Welcome to Gaia! ::

The RPS Guild: Dungeon Crawls For All

Back to Guilds

The RPS Guild is for RPing using the simply-named Roleplaying System (RPS) to manage combat. 

Tags: Role Play, Fantasy, Dungeon, Adventure, System 

Reply RPS Guild
EVIL Player Characters? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Should evil player characters be allowed in RPS?
  Yes
  No
  Indifferent
View Results

Kaihatsu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:35 am
I was just asking FARGORE about making my character into the first truly evil player character in the RPS system. He suggested that since it may anger other players to see another player come out of nowhere and attack them, that I should ask all of you what you think of my character (Zypher) becoming truly evil. Just so you all know though, Zypher is not one to do evil acts for the sake of evil, but rather someone with a lust for power and no regard for anyone else's life or well being. He would manipulate others, kill anyone who gets in his way, and not hesitate in attacking anyone that angers him. FARGORE also suggests that Zypher may be used as an enemy in some quest and events, and I think that would be just fine under certain circumstances. Mind I am not trying to be a jerk to everyone, but rather trying to add a new factor to the system. I just think that it should be allowed to have players that don't follow the norm and be the good guys all the time. I think we could all have fun with that. Of course though, if anyone disagrees and thinks that there are serious downfalls to having evil players in the system please feel free to state your argument. I am completely open to your input here.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:19 am
Being evil... Well, my only concern is, due to your evil-alignment-ness, you might have a hard time finding a dungeon. Most, if not magority, of the people here are either neutral, or kind of light-sided.

Its your choice, some quest colaborations with your evil-based alignment would be intresting... twisted  

random mistakes

Firu Nicorusu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:59 pm
Well I think the biggest problem is how the interaction aspect will play out. Afterall we already have a few players who have attempted to play theif characters, however while they can act and RP their characters like theifs since the rulls don't support stealing from other players and there is no real way to be stealthy in combat.

And unless some changes are made or modifications added I don't see how a plyer will be able to play an evil character other than just talking and acting evil. You could always start touble in the general RP threads and have battles with other characters since those threads are just for playing around and having fun with your character. And you could even take it farther by chalenging another player to a PVP match. But the biggest problem is how you would do a quest, I don't think most characters would want to join your team if you might attak them or join the enemies.

So realy I have no problem with people wanting to play vilainous characters, I just don't know how they can.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:01 pm
Just remember if you do that Lugh is going to come after you.  

Devil hunter lugh

Varnis54

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:14 pm
Heh, I like this. Evil aligned characters depending on their actions?

Varnis will go looking for your character if he is evil, or attacking people randomly.

And thanks, this also gave me an idea for my battle system XD  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:14 pm
Well everyone has pretty much highlighted the major points. The most important one being no one is going to want to group with you. You also have to look at it from the perspective of the people you will be rping with. People might not enjoy rping about Zhypher being a jerk to their character, while others might enjoy the bit of change. My sugestion to you is you pm the person you wish to interact with and ask ther permission before doing something to their character. That way you avoid possibly pissing someone off. But, yeah if you want to rp your character being openly evil you might find yourself awfully alone as all other characters I know of our good aligned or possibly neutral.  

Kowsauni
Crew

Devil hunter lugh

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:54 pm
In the case of grouping, from an rp standpoint you could argue that both good and evil had something to gain out of the mission, or how one side needed the other.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:15 am
What is wrong with you people? Can't you see the roleplaying potential here!? Personally I am getting sick of these stagnant evil characters that are all non-player! I thought I would throw a little bit of a flare into my selfish greedy Talos and it seemed to really bring out a sort of spark that you can't get out of non-player characters. Heck, I wouldn't have a problem with joining up with an evil character in a dungeon. We could strike a deal, or he could just kill me, I don't care! Either way I should be getting my reward by the end of it, and if the dungeon fails, well I guess the joke is on him!  

TamrielicKnight

Varnis54

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:47 pm
I don't have an objection to this. I am just saying that my character I like to think of Varnis as a mercenary, and he may go after the evil characters. But, it all comes down to FARGORE for this. If you randomly attack my character I wont mind, and Varnis may randomly attack you. It adds more potential into the RPS system.

But like I said before. It all comes down to FARGORE.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:40 pm
Well seeing as Xi has a split/twin personality she could technically be with you and against you at the same time. Lol, now that would be interesting! xd  

Whalehunter

Malignant Defector

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:11 am
You know when it comes to groups for dungeons, the groups don't always have to be people that get along. Groups could be made in a mercenary style, in which each person is hired or asked to do a quest individually and then they are put together as a group because of their common goal. There can be disputes within a group and group members can all have varying opinions upon how to go about a certain situation without us losing any of the fun that we have had so far. So I think it is just fine to allow there to be "evil" characters. It just adds another factor to think about when you have your character interacting with the other characters in the guild.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:33 am
Lazarus has always been of more of a Lawful Evil alignment anyways. He will keep his "team" alive, if only so that he can use their bodies as shields in his quest for power. Vincent himself has threatened me on more than one occasion, due to my lust for arcane seaming to give into absolute evil.

You wouldn't really be the first, you'd just be the first with a title.  

Atrus_Legnacra

Heirophant_of_the_Broken
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:18 am
By all means you should play your character the way that you want to. I've always been a fan of RP in any way shape and form, so to run an evil person is fine by me...And has no one noticed that I am currently running a dungeon more geared to the lustful and more evil players? Eryka Deathfold, Zypherius Ixion and Talos Kintsei are all part of that quest. And if Lazarus had joined it would have been RPS's first all-evil questing party...sweetness. twisted

...Maybe we could have the alignment title? Hmm...that would be interesting...I have to scheme. I'll be back! ninja  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:16 am
I had thought about it, but having to listen to my sister (Eryka) complain because I did this, or that, or because I was killing things faster than her, or any of a million other things a sister might do, would have caused me to kill her... in one way or another >.>

Humm, that's the problem with DnD alignments... See Lazarus isn't technically of any specific-set alignment. He'll take orders, and stick to the law, when it suits him, and he'll save small children, and old people, when it suits him, but don't think he won't stab his adventuering partner in the back when it means he can get more power. He's sort of a quasi-neutral, but not necessarially evil...  

Atrus_Legnacra

Heirophant_of_the_Broken
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:31 am
Atrus_Legnacra
I had thought about it, but having to listen to my sister (Eryka) complain because I did this, or that, or because I was killing things faster than her, or any of a million other things a sister might do, would have caused me to kill her... in one way or another >.>

Humm, that's the problem with DnD alignments... See Lazarus isn't technically of any specific-set alignment. He'll take orders, and stick to the law, when it suits him, and he'll save small children, and old people, when it suits him, but don't think he won't stab his adventuering partner in the back when it means he can get more power. He's sort of a quasi-neutral, but not necessarially evil...

...dude? That's just true neutral with evil tendincies. Either that or Lawful Evil...hmm? Can't decide.

User Image

RPS Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces