Reply Non Star Trek Discussion Forum
Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elbit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:34 pm
I figured some of you may be Firefly or Joss Whedon fans so this might interest you...

Actually if you like Joss Whedon, Nathan Fillion, Neil Patrick Harris or Felicia Day you should check this out!

Joss Whedon is trying to pull of something really interesting, and if you feel like reading about it, I quoted some of the "Master Plan" from the official website.

It's FREE to view right now until July 20th!! So, what do you have to lose? Unfortunately it can be a bit laggy due to the amount of people streaming it so you may have to get it off of a non-official website like YouTube. Be warned, it is a musical...but it's HI-larious!

Check out: Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

A Letter from Joss Whedon

1) Why, Joss? Why? Why now, why free, why us?

Once upon a time, all the writers in the forest got very mad with the Forest Kings and declared a work-stoppage. The forest creatures were all sad; the mushrooms did not dance, the elderberries gave no juice for the festival wines, and the Teamsters were kinda pissed. (They were very polite about it, though.) During this work-stoppage, many writers tried to form partnerships for outside funding to create new work that circumvented the Forest King system.

Frustrated with the lack of movement on that front, I finally decided to do something very ambitious, very exciting, very mid-life-crisisy. Aided only by everyone I had worked with, was related to or had ever met, I single-handedly created this unique little epic. A supervillain musical, of which, as we all know, there are far too few.

The idea was to make it on the fly, on the cheap – but to make it. To turn out a really thrilling, professionalish piece of entertainment specifically for the internet. To show how much could be done with very little. To show the world there is another way. To give the public (and in particular you guys) something for all your support and patience. And to make a lot of silly jokes. Actually, that sentence probably should have come first.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:27 pm
blaugh
I'VE SEEN IT FOUR TIMES.
I HAVE ALL 3 ACTS ON MY IPOD, AS WELL AS THE SOUNDTRACK.  

Lumanny the Space Jew

Blessed Poster

Matt Pniewski

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:42 pm
I find it hilarious that his point is invalid, proving that Web Media can be a commercial success is best proven using something original developed for web by a web producer, not an All Star Cast with a Producer who, no matter if its good or bad, legions of fans would watch.

That being said, Joss Whedon's done some great things. Also terrible. Where does this rank?

It's the best of the best. Sure, I think it was just as much as an exercise in futility as the writer's strike, but it's damn good. Granted, I agree with the goals of the strike, however, I believe the strike was unnecessary. The profitability of Web Media was, and to a certain extent, still up in air.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:15 pm
Matt Pniewski
That being said, Joss Whedon's done some great things. Also terrible. Where does this rank?

It's not comprable.  

Lumanny the Space Jew

Blessed Poster

Non Star Trek Discussion Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas