ground. Two lengths of mane hang across his shoulder, as shown in the reference image.

His eyes are a smokey blue (see color swatches in top left.) Across his left eye (the one you see on the cert) are three hairline scars (see color swatches on bottom left.) These scars impair his vision in that eye.

Reference image(s): Reference. <3

A realistic/accurate example of Silver Dapple can be found in this HUGE chart by the talented SheWolff of DeviantArt. <3 (Download for full view, then look at 27. ("Silver Dapple Black")
[Sorry I couldn't just crop it and show you just the Silver Dapple, not cropping/editing in any way is one of SheWolff's rules of use!]

Tag frame color: Colorist's choice. (Please make sure he looks handsome on his tag. :3)
Tag feather color: Colorist's choice. Maybe the same color as his eyes? :3
Hair/clothing edits: Mane & Tail are long and unshorn, the tips just barely resting upon the ground. Two lengths of mane hang across his shoulder, as shown in the reference image.
He has elongated tufts of fur around his hooves like those of an Angeni.

.:Uni Soquili:.
Name of horse:
Breed:
Description (horn/tail colors/eye color/hair color/hair style etc):
Reference Image(s): Reference. <3
Reference w/out Mane &Tail
Which stage you want them to start as?(basket,foal,or adult):
Default accessory color(s)?:
Tag frame color:
Tag feather color:
Hair/clothing edits (if any):

.:Kalona Soquili:. (MUTANT)
Colorist wanted: ???
Name of horse: Alruna
Temper (one word for horse's personality): Provocative
Breed: Alruna's Rose
(Gaia Item?)

Description (wing/horn/tail colors/eye color/hair color/hair style etc): Alruna is based upon the final Female stage of the item Alruna's Rose. I am going to give you quite a lot of artistic freedom/license with this one; I trust your judgment, and judging by the caliber of your previous work know that it is impossible to be disappointed. ^.^

I'll rattle off a few things i'd like to see: from then on the choice is yours! <3

- Color palette not deviating too greatly from the Gaia item (Any shades of purple, red, and black. Feel free to use all the "in between" shades as well, like small amounts of pink, to achieve your desired effect!)
- Edited mane/tail- Maybe based off of the loose/flowy/curly bun, or a long style with cute bangs like those of the bob? Or something totally different?
- Deep blood-red shiny vibrant eyes! <3
- Horns and hooves (if visible) the base color of shiny black. (You can add red tips or anything else you wish, I just want the base to be black! 8'D)
- ... Creativity! ^.^

If you feel uncomfortable with so much freedom, please don't hesitate to let me know and i'll attempt to create a comprehensive view. :3

Reference image(s):
- Gaia Item: Alruna's Rose Female pose~<3
- Alruna's Rose Evolution Cycle Feel free to incorporate any of these stages into your final design! <3

For inspiration, if you are lacking:
-DA search on Alruna's Rose

Tag frame color: Colorist's choice~
Tag feather color: Colorist's choice~
Hair/clothing edits (if any): Mane, Tail, + colorist's choice. <3

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 7:36 pm
heart

Apotropaics

Apotropaics

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 11:00 am
ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:55 pm
ninja

Apotropaics

Apotropaics

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 4:57 pm
heart heart  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 1:15 pm
Quest changed to Chione, Chiron's long-lost sister! 8'D  

Apotropaics

Ansata Myst

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:26 pm
I love the concept! Chiron was one of my favorites in that raffle. I wish you the best of luck in getting Chione. :3  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:30 pm
Thank you very much! ^-^ <3  

Apotropaics

Apotropaics

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:57 pm
x3 Going through form with a fine-toothed comb~  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:46 pm
Up to 1,038,486 gold. xD <3 *sold entire inventory some stuff*

... Now to get the remaining 611,514 gold... oh boy...

Apotropaics

-Nessus-Euenos-

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:49 pm
heart  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:58 pm
SO CLOSE! ;o; <33  

Apotropaics

Apotropaics

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:40 pm
Slot obtained for Chione!!

[ Monday, April 06, 2009 ]

Colorist: Infinite Improbability! <3
- Slot method: Colorist's Choice
- Total cost: 1,650,000gold

[x]

Final Form:

Apotropaics
User Image

.:Uni Soquili:.
Colorist wanted: Infinite Improbability?
Dawniechan? Merangue? Natsube?

Name of horse: Chione
Temper (one word for horse's personality): Cryptic
Breed: Constellation
Description (horn/tail colors/eye color/hair color/hair style etc):

She is her brother's darker half.

She shares with him the familial aggregate deep purple and dark red color scheme, but she is of a darker shade of the same concept. Color scheme!! (Deep purple, dark red/crimson, pearly white/transparent shining brilliance for the stars, and jet-black for her mane/tail/hooves/horn.)

Her hooves are jet-black, but seem as if they were splattered with blood like her brother's. The fur around her hooves is longer than normals, like an Angeni's, and matches her mane in terms of long/flowy-ness. Her horn is black, with a single droplet of blood welling up at its tip.
She has a similar "constellation" pattern on her coat, but her swirls are in the opposite direction of her brother's, and her "stars" shimmer more brightly. (Like the droplets of dew on the color scheme reference rose.)
Her eyes are the same crimson red, the whites of her eyes tinted a similar shade. The outline of her eye should be dark and heavy, dramatic. The soot black trails of old tears trickle down her cheeks, like so.

Her mane looks nothing like his. It is a deep black instead of gold, and falls almost to the ground (If it looks better piling slightly on the ground feel free to lengthen her mane. xD) The exact style is up to you, but I would like something incredibly long and flowing, luscious and becoming. I'd love it for a few strands to fall over her neck/back. If you could work (one/a few) braids into it as well, that would be awesome, though if it looks awkward then please don't. Feel free to gather it up in certain places with bands/ties/ribbons if you see fit, but it isn't necessary. <3
She has the normal unicorn tail. If the tuft of hair at the end of it could be longer than normal and flowing, that would be awesome!

She also wears a sash/tie-thing, like her brother does.
I'd love it if hers wasn't so tight around the neck, maybe falling a little looser, wrapped twice about her neck, with plenty of folds and movement, not to the point of being garish rather still becoming instead of overbearing... but... yeah. It's totally up to you. GO CRAZY with this design! 8D
(Sidenote: Please don't include the arrow-holder part on hers; she has no crossbow and so her sash is more of an accessory and less of a necessary contraption. o.o; )

Sticking in her flank is a golden arrow with a vicious barbed point. (Like the one in her brother's mouth!) Blood oozes down from the point, trickling along her leg and pooling on the ground. (If that looks like too much blood, then just trickling out of the wound would be fine. xD)
Thank you so much!
(<~ Might not include this... debating.)

And please, if while working on this design you feel that she would benefit from adding some little trinket, whether it be a becoming necklace or simple accessory, add it in! <3 I'd love it if you put your own style into her. x3

Please make sure she is vibrant and shiny! <3 (Especially the black. No dull black please! xD) Depth! Dimension! GORGEOUS! So long as she is utterly stunning, I will be happy. ^-^ <3

Reference Image(s):
Her brother, Chiron.
Her darker color scheme here.
Soot black "tear" markings beneath eyes here.

Ideas for her "sash/tie-thing.":
Misaki
Adahy
Romance

Default accessory color(s)?: No default accessories please.
Tag frame color: Black.
Could her tag background be the same as her brothers, except darker? 8'D Same background, just with a Brightness/Contrast filter or something of that nature... And could her name be in the same font? ( I believe it was Yayoi who tagged him, perhaps you could ask her if you're unsure what font to use? 8'D)

Tag feather color: Black at the base, then deep purple, and tipped in dark red. Could it look like it is dripping blood? <3
Hair/clothing edits (if any):

+ Mane/Tail - luscious and flowing, falling (almost) to the ground, possibly a (few) braid(s) worked in with bands/ties/ribbons?
+ Tufts of hair about hooves, longer even than an Angeni- flowing to match her mane.
+ Sash/tie-thing.
+ ANY OTHER ACCESSORIES YOU WISH TO INCLUDE. xD

Permission received to reference Misaki 2/8/09 through PM. <3
Permission received to reference Adahy 2/8/09 through PM. <3
Permission received to reference Romance 2/10/09 through PM. <3

Questing HQ

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items