Jean-Luc Picard
  Benjamin Sisko
  Kathryn Janeway
  Jonathan Archer
  Other
View Results

89108LV

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:48 pm
Who do you think was the best Star Trek captain?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:38 pm
In my opinion, it was Captain Kirk. He was the first one. Besides, TOS set the stage for all future Star Trek series, even if Enterprise took place in the past.

And he was Spock's best friend. wink  

Miral Paris

Call Me Janeway

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:13 pm
I heart Janeway!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:29 pm
I'd have to go with Jean-Luc Picard. heart

User Image  

Elbit

goddess_oraorchid

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:03 pm
PICARD ALL THE WAY

Riker & Picard '08  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:43 pm
Captain Kirk.  

Dave Lister_3

-[.Moo.]-

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:59 am
Picard ftw.
But I think sisko and janeway were good too.
Kirk was the first, yes, but not the best.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:32 pm
Picard was a very strong and solid leader. But Janeway had a whole new set of circumstances. Picard could call for backup if they ever ran into major problems. Janeway being stuck in the Delta Quandrant couldn't. I think she did an amazing job sticking to her principles even when things didn't work out so well (umm lets not mention the future Janeway from Endgame here....)

But yeah, considering the etremity of the Voyager situation Janeway would be my top choice. followed closely by Picard, Kirk, and Sisko. I can't really judge Archer, I kind of gave up on that series......  

USSVoyager_NCC-74656

Shotgun_Rae

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:35 pm
i think Janeway handled the Delta Quadrant situation very well but over all i feel that Picard was the most competent captain because he was good and knowing when to use diplomacy and when to use a fist...or phaser...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:29 pm
Ben Sisko! He had to go through all of the emmesary crap while he had to keep a space station on the edge of the first active wormhole together! And he had a son and a dead wife!  

The Angry Therapist

The Angry Therapist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:32 pm
And hes still stuck in a god forsaken wormhole which he didn't want to go in in the first place! He wanted to stay with his new pregnant wife! she was carrying another son for him to take care of.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:24 am
my favorite captain is Janeway  

Hetalia Greece

Giliya

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:13 am
I don't really think any one is above the other. They were all different captains with different crews and personalities that suited their own circumstances. Personally, I'm not a fan of Janeway in general. I found her approach to situations weak. But I couldn't compare her to Kirk or Picard or any of the others because it was a different circumstances.

Now if we're talking about favorite captains, it would probably be Kirk. Not for his actions really but for his personality.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:33 am
I'll have to go with Picard. He's the Star Trek captain I grew up watching, and I still like the character.

Kirk cracks me up though, and I like Janeway so far (I'm new to the series), and I can't comment on any others since I haven't really watched those series yet.  

dreamingscribe

Wizard Kittie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:59 pm
Jean-Luc all the way. He's always so calm and in control!!!! (and he's got that awesome British accent.... whee )

Kirk...is the second...best captain, even if...he can't...speak a complete thought without...all these strange...pauses. ( xp )

However....
Even though you never hear much about his captaincy, I'd imagine Spock takes the gold. ( heart 4laugh 3nodding )  
Boldly Go - A Star Trek Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff