im too cool for school 8D
5%
 5%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 20

HappyKid08

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:28 am
well. i find that more than half of my asian friends listen to asian songs
in japanese, korean and stuff..
but for mee {im viet} i find that all pretty much all viet songs are lovie dovie old ppl. no offense but i lean towards rock music like Sum 41 and my brothers are saying that i listen to white people music
and i don't know what to do.
cuz i listened to a korean song by the Big Bang i think
i dont understand anything but the word "baby" haha but i could tell that it was..
idk.. something i could listen to if i understood? haha. idontknoww

help me out please.

id appreciate it if you guys would give some examples of some asian bands? or just some advice?
thanks.

bytheway. POLL IT.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:55 pm
User Image

User Image
I'm viet too, but viet music is....eh. Not for me, all I can say.
I listen to rock and j-rock.
Sure I don't understand most of j-rock, but hopefully taking japanese class helps a bit.
Doesn't matter what people say about what you listen to really, as long as you yourself come to the conclusion that you like what you are listening to.
I can't connect with viet music at all.

User Image

ShigureAishite

MixedUp92

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:21 pm
I totally understand. The Viet music seems like it's only targeted to adults. When I was in Vietnam when I was like 10 the teens all listened to US music. I got one Viet song on my iPod but like 9 songs by Big Bang and one by SNSD. I got J-Rock/Pop on there too. The funny thing is that I'm Chinese-American. My parents are both from Vietnam but their grandparents are from China.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:23 pm
MixedUp92
I totally understand. The Viet music seems like it's only targeted to adults. When I was in Vietnam when I was like 10 the teens all listened to US music. I got one Viet song on my iPod but like 9 songs by Big Bang and one by SNSD. I got J-Rock/Pop on there too. The funny thing is that I'm Chinese-American. My parents are both from Vietnam but their grandparents are from China.

thank youu.
my friend is like that. she thot she was half viet at first but shes full blooded chinese.
i only listen to one viet song.. that i actually like listening to.  

HappyKid08

HappyKid08

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:25 pm
ShigureAishite
User Image

User Image
I'm viet too, but viet music is....eh. Not for me, all I can say.
I listen to rock and j-rock.
Sure I don't understand most of j-rock, but hopefully taking japanese class helps a bit.
Doesn't matter what people say about what you listen to really, as long as you yourself come to the conclusion that you like what you are listening to.
I can't connect with viet music at all.

User Image

thankss. haha. That's so true. My parents listen to french songs and the only word they know is probably love and maybe hello.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:33 pm
haha. Im with both. I listen to bands like My chem, Panic at the Disco, and fall out boy. but like. I still listen to j-rock like Dir en grey, alice nine, an cafe, and gazettE. [and J-pop too. and K-pop XD] but yea. I don't understand a word most of the time, but I still sing along with it. as long as you like it. I don't think language matters. especially when as seen as a barrier for music ^^  

~Tonberry-chocobo~

ashleylau0204

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:23 am
I like most asian music, although I prefer japanese and cantonese. Japanese because I like the melodies and contonese because I actually understand the lyrics.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:35 am
i'm also with both, i listen to alternative, some scremo, then from there i went to manderin/jpop, then jrock, then kpop. Haha weird i went from scremo to manderin/j-pop. Even though i dont really know the words i still listen/sing along to it. I'm fiipino, but i think tagalog music is horrible. . .xD  

Sesshomaruka

Midnite Girl

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:25 am
krn rap is da best!! esp. EPIK HIGH!!
BIG BANG is mad as well!!
i luv SE7EN!!

o yeh, not to mention, JAY CHOU mando rap is KOOL
but am canto~ so w.e, i like dem aniwayz!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:49 am
I may be Japanese. But I sure don't listen to any Japanese music(for fun..unless it'f bon dancing).  

k a n a g u s u k u

Teriyaki Tsubaki

1,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:28 pm
Asian music makes up like 9/10th of my music library but the other 1/10th is American  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:20 pm
My playlist is like 80% asian related and the other 20% isn't asian. It's a variety. My main is BIG BANG!! Friggin' love them. Well I listen to K-pop, C-pop, J-pop, a lil J-rock, punk rock, rnb, rap, techno, or whatever. As long as its good than I'm good and I don't care what people say! x]  

XvXYuNiEXvX

saku_chan187

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:38 pm
i really dont listen much to asian music. maybe except for big bang...and maybe super junior in korea. lol. and philipino songs cuz i understand it. but mostly i just listen to rnb/hip hop sometimes rap songs. little bit of rock and al l that but usually dont.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 4:56 pm
Viet music is boring. Dx
The only singer I like is Minh Tuyet.
I'm Vietnamese as well, and I listen to Japanese and Korean music even
though I don't really understand. But I usually look of the translations for
alice nine. and stuff. I also listen to a lot of rock/alternative music.
It doesn't really matter what you listen to, as long as you like it. =]

As for examples..

Japanese artists
The GazettE
alice nine.
Dir En Grey
An Cafe
UVERworld
Asian Kung-Fu Generation
Utada Hikaru
Hitomi Takahashi
VELTPUNCH
LM.C
Kotoko
Arashi
Abingdon Boys School
Ai Otsuka
Ayumi Hamasaki
Back-On
Capsule
Maaya Sakamoto
SID
Snowkel
Nami Tamaki

Korean Artists
DBSK
Epik High
Youhna
Se7en

I listen to more Japanese music than Korean as you can see. >>;

the r e v e r i e

Rebirth Project

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:33 pm
You know you have to check out APG's Asian Music Thread that... I guess died during my hiatus. T.T

I think there are a couple of Vietnamese artists on our amazing list located on the second post. <<<<<<< IMPORTANT

biggrin

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff