Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
My fingers hurt. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you play an instrument?
  Yes. Quite well.
  Yes. Quite terribly.
  No. I wish I did.
  No. And I don't want to.
View Results

Angilwingz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 9:49 pm
That's right...because I'm learning how to play guitar.
And it's hard. Really really hard. Incredibly hard. The trombone was much easier to learn.
Discuss guitar related whatevers, and make suggestions on what I should learn next.
And encourage me...I expect lots of encouragement.,..anyone caught insulting me will uhh...I'll think of something later...Sean.
I will post pictures of me and my guitar at a later time...and if you're on my msn I'll send you the cruddy recordings.
And if you're lucky they won't be interupted by msn bleaps. Now add me to msn!
Currently learning: Romance by MCR

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 11:27 pm
Angilwingz
That's right...because I'm learning how to play guitar.
And it's hard. Really really hard. Incredibly hard. The trombone was much easier to learn.
Discuss guitar related whatevers, and make suggestions on what I should learn next.
And encourage me...I expect lots of encouragement.,..anyone caught insulting me will uhh...I'll think of something later...Sean.
I will post pictures of me and my guitar at a later time...and if you're on my msn I'll send you the cruddy recordings.
And if you're lucky they won't be interupted by msn bleaps. Now add me to msn!
Currently learning: Romance by MCR

Didn't think a Canadian could do that. :O Kidding, of course. And, I wouldn't actually insult you. All my barbs are completely playfull. Never take me seriously. razz Maybe one day you can teach me to play...?

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

Gaulia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:35 am
o_o;

I play alot of instruments.
Guitar [aco + eleccy], bass, clarinet [ishish, i used to learn but gave it up], piano, flute [probably what I'm best at], saxophone [ooohyeah. D: I don't have my own sax, though], drums [:B], I sing, and last, but not least... THE TRIANGLE!! <3333

Damnit, I could swear there was something else but for the life of me, I can't remember what it is.

Pretty much, I can play them all to a reasonable standard, and a few to a pretty good one. biggrin DD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:18 am
Gaulia
o_o;

Guitar [aco + eleccy], bass, clarinet [ishish, i used to learn but gave it up], piano, flute [probably what I'm best at], saxophone [ooohyeah. D: I don't have my own sax, though], drums [:B], I sing, and last, but not least... THE TRIANGLE!! <3333

Damnit, I could swear there was something else but for the life of me, I can't remember what it is.

Pretty much, I can play them all to a reasonable standard, and a few to a pretty good one. biggrin DD

I'm jealous. : /  

Darth Buttsecks

Dapper Gaian

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 3:23 am
I never got round to it really. I regret it and probably always will, though to make up for it Kate can play a comparative orchestra of instruments. I'll just stick to writing.

Which she also does better than me.

neutral

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:00 am
Timeless_Visage
I'm jealous. : /

I hate it when people get jealous, it's silly. v.v I've been playing music [and acting and drawing, but they're entirely different things <3] since I was about 5, and one hell of a lot of hardwork has gone into that.

Yeeeears of practice won't make people jealous, but the result will. D: Generally jealous people aren't bothered enough when it comes to the working side, and it ticks me off.

Gaulia

Angilwingz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:08 am
ninja I'm in guitar class. It hurts to type. Damn damn damn. C F G Em Am ....do it again! oW! Hey a cookie...  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:28 am
And that is why I play bass...the lazy man's option  

and_solo_said

Broken Keys

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 12:24 pm
I know I'm not a gutar player like the rest of you lot are here but my fingers hurt enough with the practise I do for my Piano and violin. I'll be doing my Grade 5 Violin exam in March and Grade 4 piano exam in Mrach too and so far, I do 2 hours a day of constant piano and violin playing and now, I have my wrists hurting and my lower arms too... sad not too great but when I get a distinction, trust me, it's lovely.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:43 pm
Gaulia
o_o;

Congralations- you play the best instrument in the world- the saxaphone!

I usedf to play bass, but I worked out pretty soon that although practice is obviously very important it also helps to have some natural talent, something I dont sad Ill stick to writing, especially anaylsing stuff, as Im actually good at it.  

girl_no_13

Angilwingz

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:15 pm
*Hugs her Soprano.* Oh how I love my saxophone.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:29 am
Damn...I'me so exhausted. I have to stand in band class....the whole class...  

Angilwingz

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:52 pm
Angilwingz
Damn...I'me so exhausted. I have to stand in band class....the whole class...

>.< Thats why you should play horn. It isn't possible, well it is, but it isn't possible to play properly standing up. Although I have had to sit on stairs before, when the band teacher decided we were going to play in the stairwell.

My wrist hurt in band today, but I think that was from carrying my horn. Or maybe trying to hold my horn, bag and books while trying to do my homework on the bus. We were actually playing something that I couldn't play completely sight reading (startrek). Which is brilliant, even if I could play by the second time through.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:36 am
I spazzed out in my music lesson and hit my head on the wall earlier.

Argh. I'm fed up with music. ):

I want to learn the bassoon.

Gaulia

Angilwingz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:42 pm
Hehehe....

Oh I believe in Yesterday!
Am D F C

Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff